YesNoOk

Sagat and Sentinel - Xmen vs Street Fighter in K_Style by K99 (Read 73779 times)

Started by kenshiro99, December 31, 2022, 10:13:24 pm
Share this topic:
Sagat and Sentinel - Xmen vs Street Fighter in K_Style by K99
#1  December 31, 2022, 10:13:24 pm
    • Brazil

Hello everybody
I bring my newest works, Sagat and Sentinel in a style that I named K_Style. Sagat seems to be quite heavy, but he has powerful and fast blows, in addition to being a good character to press from a distance. Sentinel has an arsenal of weapons and robots capable of giving a headache to anyone who dares to challenge it, having much of its known version in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

K_Style is still the consecrated MVC style of this franchise and that is mine favorite, but with some particularities that make the gameplay more fun, such as EX attacks and the distribution of buttons, used in the latest styles, such as MVCI.

In the link, Uupdates for all characters, with bug fixes and some minor gameplay changes.

I hope you have fun

Happy New Year to all friends of the mugen and fighting games community.

CREDITS

Original Character

Ryu - DG
Cyclops - KAZ and Sunboy
Chun-li - Conversion World - J.Lee
Wolverine - Sanders9111
Sagat - M206
Sentinel - OnslaughtX

Sagat and Sentinel's First Review

AVPBOY6754 - SPiderYouth13

Musics
Street Fighter Alpha 2 Sagat Theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=572DMW9B6xE

Xmen Cota Sentinel Theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98VJxvIa9Wo

SpeedLines by GreenPedia
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenPediaScreen

Re: Sagat and Sentinel - Xmen vs Street Fighter in K_Style by K99
#2  December 31, 2022, 11:57:59 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Decent attempt at spicing up the MvC formula. Sorta reminds me of Capcom vs the World with the EXs and the separate button for Supers and Launchers.
My only real gripe is that there's no unique Superpause FX for Level 3s. I know that's a common thing in VS games, but I think it would be a good thing to change for distinction purposes.

Is it okay that I critique each character outside of these two so I don't have to necro?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#3  January 01, 2023, 09:16:36 am
the extra stuffs that you gave sentinel is pretty cool, love it  :truestory:

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#4  January 01, 2023, 03:55:45 pm
  • "I'm Bal... I'm Veg...*Sigh* Just call me 'Claw'."
I am always fond of anything that has to do with 'X-Men vs Street Fighter'.  :o

Thank you for your work!  :bjugoi:
"Remember kids; Curiosity created MUGEN!"

Check Out Cammy-Delta-Red-Development HERE
#5  January 01, 2023, 05:50:53 pm
I thought you were retiring. Glad to see you still pushing out stuff
#6  January 03, 2023, 06:00:32 pm
    • Brazil
Decent attempt at spicing up the MvC formula. Sorta reminds me of Capcom vs the World with the EXs and the separate button for Supers and Launchers.
My only real gripe is that there's no unique Superpause FX for Level 3s. I know that's a common thing in VS games, but I think it would be a good thing to change for distinction purposes.

Is it okay that I critique each character outside of these two so I don't have to necro?

No problem. I would like to know what you think about it. Thanks
#7  January 14, 2023, 11:30:54 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
I'm happy to see some updates coming, but I noticed that Chun-Li still has the same issue with her level 3 super. I figured out this problem only happens on stages without high jump.

Here's a video showcasing this. I think if you're going to code a cinematic super like this, you should have it so the final kick always happens on screen. The super background appearing at this point should help keep it from looking awkward.
#8  January 18, 2023, 06:21:43 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
To be honest I hadn't tried your characters until now because I'm rarely fond of edits, but it seems like they are completely different from the base characters. They're pretty fun actually.

Here's some feedback for Sentinel (some of which may apply to everyone):

- Not important, but I think you should use "K" or something else to identify the chars rather than XvSF, since they're not meant to be accurate to that game
- Since the char lost the super armor and it's a huge target, I think it could have above average health
- I think you should resize the characters horizontally. Sentinel in particular takes up a lot of screen space
- The standing Clsn2 could be slightly bigger. It also does not reach the ground
- Walking Clsn2 should be the same as standing. Actually you may be interested in this thread: https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/the-greatest-hits-character-feedback-99092.0.html
- Overall the Clsn2 are not too bad, but the Clsn1 tend to be way too dominating
- The standing Z attack has a massive hitbox and invincibility. What's the drawback?
- You're basing damage values around Kung Fu Man, it seems. I think normal attack damage should be higher
- Attack pushback is also very low. It's especially noticeable with a character as massive as this
- I think the dash and super jump shortcuts could be mapped to the unused C button
- Its height could be a bit higher than 60. Just not so high that chars can't jump over it
- Head and mid positions are wrong
- Pushblock is a great mechanic in games with assists but it's a bit too good here. Just food for thought
- Changing the friction constants makes the character behave differently than expected when P2 hits them. If you want custom friction it's better to use physics = N and Velmul
- Air normals make the char automatically face the opponent (mixed feelings about that one) but specials don't. Should be consistent
- The EX startup effect is often poorly centered with the character
- Rocket Arm is a bit dull as a name
- Rocket Arm explosion Clsn1 are massive. Guess I'm repeating myself here
- All 3 Sentinel Force mini sentinels still come out if Sentinel is hit out of the move at the right time, even though they haven't appeared yet
- Mini sentinel Clsn1 and Clsn2 seem backwards
- Human Catapult should be called Mutant Catapult instead, hehe
- Rocket Punch creates debug flood
- Plasma Storm effects are too solid in my opinion
- When Plasma Storm hits, the helper briefly changes sprpriority. You should use the P1sprpriority parameter in the Hitdefs
- You can cancel standing HK into HP, but not crouching
- Maybe standing HP shouldn't deal chip damage since it's a normal attack
- I saw someone else point out that the damage scaling can be a bit erratic

That's it for now. If I were to pick the biggest issue with the char, it'd probably be the Clsn1.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#9  January 18, 2023, 08:05:55 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Sagat has an infinite and generally throughout all the characters the dampener kicks in hard if you even think of doing a normal into a super most of the time. It shows really badly if cancel into a level 3 super (though sentinel seems to be a bit of an exception to this)
#10  January 18, 2023, 08:10:07 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Forward moving normals and chain combos are a really dangerous combination. Especially with low pushback such as this.

Also in that video you can see that P2 recovers before Sagat after the Level 3.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#11  February 02, 2023, 12:56:48 am
  • Kubikiri Basara
  • WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"
    • Brazil
    • Skype - viniciustda13
    • shinobiwars.blogspot.com/
The character is very well presented my friend I loved the sentinel returning to active succession to your projects friend keep it up
Spoiler: Kubikiri Basara (click to see content)