YesNoOk

Nickelodeon All Star Brawl (Read 324822 times)

Started by walt, July 13, 2021, 07:39:39 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Nickelodeon All Star Brawl
#101  September 16, 2021, 12:26:41 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Spoiler: Whatever's happening on Discord (click to see content)

:EDIT: But never mind the drama, because there's a new interview out with some pretty big info drops.

https://www.gameinformer.com/interview/2021/09/15/nickelodeon-all-star-brawl-qa-with-ludocity-ceo-joel-nystrom

• October 5th launch date confirmed
  • 20 characters at launch, with 2 more being added in an update soon after
  • Additional DLC characters post-launch confirmed
  • Slap Ball mode from Slap City is included, renamed to Sports Ball for this game
Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 01:04:05 am by Person Man
#102  September 16, 2021, 01:17:40 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Ah cool, DLC confirmed.  If not already in the base game, then my number one expected character they'd have to do is Squidward.  SpongeBob is Nick's Super Mario, it can't have too much overrepresentation, and everyone loves Squidward.  Even the ones who haven't watched or like SpongeBob.

We’ve seen gameplay footage of a stage from the Avatar series. Who might we expect from the original series or The Legend of Korra to be part of the roster?

Hopefully, your favorite! All in due time.
Surprise me, Ludocity.  Make my day.  Have an Appa/Momo tag team character.
#103  September 16, 2021, 01:35:02 am
    • USA
I feel like Donatello and Raphael would be easy pickings for DLC.  Nobody's gonna complain about having the whole TMNT crew together.
#104  September 16, 2021, 02:07:53 am
    • USA
It hasn't come up much in discussions that I've seen, but I wonder now what they plan for alt. colors?  Probably jam in as many references as they can, but I also assume they're not allowed to alter someone like SpongeBob's appearance too drastically just for marketing purposes.

The turtles are probably going to get the same raw deal Sonic does in Smash Bros. since they're all color coordinated and have super minimal physical differences between one-another.  Leonardo's probably just going to get 8 choices along the blue color scale on his bandana.
#105  September 16, 2021, 03:38:19 am
    • USA
Slap City actually had a shitload of really well designed alternate colors and costumes for all of its roster.  Ludosity does seem to recognize the importance of things like that, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do the best they can with what Nick will let them get away with.

I could easily see the turtles having pallet swaps that represent the color schemes from the various cartoon series.  Probably even a solid black and white one based on the original comic series, too.
#106  September 21, 2021, 03:55:38 am
    • USA
Bump for additional leaks because digital storefronts don't give a flying fuck about building hype.  Just like the Switch EShop leaked most of the unknown characters, the Series X shop has gone and leaked the 20th character to round out the launch roster.

Spoiler: And the winner is... (click to see content)
#107  September 21, 2021, 11:53:28 am
    • USA
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#108  September 21, 2021, 12:51:14 pm
    • USA
#109  September 21, 2021, 10:04:13 pm
    • Brazil
#110  September 21, 2021, 10:20:44 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#111  September 21, 2021, 11:58:50 pm
    • USA
Would you mind showing off this character?  Never touched Rivals of Aether but that sounds generally like what the character does in the show so I'm curious.
#112  September 22, 2021, 12:19:00 am
    • USA
Yeah, sure.  It's this guy.  That particular video doesn't show off a ton of the specific move I mentioned since it's not great for combos, but you can get the idea.
#113  September 22, 2021, 12:26:21 am
    • USA
Huh.  I wasn't picturing the character to end up being a hercules beetle fighting Shovel Knight, but hey.  Thanks.  Yeah, that seems like one way around the show character's issues.  Also seems a broken way at edge guarding but I'll leave that one up to the Melee pros.
#114  October 02, 2021, 09:47:23 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
quality game

oh yeah, Aang, Korra and Toph got revealed

===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#115  October 03, 2021, 12:11:14 am
    • USA
I thought something was wrong with that model's face when I saw the trailer, but I only had my phone to view it at the time.  I know exactly what they're referencing, but it doesn't really match his silly expression from the show doing that marble trick, not even the repeat cameo in Legend of Korra.  I mean, I guess it's just a taunt, not that big a deal, but man that did turn out weird looking in practice.

Anyways, pleasantly surprised both Korra and Toph look like fun characters I'd actually like to play as, rather than my habit of wanting to play characters that I'm either not good at or aren't all that viable to begin with.  Cool.  I am surprised Aang has the flight stick in his movepool.  Not because it's something out of character for him, in fact it makes more sense to have it than not, but it's already a stage background material.  I don't recall any being left around the airbender temples after they were all killed, but maybe I'm just recalling wrong after not seeing the show in years.

Not really feeling Aang's gameplay from the showcase alone, honestly.  Maybe he'll do better when played rather than watched.
Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 12:17:42 am by Long John Killer
#116  October 17, 2021, 12:05:37 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Unused assets found in the game's files:

I... actually didn't expect there would be this much information to gather just by looking at those. :o
#117  October 17, 2021, 12:19:55 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#118  October 17, 2021, 04:52:05 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Damn so many Avatar and TMNT characters listed and yet they couldn't get it done in time. They should've at least announced a much later release and work on the game some more. I think maybe a Spring 2022 would've worked that way some of those potential characters could've been in.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#119  October 17, 2021, 06:15:04 am
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
not with a low budget
#120  October 17, 2021, 02:33:12 pm
    • USA
Damn so many Avatar and TMNT characters listed and yet they couldn't get it done in time. They should've at least announced a much later release and work on the game some more. I think maybe a Spring 2022 would've worked that way some of those potential characters could've been in.

Those announcer voice lines don't necessarily mean those characters were ever considerations or put into serious development.  The lead dev commented on it, and said that they were recorded super early in development and they had the VA record a ton of lines before the roster was even finalized.  Partly so that they'd have the lines if they needed them, and partly to throw people off in case the recordings ever got leaked.  IIRC, Nintendo did the same thing when they had Xander Mobus record the announcer's lines for Ultimate