YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2411527 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#12381  May 09, 2021, 04:38:19 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
So hey.  New Dragon Ball Super feature film announced for Goku Day.

https://en.dragon-ball-official.com/news/01_42.html?fbclid=IwAR0gxj6nl-Srt3dHQeHZVWowKYvpp_jzGymvGgRqSq-hnQ0ykV5OmvpvuYY

Cool.  Personal guess?  Since I guess we're supposed to know this "unexpected character", it's the canonization of Cooler into Super's timeline or bringing back Cell to give him his limelight like Frieza's been getting for some years now.

Or just troll us all and revamp Garlic Jr. for the laughs.

ooh yeah janemba is comming.!
#12382  May 10, 2021, 02:26:15 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Janemba?  That'd be....odd.  Janemba manages to be among the few popular characters with less character development than DBZ Broly himself.  He would require an even bigger reworking than Broly's canonization, and the film would feel naked without Pikkon being in there as well.  Which would also require a whole phase of introduction and character bonding prior to Janemba's role in the movie because you wouldn't have the DBZ anime canon to suffice as background detail any more.

I guess Janemba would be ok if that's what they're going for, he IS cool design, power and lore-wise, but he's gonna take more effort to get him to work than Broly did if they want him to be expanded into anything further than a Kid Buu mirror image as a character.
#12383  May 11, 2021, 01:38:36 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Janemba?  That'd be....odd.  Janemba manages to be among the few popular characters with less character development than DBZ Broly himself.  He would require an even bigger reworking than Broly's canonization, and the film would feel naked without Pikkon being in there as well.  Which would also require a whole phase of introduction and character bonding prior to Janemba's role in the movie because you wouldn't have the DBZ anime canon to suffice as background detail any more.

I guess Janemba would be ok if that's what they're going for, he IS cool design, power and lore-wise, but he's gonna take more effort to get him to work than Broly did if they want him to be expanded into anything further than a Kid Buu mirror image as a character.
Yes shatting my expectation incluting Janemba in the film because Janemba for me was much better than kidbuu because he had better moveset, definitely janemba deserve a better treatment one more time and he didnt speak like Broly so why not.
Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 01:45:29 am by yaret
#12384  May 11, 2021, 02:09:44 am
    • USA
I was mulling it over for a bit today, so this is one of those "out there" less likely approaches, but I was considering the mystery character we should be expecting could be Raditz.  Seeing he got a note of recognition last movie and yeah, he has a sizable fanbase begging for his return to make use of his great story potential, being Goku's brother and all killed off WAY too early for anything of note beyond kickstarting the Z series.

But then it occurred to me that one doesn't necessarily negate the other.  If Janemba was being reworked, they'd probably keep his general origin idea intact, being born of all the sins of the universe, but they don't really need the nobody teenager demon that plays music on his headphones too loud.  Raditz is couped up in Hell, and we know Z and Super already altered how Hell's rules worked in Dragon Ball over time.  Used to be souls of negligible universal consequence lost their bodies and were reduced to....like, soul clouds that make up Heaven or whatever.  But then we got DBZ having all the villains keeping their bodies supposedly for eternal torment, and on top of that Super retconed Frieza's punishment from DBZ's to being tied up in that tree forever.  If we're keeping petty Raditz after his death and subsequent betrayal by Vegeta....could see him being the new focus.

Like I said, out there reasoning.  Just an idea I've been mulling about.  Janemba was also a creature of happenstance and chaos, to throw a revenge-driven Raditz would rather drastically alter his drive of reasoning.  Also by that hypothetical logic, it could be anyone with an Anti-Goku agenda in Hell other than Raditz.  But, it being Raditz WOULD drive home the often neglected consequences Goku needs to take for his brash decisions endangering the universe, it being administered by a family member would be karmic retribution.  With payoff in that Goku's last handling of Raditz would have been the opposite, good karma which played part into why he got to keep his body in Heaven to begin with.

But then Janemba would also probably need to keep being killed off by Gogeta which makes that whole story angle a flop so EHHH.  Just spitballing an idea.
Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 02:15:03 am by Long John Killer
#12385  May 12, 2021, 05:15:15 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
One more day.

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#12386  May 12, 2021, 06:23:02 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
It's been a while...

Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#12387  May 22, 2021, 04:09:44 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Something to look forward to after watching Castlevania season 4 for anyone wanting more monsters, demon hunting, witchcraft and the supernatural.

sailormoongalaxy said:
#12388  June 12, 2021, 02:52:04 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
https://www.slashfilm.com/castlevania-spin-off/

Netflix’s first anime take on Castlevania ended with the recently released fourth season. But the streaming service isn’t done with the Castlevania just yet. In April, word broke that a Castlevania spin-off was in the works, and now we have even more info on what you can expect from that. The Castlevania spin-off will be set during the French Revolution, and focus on Richter Belmont, a vampire hunter, and descendant of Simon Belmont and Juste Belmont.

I thought this would be dead by now because of the writer's scandal. Glad it isn't.

Guess we will see more of Morana and Striga.
sailormoongalaxy said:
#12389  September 02, 2021, 12:44:44 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Just finished season 2 of 'That Time I Was Reincarnated As A Slime' in Netflix. First 4 episodes were really boring. Pretty much just reacquainting with the supporting characters and was worried it might go all harem (with episode 3) again just like Arifureta. Episode 5 is when things get interesting. Have to say the plot elements borrows from Overlord. Not as bad as the splat scene but its still pretty disturbing once the massacre begins. Can't wait for season 3.

sailormoongalaxy said:
#12390  September 02, 2021, 04:17:11 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.

To further promote the 25th anniversary, Pokémon Generations is finally getting a new set of episodes under a new name "Pokémon Evolutions", an 8-episode web only anime series that details crucial events from the main games.

• Galar episode takes place during the climatic battle with Eternatus with Zacian and Zamazenta appearing.
  • Alola episode takes place during Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon where Lillie and Lunala encounters Lusamine with Necrozma appearing.
  • Kalos episode happens during the final fight with Lysandre where Xerneas is resurrected and fights the protag.
  • Unova episode happens at the near end of the first Black/White game with Alder encountering Zekrom.
  • Sinnoh episode focuses on Barry and his Piplup leading up to him facing off with Team Galactic.
  • Hoenn episode happens in the Delta Episode in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire where it will focus on Zinnia.
  • Johto episode tells the story of Lugia from the perspective of the Kimono Girls in Heart Gold/Soul Silver.
  • Kanto episode will have Green from the Let's Go remakes and will revolve around her story.
Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 04:24:02 pm by Kirishima
#12391  September 02, 2021, 10:44:18 pm
    • USA
Pokémon Generations is finally getting a new set of episodes under a new name "Pokémon Evolutions"
Yay.

Alola episode takes place during Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon where Lillie and Lunala encounters Lusamine with Necrozma appearing.
Boo.

With Generations prior, I was so looking forward to the continuation after its success to see what we'd get with gen 7, since we stopped at gen 6.  And was certain we'd get, what I guess is just my opinion now, one of the two most interesting nuggets of sub-plot they dropped in the games; either Guzma getting physically abused by his dad beating him with golf clubs and his running away eventually leading to his Team Skull misfit gang, or else my preference we'd get the follow-up to regular Sun/Moon's story ending on Lillie now being in charge of her mentally ill mother taking her to Kanto for whatever medical/physical treatments.  You know, the interesting stuff the games tease but can't possible follow up on in the games?

Bleh.  The Ultra games may throw in a random interesting lore bit with hey, Pokemon universe has sentient alien humanoid species that have their own little Pokemon world adventures and world-ending god mishaps like us, but they cut out all the good stuff from the original gen 7 games and Necrosma doesn't nearly stack up.

Oh well.  Anyways, the Kalos episode is unusual.  So far, it seems the set canon choice of gen 6 is Y, Lysandre gets Yveltal.  Which would of course be the one that makes more sense with his whole plan anyways, him with Xerneas is working backwards, but whatever.  Gen 8's supposed canon is also Sword with Gloria getting Zacian, but seems they're intending otherwise here.  Speaking of which, wow Leon do you look like you're from a different anime series altogether now.
Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 10:48:58 pm by Long John Killer
#12392  September 08, 2021, 04:59:39 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Just finished 'Is It Wrong To Try And Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?' Season 3. Bell yet again gets in trouble for saving a girl. I'm hoping we get Sword Of Oratoria Season 2. JC Staff has been indirectly promoting Loki's familia half way. It has some of that Kamen Rider vs Kamen Rider plot going on and the usual conflict of interest within certain factions. Not sure if everyone will enjoy Season 3 more as it is more about politics and reputation points. It's still good though I just think Season 2 is much better.

So far there's news (the only one so far I've googled that shows on the first page) there will be a season 2 for Sword Of Oratoria. And Netflix is pushing this as well.

https://thecinemaholic.com/danmachi-sword-oratoria-anime/
‘Danmachi Sword Oratoria’ season 1 premiered on April 15, 2017, and after a total of 12 episodes, it ended on July 1, 2017. ‘Danmachi Sword Oratoria’ Season 2, not to be mistaken as the second season of the main series, has not been confirmed by J.C. Staff Studio yet, but since it premiered recently, it has a fair chance of getting renewed in the future. If renewed, I expect ‘Danmachi Sword Oratoria’ season 2 to release sometime in 2021 or later.

I'm still deciding what to watch next. 'Sword Art Online' seasons 1 and 2 (I've watched season 3 first cause that's what Netflix offered in my market that time and the description said 'Season 1' which I've mistaken as the first season). I'm really curious if season 2 is really bad as people say. Or should I go with Re: Zero Season 2? Honestly, I feel like rewatching WIXOSS again.

Funny thing I just saw a Facebook post of a poll of 'Sword Art Online' being the number 1 in Japan. I laughed at someone commenting about the 'Attack On Titan' fans going berserk as most of the comments are either 'Why you hatin' SAO?' or 'SAO sucks/bad/terrible!'. I have to really see SAO as a whole. I somewhat enjoyed Sword Art Online Season 3 even with Kirito being such a boring protagonist and I did really enjoy its spin off series 'Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale'. I have to admit with the flashbacks it showed in Season 3 Asuna and Kirito do make a cute couple.

Edit:
Currently watching the first 2 episodes of 'Sword Art Online'. I am impressed. It's fast paced and Kirito wasn't boring at all. As I mentioned earlier I actually watched season 3 first so I'm treating this as a prequel. I have to say it feels better than season 3 so far which started off really slow and boring. Now I wonder if I am ready for the so called awfulness of season 2 as fans described it.
sailormoongalaxy said:
Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 04:10:39 pm by rgveda99
#12393  May 26, 2022, 09:30:36 am
    • Germany
Just found this little teaser on youtube. Ö_Ö

#12394  June 11, 2022, 04:11:20 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
I wanted this, had little hope it well be animated, but here we are.
#12395  June 17, 2022, 05:20:27 am
  • Examu Advocate
    • USA
#12396  August 18, 2022, 01:14:26 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
I'm just skimming Facebook and saw an image of a very well known and upgraded Dragon Ball villain who is.......................

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

The lack of creativity has now made the series look laughably bad.
sailormoongalaxy said:
#12397  January 17, 2023, 05:03:56 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Just a few months away.

sailormoongalaxy said:
#12398  January 17, 2023, 03:08:34 pm
Sailormoon just keeps adding new cousins to play with
#12399  August 14, 2023, 08:26:35 pm
    • Germany
Bruce Lee is getting an Anime, produced by his daughter Shannon Lee. Ö_Ö
#12400  January 06, 2024, 02:24:17 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria