YesNoOk

Character Assembly Line (Read 36981 times)

Started by inktrebuchet, August 15, 2015, 10:49:52 pm
Re: Character Assembly Line
#41  September 09, 2015, 11:31:12 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

Awesome!1 I was looking for something like this and now you did it :D!!

PS: Just a small thing; in the cvs process, why not indexing before resizing? This way you can obtain a desired amount of colours(in grey tones) for a future CS without so many small colour gradations.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#42  September 09, 2015, 02:34:35 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
In my experience downscaling with nearest neighbour gives you terrible results with an indexed image.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#43  September 09, 2015, 02:52:25 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I have tried indexing before resizing, it just doesn't give the desired result. I haven't made the tool to automatically index the sprites yet, but once I do it will reduce the messy gradations by one click of the mouse. *indexing the long way is time consuming and can be frustrating.

I plan to revamp, the CvS process soon. The images I have up now are not a good representation of how it should look, they were just what I had sitting around. The SF3 process is the only one up to date.

I also plan on doing a KoF process in the future!

and others if they are requested.

this looks awesome! do you have anyone up for the 4th role? im pretty good at detailing and cleaning
Thanks man, I will keep you in mind! Currently everything is on hold due to low free time on my end. Hopefully others will be forming a team effort from the thread too.
#44  September 09, 2015, 03:02:10 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
For a KoF process, maybe you can take a look at Marancv's CvS to KoF tutorial and integrate some pointers from that tutorial into your process.

You are doing the entire Guild a huge favor, and I salute you for that. Hope I can participate in this one day.

*salutes inktrebuchet
This is a generic forum signature.

lui

#45  September 25, 2015, 10:28:20 am
    • USA
I have tried indexing before resizing, it just doesn't give the desired result. I haven't made the tool to automatically index the sprites yet, but once I do it will reduce the messy gradations by one click of the mouse. *indexing the long way is time consuming and can be frustrating.

I plan to revamp, the CvS process soon. The images I have up now are not a good representation of how it should look, they were just what I had sitting around. The SF3 process is the only one up to date.

I also plan on doing a KoF process in the future!

and others if they are requested.

this looks awesome! do you have anyone up for the 4th role? im pretty good at detailing and cleaning
Thanks man, I will keep you in mind! Currently everything is on hold due to low free time on my end. Hopefully others will be forming a team effort from the thread too.

awesome, if this does come to fruition i won't even need to be paid! well i dont have a paypal so thats pretty much why, but i would do this shit for free anyways so you guys can keep all the grubby money to yourselves :P
#46  March 07, 2018, 11:10:00 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I updated the first post with my SF3 Morrigan work files. They should help to further explain the process I've been using.
Work file Extras
This link has all the work files used for my SF3-Moriggan. I hope you'll find them useful. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zp955o5t5g6ww8f/AAB6IZxxgSZc6-KzGSQNG2nsa?dl=0
  • Inktrebuchet's-sf3-morrigan-work-file.psd has role 1 and 2. you'll have to make layers visible/not visible to see the full process.
  • Inktrebuchet's-sf3-morrigan-color-seperation-work-file-psd has role 3.
  • Inktrebuchet's-sf3-morrigan.gif is role 4 but still has some things I would like touch up in the future.