YesNoOk

Stage static help (Read 4740 times)

Started by copticprincess, June 14, 2020, 04:30:12 am
Share this topic:
Stage static help
#1  June 14, 2020, 04:30:12 am
    • USA
My stage looks fine but it's the sky. The sky looping is ok, it's just that you can see the looping clearly... Idk how to go about making the sky static. I tried isolating the sky from the image and adding it to FF as a separate sprite, but it didn't overlap the sky. Any help would be appreciated!

You can't see the loop very well but it's there and though I like the sky animated, the jerk when it repeats doesn't look good. Here are the videos:

Re: Stage static help
#2  June 14, 2020, 05:33:19 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
It's not easy to see it in the video so it's hard to pin point what's wrong exactly with the constant fighting going on. You could drop the stage link here if you like, to test. If it's a side scrolling sky then reducing the velocity and having a long (horizontally) sprite helps. To get it to loop correctly, you generally need to make sure the first instance of animation and the last coincide perfectly so you don't get that break in the loop.
#3  June 14, 2020, 05:55:54 am
    • USA
Thanks for replying i'll upload the files to mediafire.

Edit: My mediafire keeps giving me an error for some reason idk whats wrong with it........ I guess i'll try 4shared then....

Edit2: Here's what it looks like in FF with onionskin checked. (4shared is uploading so slow....)

I have it aligned.

Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 07:20:16 am by copticprincess
#4  June 27, 2020, 03:22:17 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
the alignment isn't the problem. It's the loop, like you said. You need to watch the loop in FF3 and see why it POPS. Watch each frame and see which one should be the last frame to smoothly go back to the first.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv