YesNoOk

Open-discussion regarding MMX-SMA (Read 56855 times)

Started by MDI, March 11, 2011, 07:20:51 am

MDI

Open-discussion regarding MMX-SMA
#1  March 11, 2011, 07:20:51 am
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
This topic can be used for any random discussions not suited for the other threads, regarding this game.

This is just an idea at the moment, but I was thinking that it might be cool to do Copy-X for this game eventually, so I threw together this quick edit to give you an idea of what he might look like.

He looks too much like he is crouching though...mainly because the armor is intended for the longer-limbed MMZero characters, but I'd fix that while making a full-sheet.

I'd love to do more sprite edited characters, Enker being the only one so far...but alas..lack of motivation.  ;P
ey
Re: Open-discussion regarding MMX-SMA
#2  March 11, 2011, 09:46:48 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

This is a very cool idea.

However, I think the armor chunks look too big on your edit in most places probably because you gave the sprite drawing a kind of shade outline. It really looks crowded in that sprite, like he's gonna have a bitch of a time trying to move around.

I believe it would look better if you simply eliminated the original Copy X sprite body and just put the original armor chunks into place on X.

Your idea is great, the execution just needs a little more room to breath in. Just my two cents.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja

MDI

#3  March 11, 2011, 09:51:42 pm
Oh I know, like I said it was just a quick edit. I'd definitely make the armor a bit smaller to fit X. Right now he's basically gasping for air. XD
ey

MDI

#4  April 08, 2011, 07:15:54 am
I'm not sure how many people keep track of this project, but I apologize for the recent lack of updates. For some reason I haven't been in the mood to pay any attention to it lately..but that doesn't mean anything other then I've been occupied with other things.

This project will continue soon, don't worry!

And Launch Octopus will most likely be next, since he is the final of the 8 Maverick bosses from Mega Man X that I have yet to create.
ey
#5  April 08, 2011, 04:11:33 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
You don't have to apologize. RL is always priority.
#6  April 08, 2011, 05:03:50 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
its not just RL  *hint*

Right, MDI ? :)

MDI

#7  April 08, 2011, 09:27:50 pm
Haha, yes. Several things. Online and off.
ey

MDI

#8  December 02, 2011, 04:09:59 am
So I've been thinking of having the protagonist characters such as X, Zero, and Megaman be different from all the other characters in the sense that their weapon gauges should refill faster. Mainly because they are characters that will depend more on their rapid buster shots, so the gauge will be depleted faster then the other characters which are basically all just slow-moving bosses without many rapid attacks.

Speaking from playing as these characters quite often, I can honestly say that after wailing on a boss with a bunch of buster shots, the gauge is basically empty. XD
So yeah, no biggie!
ey

MDD

#9  December 02, 2011, 04:15:30 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
I personally would like MMZ Zero but that would most likely be too much editing.

MDI

#10  December 02, 2011, 04:38:13 am

This was hard enough, and I just put it together within a few minutes..hence the few mistakes that remain on the edit, but if I had more patience I'd probably be able to do a full sheet. It isn't totally impossible or improbable. Speaking of Mega Man Zero characters, a contributor whipped up a pretty impressive incomplete sprite sheet based on my Copy-X idea, but unfortunately I haven't heard from him recently so I am unsure if he is still attempting to finish that.
ey

MDD

#11  December 02, 2011, 04:47:31 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
lol That's not half bad actually. Of course, it would require a complete sprite edit and then some new ones for the different weapon he has in MMZ like the Recoil Rod and stuff, hence why I don't see you doing it.
#12  December 03, 2011, 03:24:49 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
AMAZING!!  :o

MDI

#13  August 02, 2013, 06:45:00 am
Apologies to those who follow my projects with interest. I know it has been very slow progress. I honestly can't believe it has been 2 years already! Either way, I am not the greatest Mugen creator so this will continue to take time. I spent quite a while figuring out how to make enemies via helpers and such, and I'm quite satisfied with the result so far, so check it out in the other topic.

Once again, thanks to everyone who is watching the project as well as contributing to it.
ey

MDI

#14  February 14, 2014, 07:43:38 pm
ey
#15  April 06, 2014, 05:32:58 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Good to see that you are still working on it somehow. Why don't you release a tech demo, with less chars, just to see public's reactions ?