YesNoOk

TEKKEN ANIME (NETFLIX) (Read 30613 times)

Started by FeLo_Llop, March 20, 2022, 02:08:06 am
Share this topic:
TEKKEN ANIME (NETFLIX)
#1  March 20, 2022, 02:08:06 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
So...I don't know what to say.

I swear there was something cool here!!
Re: TEKKEN ANIME (NETFLIX)
#2  March 20, 2022, 02:14:26 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Where is that Asuka/Lili mystery comedy shit those maniacs promised in that Blood Vengence interview thing?
Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 02:28:24 am by Kirishima
#3  March 20, 2022, 02:36:43 am
I would not have expected a return to the 2/3 period, ever. I'm glad that it won't be about the boring corporation war of the 6+ period, and that it focuses on the actual Tekken story.
It's too bad they really insist on bringing a weird character design style every time.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#4  March 20, 2022, 04:15:18 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Not the biggest fan of Jin's design TBH. He's too feminized compared to his game looks.

Also, is that Jun Kazama?
#5  March 20, 2022, 04:38:02 am
Yea that appearently is Jun and I'm starting to think she just isn't meant for animated roles.  Two decades later and they still can't get it right.

Regarding Leroy's inclusion, I just want him to not be involved in the main story.  It's fine to have cameos here and there but Tekken 3 is about Jin.  Yet, seeing Ganryu as a security guard (ironically reprising the same postion as that other animated movie) makes me extremely concerned that this does not have Harada involved in some way.  Or that this was made by someone that never grew up on Tekken lore, only put 5 hours in Tekken 7, and decided to make a series on it.

There also isn't any Japanese audio at least for now.

Also why do they insist on making Heihachi sound like Shang Tsung?
#6  March 20, 2022, 05:03:31 am
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
Yeah... I was genuinely surprised when I saw "Jun". She sounded and acted so different from her older iterations. Heihachi's English VA sounds okay-ish. His JP VA passed away so I'm also keen in hearing his JP voice too.
Regarding story, I also think Harada had little to no part in this production. This may be a good thing or a bad thing, since his writing was considered nonsensical very often. It wouldn't be bad if we see another take on Tekken without Harada this time.
I would also like to see Jin's interaction with other characters beside Kazuya/Heihachi and Xiaoyu. His pre-Tekken 3 battle with Hwoarang, his childhood with his cousin Asuka, etc.
This could be a great chance to see some behind the scene stuff regarding Tekken.
#7  March 20, 2022, 03:30:20 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Not the biggest fan of Jin's design TBH. He's too feminized compared to his game looks.

Also, is that Jun Kazama?

He eventually goes to the buff design that we all know. Check out his scene against King, nearly at the end.

Also yeah, that's definitely Jun; same fighting stance, flip kicks and all.

The trailer looks actually pretty solid, and everyone seems to be on-par with their game counterparts, at least design-wise.

This might be the first ever mix of 3D and anime-ish style animation, that I actually like! :datass:
Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 05:35:11 pm by NDSilva
#8  March 20, 2022, 05:46:33 pm
A begin for a new series of Tekken.
Hope it's better than Blood Vengeance. The OVA was a start, but it's good that it's so bad. More focus on Jin than those young gals.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#9  March 20, 2022, 08:55:47 pm
not digging the voices specially heihachi's.
#10  June 27, 2022, 01:16:41 am

Harada giving this adaption his regrets blessings with additional scenes not shown in the reveal trailer.  He also deems this to be the actual anime adaption as the 90's OVA never happened.  Ouch.

Want to point out that there has yet to be a launch window since March despite being listed for later this year.

V - Fair enough
Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 01:27:15 am by Kirishima
#11  June 27, 2022, 01:21:32 am
He says it's the first series, which is true. He's not dissing the OVAs (the old one and the relatively recent movie)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#12  July 19, 2022, 03:47:26 am

For reasons unknown, poor Feng is dragged into this, Julia is in her Tekken 7 outfit, Paul's current voice does not sound anything similar to his much louder counterpart that begs the question why can't they get the same guy, and Hwoarang's weird hairstyle.

8/18 release
Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 03:50:29 am by Kirishima
#13  July 20, 2022, 03:08:18 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
The animation isn't good as good as Castlevania but it took my attention
#14  July 20, 2022, 08:58:04 pm
Now I'm really curious about this anime.
So far no veterans like Yoshimitsu or even Law aren't even in. Let it be good than the OVA and specially the live action movies.
#15  July 21, 2022, 04:17:49 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Patience, everyone. We've only seen clips. For all we know, this is from the 1st episode.
#16  August 18, 2022, 08:23:55 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Just binged all 6 eps.
Other than some weird retcons, it was a pretty solid show.
Although with the amount of episodes and the runtime per ep, should have just been a movie
#17  August 18, 2022, 11:05:58 pm
Just watched the Tekken Netflix series, all of them.
It was good. Great fighting sequence, good relationship and truly what the game told by this story.

Spoilers details from the episodes:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Overall, better than the OVA and live action movies for sure.
#18  August 20, 2022, 11:52:28 am
Watched it:

#19  August 20, 2022, 02:41:04 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
    • South Korea
Lol, as a Nina main (well, one of) Xiao defeating her was a joke.
#20  August 21, 2022, 04:35:29 am
I hate the design style (mostly the heads, and Heihachi having the body size of Marduk as a giant rectangle, also the fact that they decided that regular shadow physics wasn't a thing), but that use of 3D everything is seriously impressive, especially for a fighting anime. Sometimes it's hard to notice, sometimes it's a lot more obvious, but it's never a big ugly issue. This is some nice tech and shader they have (and I assume they redraw over some stuff when needed, like King's head).
Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 04:40:32 am by Byakko
#21  August 23, 2022, 08:58:58 pm
#22  August 23, 2022, 09:10:43 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES

It looks cool but I don't like it :omg:

They need to delete the Netflix series like they did with Tekken Revolution :fuuu:
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#23  August 23, 2022, 09:27:26 pm
Lol, as a Nina main (well, one of) Xiao defeating her was a joke.

This, 100%

It's ridiculous, a cold amnesia assassin gets defeated by a high schooler.
Also points down for NOT taking off the interviewer in T7 Story Mode, where was she anyway?

The more i think about the series i watched, it was a mix bag.
Sure, not a masterpiece what i saw. But it's been told like the video game storyline with some changes.

From what i see, i think Harada was more focusing on the fighting scenes than the storyline.
#24  August 24, 2022, 12:12:35 am
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
She's an assassin. How much actual hand to hand combat does she do & how often would her target have comparable skill? The brief stuff we get in regards to lore shows her often snaking Anna(or being snaked) or she's outright shooting something at someone.
#25  August 24, 2022, 06:56:52 am
Got through the episodes.  I will say that the fighting scenes were very well done so kudos to those top Tekken players with giving feedback on how the characters must perform.  Out of all the adaptations, this has the best fights.

If I were to decide between this and the 90s OVA, I would give a slight edge to the OVA because it at least made an attempt to stick with the source instead of being cutesy and adding whatever they feel like.  There is no Shin Kamiya, no Miss Miura, and no Tekken City involved in the OVA.

I find it funny that both Kazuya in the OVA and Jin here both used the same attack to end their last battle.

Also why Peru? Didn't the battle took place at an aztec temple or something?

Overall, seeing a coherent Tekken adapation still remains a pipedream and I am convinced it will never happen.
#26  August 26, 2022, 04:11:46 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
it's a regular 3D not bad or good, although it's really sad how good was the art style of Street Fighter 2 animated movie, and new animated movies take 3D instead.