YesNoOk

NoZ's Legacy Custom Portrait Thread (Read 1658813 times)

Started by Saikoro, August 31, 2013, 07:27:29 pm
Share this topic:
Re: NoZ's Legacy Custom Portrait Thread
#3061  December 27, 2022, 04:06:07 am
    • Japan
#3062  January 18, 2023, 09:00:37 pm
I'm back, with what would normally be another 30 pack but that won't be the case this time.

As I am now on my 4th portrait pack, all of them 30 sized, anything more than one last 30 wouldn't fit in the big non custom 120 character limit. Unfortunately, as I have to start going to less popular characters, finding high quality versions of those less popular characters gets tougher. So I made a mistake where I made a set of portraits for a character before testing it! Oops! So this pack actually has is a 31 set instead of the normal 30 thanks to a broken Duck King.

This set is a kind of hodge-podge roundup of the Street Fighter, KOF and MvC portraits I've done so far. Added some more Darkstalkers and even the last MUGEN custom character as well. Quite happy overall with how this set turned out considering how hard some of them were to make. The 31 characters in this pack this time are: Anakaris, Balrog, Billy, Chang, Chin, Chizuru, Dormammu, Dr. Doom, Duck King, Eagle, Electro, Ibuki, J. Talbain, Juggernaut, Juri, K' (K Dash), Kung Fu Girl, Lilith, Makoto, Maxima, Ralf, Rose, Sandman, Shingo, Takuma, Vanessa, Yamazaki, Yang, Yashiro, Yun, and Zero.

Like before all 31 characters come with a full set of Small, Big, Vs_Win, Lifebar, and Teams Portraits including the Templates for the Big's Vs_Win's, and Lifebars incase you want to change names to their Japanese ones(Balrog/Bison), or want to change the font size to NoZ default on the Vs_Win's. There are also 41 Menu Arts in this pack including re-making some of my old crappy ones in Ash and Chun-Li. I also made some new Menu Arts for older characters for: Ash, Blue Mary, Cody, Ryu, and Sean. I even made two Menu Arts of my own in one of the Ryu's and Kung Fu Girl. They're trash, because I don't have an artistic bone in my body, but they're the best I can do.

Here are the preview pictures: https://imgur.com/a/3gwuwft

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/mcgj846qm3siigw/Legacy_Portrait_Pack_4.rar/file

So normally, that'd be it. I've made 121 portrait sets, with no more spaces for characters, but I'm not really all that close to being done. I still want to switch to the Big Custom select screen which means my next pack is only going to be 20 characters big. That pack will be filled with a lot more random characters and leftovers from the big fighting games. After that, I want to make a Boss and Mid-Boss pack. Then finally I want to go back and redo my first pack. Looking back, I'm not really happy with just how lazy I was in using other peoples contributions as often as I did. For example I didn't copy a single portrait in the past two packs, but that's not the case in my first pack. I'm also not happy with how they turned out in a general sense. I hadn't really found "my look" yet. I also need to learn how to implement the custom stage select arts. I know how to make them(I think), but I have no idea how to slot them into the game. Is there a tutorial out there for this? I also still don't know how to make and slot in new "Press Start" art. Still asking if anyone has a tutorial for that as well?
#3063  June 08, 2023, 07:59:18 am
Been gone for a long while and sadly no one else has added anything to this for as long as I've been gone. I guess it should be expected, Legacy Custom is almost a decade old, for a game that's over two decades old. Oh well.

I started to work on this 5th set almost right after I finished the 4th one, but afterwords I got extremely sick and was shut down for over a month. After I got back to some level of health I just stopped working on these and didn't come back for another couple of months. Finally came back around to it and finished this set off.

This is my 5th set, and it's a 20 set this time. The reason being this is the set that gets added to when you switch from the "Big Roster" version to the "Big Roster Custom" version. Still haven't decided which version I will ultimately end up using myself when I finish this whole project up as some characters I've made Portraits for are of much lesser quality than others. Regardless of which I end up on, the set is finished and so it is time to share.  Went with a lot of similar characters to each other alongside a big group of DBZ characters as well. The 20 characters in this set are: Batman, Beerus, Broly, Cloud, Dudley, Duo Lon, Frieza, Genjuro, Goku(SSJ only), Haohmaru, Jin Kazama, Kazuya, Krillin, Nakoruru, Piccolo, Raiden(Fatal Fury), Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Superman, and Vegeta(SSJ only).

As always, all 20 characters come with a full set of Small, Big, Vs_Win, Lifebar, and Teams Portraits including the Templates for the Big's Vs_Win's, and Lifebars incase you want to change names to their Japanese ones(Beerus/Bills), or want to change the font size to NoZ default on the Vs_Win's. There are also 18 Menu Arts and finally no remakes of old Menu Arts this time.

Here are the preview pictures: https://imgur.com/a/UebR40w

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/gga1m2rq8uno5vk/Legacy_Portrait_Pack_5.rar/file

So that's it for pickable character slots. 140 + 1 Portrait sets done. I'm still not finished though. It's on to making Boss and Mid-Boss Portraits now. I'm not sure how many of those I'll use, but it shouldn't be many, so it shouldn't take too long.

Also, I still don't know how to change the "Press Start" art. If anyone that comes by this post knows how to do this, please let me know how. Would like to make some for my packs, as I'm still using all the default ones. I'm not going to be making any Portraits for "Regna the Bloodedge" so I don't want him showing up there.
#3064  June 20, 2023, 04:30:08 pm
  • Geese 2.0: You Can (Not) Reppuken
    • Canada
I'm currently creating a portrait for Angel and applied it towards the BIG portrait and it came out like this

Am I doing something wrong?

I had the exact same problem but now I know how to fix it, basically you just have to make a another copy of the image and then index it, add the indexed version of the portrait and then change it to the non indexed png version of the image and then save it, and then it should look fine.
#3065  June 29, 2023, 02:08:20 pm
    • Brazil
Hello friends. I'm reviving this thread to ask for a huge help. I've been making my games in Mugen and saving my portraits in PCX. However, I would like to use them in PNG. The saved image looks great in quality (I use multiple colors and effects). But inside the game the portrait is blurred and with loss of quality. Where would my mistake be?
#3066  July 07, 2023, 04:33:32 pm
    • Japan
Hello friends. I'm reviving this thread to ask for a huge help. I've been making my games in Mugen and saving my portraits in PCX. However, I would like to use them in PNG. The saved image looks great in quality (I use multiple colors and effects). But inside the game the portrait is blurred and with loss of quality. Where would my mistake be?

Hi :)
Can you send me your PNG file?