YesNoOk

The Black Heart characters updated (Read 77295 times)

Started by Borghi, February 06, 2023, 08:51:37 pm
Share this topic:
The Black Heart characters updated
#1  February 06, 2023, 08:51:37 pm
  • Happy release for you all!
    • Argentina
    • www.andresborghi.com.ar
Hi! I updated my chars from their latest The Black Heart versions to regular mugen/ikemen. My pal POTS agreed to host them in his site, so you can get them all there.

They are:
-Shar-makai
-Peketo
-Hashi
-Ananzi
-Noroko
-Animus
-Final
-Janos (never released for regular mugen)

https://network.mugenguild.com/pots/

I also included Bubblum from Bubble bobble cause the was the one outside of The Black Hart that I liked the most.
And Gustavo is there too (he is in The Black Heart as a joke chracter to be unlocked)

Happy release to everyone!

Little John from the big castle, plays with little friend,
snip! snip! snip! off goes his head, bright red! bright red!
Re: The Black Heart characters updated
#2  February 06, 2023, 10:27:52 pm
    • Brazil
I wish you made a sequel to this game, it's one of MUGEN's most iconic original games. Also, can't wait to try a Janos that works properly, someone had patched him from the IKEMEN version and that version had some bugs.
#3  February 06, 2023, 10:43:15 pm
  • Jesus died for our sins... one more won't hurt
    • Spain
A neat surprise If I saw one.
Plan to release the stages for 1.1/Ikemen as well?
#4  February 06, 2023, 11:05:25 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
Pots, forgive me if I am blind, but where exactly on your site are his updated works?
#5  February 06, 2023, 11:17:30 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#6  February 06, 2023, 11:31:57 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#7  February 07, 2023, 01:07:03 am
    • Argentina
thanks yall!
I kinda forgot about the stages. I'll talk to pots to see if we put them there too.

I wish you made a sequel to this game, it's one of MUGEN's most iconic original games. Also, can't wait to try a Janos that works properly, someone had patched him from the IKEMEN version and that version had some bugs.

There won't be a sequel, but i'll leave you the teaser trailer for my new game. not mugen related so hope i'm not breaking any rules. but anyway:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MQKCLvjtgU

#8  February 07, 2023, 05:56:58 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
It is very nice to see a Black Heart official update today, thank you Borghi. Thank you for the Bubblun update as well, poor Maxine.
#9  February 07, 2023, 08:44:21 pm
after all these years, janos is finally playable
on this topic, shar-makai still has a very old bug with his QCB + P where the opponent is stuck on a hurt state, this happens with non-black heart characters
#10  February 07, 2023, 11:31:55 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
#11  February 08, 2023, 12:08:43 am
  • Was it something I said?
Yeah I assumed that, when I click that link it takes me to his site, I see his OG characters, his misc. stuff, and Reu's hosted stuff ... no black heart stuff ...

Click on the Hosted button.
#12  February 08, 2023, 09:35:44 am
  • PANTERA: VULGAR DISPLAY OF POWER
  • business as usual
    • New Zealand
For one: I'm **immensely** surprised and happy that the Black Heart characters of yore have gotten their polished up version from the full-game converted into regular MUGEN 1.0/1.1
for *two* on the other hand: Speaking of that polished I've noticed a coding error when it comes to Peketo's fatal attack, it works fine on characters that use the proper anim for the decapitation, but *doesn't* on a character that has no such anim as shown in the following clips
(turned on Debug mode just in case)
https://streamable.com/vclgom
https://streamable.com/4vbsdg

Hope this can be rectified without issue
-8i98oy

P.S: To Borghi himself, I'm wishing you the best of luck on the development of your new survival horror game!
"I'm the only genius in the whole fucking business." - Director of the cinematic adaptation of Postal
#13  February 08, 2023, 10:43:05 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
General:
-All attacks when the opponent blocks them sometimes causes the guard sound from the fightfx not to play.
-For some reason when playing as them on P2 side, they can't perform their crouching light punches if you are holding forward while crouching.

Animus:
-Intro 192 causes an invalid palfx color value debug error.
-His light and strong punches can cause M.U.G.E.N to crash as certain frames have no hitboxes and are attempting to generate random ones.

Ananzi:
-She can't perform her crouching light punch if you are holding forward while crouching.
-Her strong kick can cause M.U.G.E.N to crash as certain frames have no hitboxes and are attempting to generate random ones.

Hashi:
-The super BG when he uses any of his supers do not cover the entire screen.

Noroko:
-Bloody End causes an illegal framegap for afterimage debug error.
-Her strong punch causes M.U.G.E.N to crash as certain frames have no hitboxes and are attempting to generate random ones.

Shar-Makai:
-The first hit of his crouching strong kick is standing blockable, but the rest of the hits aren't.

Final:
-His small portrait is laterally inverted and is facing the opposite direction.
-The strong ground shockwave when the opponent hits the ground from Annihilator Ray is layered incorrectly.

A suggestion, but you should bring the old portraits back as the alternative as the new small portraits do not share their sprite palettes or for those that prefer the old art style of the original versions. Although The Black Heart game doesn't use them in the lifebars, but it would be nice to have the option or adjust the new ones so they do.

Edit: Decided to test the other 3:

Gustavo:
-He is still a Winmugen character and not made for 1.0 in mind like the others.
-The gas has shadow and reflections on stages with reflected floors.

Janos:
-His black smoke and Black Blades Shred causes a flood of expression truncated to integer debug errors.
-Dark Puppet causes an illegal framegap for afterimage debug error.

Bubblum:
-He is still a Winmugen character and not made for 1.0 in mind like the others.
-His bubbles causes has no target with hid id 230 debug errors when the opponent escapes out of the bubble.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 11:12:21 am by ZolidSone
#14  February 08, 2023, 10:07:03 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
Yeah I assumed that, when I click that link it takes me to his site, I see his OG characters, his misc. stuff, and Reu's hosted stuff ... no black heart stuff ...

I'm really not trying to mess with anyone, I do n ot see a hosted button anywhere on the page, I've ctrl+f'ed looking for it ... I don't see it anywhere, I looked in the mediafire folders to .... I'm at a loss

disregRD, I WAS USING THE BRAVE BROWSER, AND FOR SOME REAWSON IT LOADS THE OLDER VERSION OF HIS SITE, THAT WAS MY ISSUE
#15  February 08, 2023, 10:45:54 pm
  • Some guy with nothing better to do in his life
  • Nothing should exist in MIDI
    • USA

I'm really not trying to mess with anyone, I do n ot see a hosted button anywhere on the page, I've ctrl+f'ed looking for it ... I don't see it anywhere, I looked in the mediafire folders to .... I'm at a loss

disregRD, I WAS USING THE BRAVE BROWSER, AND FOR SOME REAWSON IT LOADS THE OLDER VERSION OF HIS SITE, THAT WAS MY ISSUE

You sure you weren't using the Wayback Machine?

Don't think...obey
#16  February 08, 2023, 10:59:44 pm
    • Argentina
Thanks for the bug report.
I'm preparing the stages too, but those also have many bugs when taking them out of TBH.
it's kinda sad. I intended it to be a simple and quick task since I dion't have much time to spend on mugen anymore, but bugs keep appearing and appearing since I was never good at poslishing and I also lack some knowledge (some of those bugs i have no idea how to fix).
So, i don't know when I'll have the time to fix all that.

#17  February 09, 2023, 01:40:00 pm
Hello, do you plan on improbing AI? i wonder if they use their fatal moves in watchmode
#18  February 10, 2023, 12:00:23 am
    • Argentina
Hello, do you plan on improbing AI? i wonder if they use their fatal moves in watchmode

the Ai is the same as in the full game. it responds to the difficulty set in options. They are programmed to use the fatals, but the conditions are rarely given since they usually spend their bars earlier.
I won't improve the Ais. But anyone can make ai patches or whatever. I kinda hate those matches where the chars make perfect flashy combos all the fkin time like it's DBZ and they win in 3 seconds. But it's a free world.

Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 12:10:01 am by Borghi
#19  February 10, 2023, 06:45:13 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
What a great update and return.

Just thanks for the improvements.
Hopefully you have the desire, time and willingness to get involved in a new project.
#20  February 10, 2023, 07:24:23 pm
    • Brazil

Made a video with Janos to celebrate his release.