YesNoOk

Statistical data on Mugen (Read 3472 times)

Started by Youshimitsu, June 18, 2020, 02:00:11 am
Share this topic:
Statistical data on Mugen
#1  June 18, 2020, 02:00:11 am
    • Australia
General inquiry. Wondering if there is any authoritative way to track the popularity of mugen so as to tell whether the platform is losing traction or gaining traction. Is there anyone who keeps track of stats like these?
Re: Statistical data on Mugen
#2  June 18, 2020, 02:07:00 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 I think I mentioned this before, but statistical data is pretty worthless without context behind it. For example, I remember a certain infamous MUGEN author tried to claim the engine is losing relevancy On YouTube because its popularity dropped into a significantly lower percentage compared to how it was over a decade ago. The fallacy with that idea is this doesn't account for the fact YT is continuously growing at an exponential rate, so, eventually, you'd need to be lucky or gifted to even be remotely popular on YT anymore whereas when YT started out small, any average joe with moderate recording skills could get popular.

This is not getting into the fact that platforms like Discord as well as to community forums lesser extent carried MUGEN's attention elsewhere.
#3  June 19, 2020, 06:49:02 am
    • Australia
Interesting insight. That could possibly be the case. I suppose it is not as easy as it seems as we need to keep track of many variables when asking this question.
#4  June 25, 2020, 12:01:10 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Thread was created by a stupid kid thats been making alt accounts as a gimmick. Locked.