YesNoOk

Princess Daisy HD first version (Read 13257 times)

Started by ErnestoGP, January 04, 2011, 01:27:10 am
Share this topic:
Princess Daisy HD first version
#1  January 04, 2011, 01:27:10 am
finally, after a full year (half of which was spent procrastinating on this project. XP) I finally managed to recreate my old Daisy Creation from a long while back. :)

This char has an entirely different approach when it comes to fighting style. and by that I mean it plays more like Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter Alpha 3 then it does Marvel VS Capcom. (if any MvC material is left in this. XP) because, lets face it, there are too many MvC style chars out there, and I wanted to try a style that is slightly harder to program right.  ;)

oh, and setting the screen to HD (960X720) reveals the full quality of the sprites.  ;D
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/ErnestoGP/mugen003.png

:::::DOWNLOAD::::::
http://www.This link no longer works, sorry/?d=Y01IYNTB
now keep in mind that this is merely the first version of the char. from experience, I know that improvements WILL follow. :D so if you see any glitches or things of the sort, make sure to contact me about it.  :P
Re: Princess Daisy HD first version
#2  January 04, 2011, 01:30:48 am
  • "Omae wa mou shindeiru"
    • m0gl13.webs.com/mugen.htm
cropped screenshots... how clever
#3  January 04, 2011, 01:38:44 am
#4  January 04, 2011, 05:10:58 am
    • www.youtube.com/user/PersonDude
- The small portrait is pixelated.
- If the opponent is hit by or blocks HP Flower Power and you try to do any version of Flower Power right afterward, the flower won't come out. No matter how many times you do it, the flower won't come out until after a couple of seconds have passed.
- MP and HP Flower Strike leave Daisy pretty open no matter what you do, even if it hits successfully. Maybe make it so those two versions knock the opponent down when they hit? If that was intentional, then nevermind. :-X
- Using Flower Strike right before Daisy lands from jumping yields this:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
You can make more than one, and they still do damage if you walk into them. They stay there until you do another proper Flower Strike.

- The last hit of her level 2 Home Run super misses on Kung Fu Man.
- All three versions of Crystal Smash give power back to Daisy.
- " ?!? " gives power back to Daisy.
- I would suggest changing Gold Mode so any moves done while in that mode don't give Daisy any power. As it is right now, if you're fast enough, you can get back up to nearly three full powerbars in Gold Mode, allowing you to do it all over again.

I never played with your older Daisy, but this one plays quite nicely. :)
I like the new gameplay style you chose for her. The only thing I can really comment on is the lack of sports-style moves. A volleyball-style strike, a homerun slide, a soccer goalie-type counter, a ranbu-style super where she does a bunch of sports attacks...there's a lot of things you can do, but I'm well aware that you'd have to draw up a shitload more sprites for them, so it's all good.

~Legendary training~

Zck

#5  January 08, 2011, 06:32:03 pm

That blur is badly done and is not necessary.

She is also too quiet.
First I was just a leech, then I edited the stuff I leeched, now I made something and contributed it.

Cool.
#6  January 22, 2011, 06:17:20 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
holy crap, i'm afraid she's gonna break my mushroom kingdom in that picture.

well if anything i love how you redid the sprites.

but something about her looks..annoying (not your character just the way you drew her) obnoxious?
never the less good character, just fix the previously mentioned errors.
#7  January 22, 2011, 10:46:38 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Never saw this char b4...
And yeah she does look weird, kinda chubby to me