Started by ELECTR0, February 10, 2021, 11:49:37 pm
Share this topic:
Classic VS (Alpha_1A)
#1  February 10, 2021, 11:49:37 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
Full game that runs widescreen 720P on Mugen 1.1. This game uses older character art, but gameplay has been altered to play similar to Capcom's VS series. All characters have a 6 button layout. Hit start to see the characters move list. More characters/stages will be added in future updates.

Link : https://electroslair.blogspot.com/

Re: Classic VS (Alpha_1A)
#2  February 11, 2021, 12:44:28 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Hype!!
By knowing how polished are your characters and how fun are the new moves, I can just be hyped!
Also, you have great use of BG interaction, so it's always great to see it in a full game.

Thnaks for sharing your Alpha!
#3  February 11, 2021, 12:52:03 am
whoa.. Fatalities!
Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 12:59:56 am by BeastwithFriends
#4  February 11, 2021, 02:25:49 am
  • I must continue my training...
I've got all your chars. But now I get to use them in a full game at their full potential.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#5  February 11, 2021, 02:38:00 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Wow, amazing! Thanks for sharing this great stuff bro.
#6  February 11, 2021, 12:08:21 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
@Nedflandeurse: I don't know how polished the characters are, but I do at least try to make them fun.

@BeastwithFriends: There are a few secret finishers in the game. One day I might write up how to do them all, but for now I'll let people discover them on their own.

@Vegaz_Parrelli: Yeah it's pretty cool finally seeing them all packaged into one game. When you start these projects you never think you'll actually get to a release day, so it's cool when it happens.

@【MFG】gui0007 : Thanks!

#7  February 11, 2021, 05:10:09 pm
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
hell yes. I've been waiting on a full game of sorts since you released that interactive mugen pack a few years ago. about to test this out right now
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#8  February 11, 2021, 06:04:14 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Looks fantastic! in fact, I love the old classic SFII artwork not to mention gameplay.
#9  February 14, 2021, 12:40:29 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
So far this is already amazing and extremely well designed. Is this actually built on Mugen 1.0 though? I ask because I use a controller to play Mugen, and in 1.0 and up you can use the Dpad for directions, but on Winmugen you can't. In this game, I can't use the Dpad which makes me think it is actually a winmugen game. Would it be possible to enable the Dpad? It just feels awkward playing a fighting game with a joystick or keyboard, at least for me.
#10  February 14, 2021, 05:51:22 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
So far this is already amazing and extremely well designed. Is this actually built on Mugen 1.0 though? I ask because I use a controller to play Mugen, and in 1.0 and up you can use the Dpad for directions, but on Winmugen you can't. In this game, I can't use the Dpad which makes me think it is actually a winmugen game. Would it be possible to enable the Dpad? It just feels awkward playing a fighting game with a joystick or keyboard, at least for me.

Its exclusively for Mugen 1.1
#11  February 14, 2021, 07:51:36 pm
    • USA
Huh, that's weird cause the dpad has always worked in M1.1. I wonder if Mugen Hook is causing it not to not work properly. Either way, it's not a big deal. I just figured I'd mention it in the chance there was a quick way to resolve it. I can still use the joystick which is fine.
#12  February 14, 2021, 08:24:04 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Is Ryu's cr. HP supposed to be super jump cancellable on the first hit? First hit doesn't knock them up so I think that's pretty questionable utility.
#13  February 14, 2021, 08:58:43 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
@Toxic Masculinity: I'm assuming you tried to config your controller but the D Pad still wouldn't respond, so try deleting the ddraw.dll & other mugen hooked stuff & see if it fix's the problem. Deleting those shouldn't hurt running the game.

@Umezono: I'll get that fixed on Ryu, Ken & Ray.

#14  February 16, 2021, 06:03:09 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
SOOO COMPLETE! And... it's still a beta... i am amazed by your work again, old friend, the hype is alive, thanks, i'll check if there's bugs of something.
#15  February 16, 2021, 06:55:13 am
    • USA
I'm assuming you tried to config your controller but the D Pad still wouldn't respond, so try deleting the ddraw.dll & other mugen hooked stuff & see if it fix's the problem. Deleting those shouldn't hurt running the game.[/color]

I tried what you suggested and removed all the MugenHook stuff as well as ddraw.dll, and the result was the same. I then redownloaded a fresh copy of the game and removed all that same stuff prior to running it for the first time so no mugenhook stuff would install/configure, and again, the result is the same. Up and down work on the Dpad, but left and right act like attack buttons, but for P2 and not P1. I'm not sure what's going on, or why this is different than any other mugen game, but it simply can't be played with a Dpad unfortunately. All good though, it is what it is. I just wanted you to know what happened as a result of what you suggested. I'm kind of glad it doesn't seem to be caused by MugenHook though, because those features are something that got me really excited to play this game.
#16  September 26, 2021, 01:12:21 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
The game has had a small update to include Jumbo Flapjack & removed Mugen hooked.
#17  September 27, 2021, 05:02:41 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Thank you for the update! I really enjoy playing this fullgame, even tho, I saw you were going to cancel it, I just hope you come back sometime later and keep working on it cause' it is great, cheers.