YesNoOk

Your dream MUGEN characters! (Read 103534 times)

Started by Ziltoid, October 03, 2020, 10:40:34 am
Share this topic:
Re: Your dream MUGEN characters!
#81  October 23, 2020, 09:03:54 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Having the whole CVS2 roster done by Mr.Infinite and the whole melty blood roster done by Sennou-Room. No offence to anybody who tries to imitate Infinite's work but I feel like the only ones that can do characters truly in this style is Infinite himself and Sennou-Room since their work feels more solid to me at least in my opinion.
Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 09:28:32 pm by Shadic12
#82  October 23, 2020, 10:51:33 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Oh shit. Well ... When I started messing around with mugen in 2009 I used to write wishlists in class on blank papers lol. I used to have a thousand wishes, but I'll try to pick out some.

Helena Douglass - Helena from Dead or Alive in CVS type of style, maybe DivineWolf style, really. Always enjoyed her fighting style, and I envisioned her smoothly to transition well. Those quick jab punches and Ling Xiaoyu-esque pose transitions would be interesting to be done well in Mugen.

Damnd/Trasher - First boss of Final Fight. Since most FF bosses has been made into mugen and the SF series in general I always had a soft spot for the bosses that never crossed over, and Damnd I feel is iconic enough and could be interessting. I envision the SFA or MVC type of sprites, and could be both styles gameplay vise if anything. I envision him being a true knockdown type of brawler.

James Bond - I have always loved the Bond franchise, and I find it incredible that there is not made a good Bond yet. Or at least a 2D Bond. Imagining all the gadgets from all the films to draw inspirations from. Hand to hand combats, and weapons. I don't care too much which Bond would have the face, but something here would be epic! If for any reason there should be "assist", why not add Oddjob's hat throw, Jaws brute strenght or some Baron Sembadi vodoo action?

Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#83  October 24, 2020, 09:20:24 pm
    • USA
Here is my dream MUGEN character list:

* Some more Kinnikuman Muscle Fight characters. The existing complete characters (Werewood's Kinnikuman, SUGIO's Brocken Jr., FUJY's Akuma Shogun and The Magic Toaster's Cubeman and Prisman) are all kinds of awesome with impressive moves and fun gameplay. Werewood planned to make more characters (Terryman, Robin Mask, Brockenman, Ashuraman, Buffaloman, Ramenman, Warsman, Meat-kun, and a Throne arc Kinnikuman), but he disappeared from the Earth before he could finish them. Imagine how hype a Neptuneman, Super Phoenix, True Akuma Shogun or a Strong the Budo character could be in Saltybet! Similarly, someone should make characters out of his Stroheim (HTTF styled with EOH voices) and Cobra sprite rips from the same game. (As well as a non-JUS Tsurugi Momotaro from Otokojuku, Maam from Dai no Daibouken (might need to wait until the new game comes out) and Taro Yamada)

* A proper, non-JUS, non-spriteswapped version of Narancia from JoJo. Every other member of Team Bucciaratti has been made except for him, which is kind of a glaring omission in my eyes. Either a Capcom HTTF styled character with inspiration from the PS2 Vento Aurou game and ASB, or a plain old ASB character like amarimano's recent characters would be fine in my book. Maybe the Torture Dance could work as a winpose or a Shun Goku Satsu-styled hyper combo?

* Similarly, a non-JUS, non-spriteswapped version of Gappy, aka Josuke Part 8 from JoJo. With amarimano's recent release of Jolyne, he's the only JoJo not available in MUGEN. His Soft and Wet Stand could make for a fun moveset. Maybe palletes 1-6 would be Josuke and palletes 7-12 would be Kira, complete with Killer Queen" (sprites taken from amarimano's Part 4 Kira)

* A CPS1 SF2 Balrog/Boxer based on his Hyper Fighting moveset. We only have a boss version from World Warrior and a SSF2T version out there. With KAZ's HSF2 Dhalsim out, he's the only character left without a CPS1 version available for MUGEN.

* You know what's crazy? Despite being one of the pinnacles of the Neo Geo fighting game library, we still don't have every character from Samurai Shodown 1 and 2 available in MUGEN. A more polished SS1 Haohmaru, Charlotte and Nakoruru (from both 1 and 2), a SS1 Hanzo, Jubei and Kyoshiro and a SS2 Ukyo would complete
the classic SamSho roster.

* Choujin-styled versions of these DBZ characters:
** Super Vegeta (Using the sprites from the arcade DBZ2)
** Gogeta (Using the Shin Butoden sprites)
** SSJ3 Goku (Using the Shin Butoden sprites)
** Kid Buu (Using the Ultimate Butoden sprites)
** Beerus (Using the Ultimate Butoden sprites)
** SSG Goku (Using either heavily edited DBZ arcade sprites or the Extreme Butoden sprites)
** Android 13 (Using the custom Butoden-esque sprites of Team OS)
** Tapion (Using the custom Butoden-esque sprites of Team OS)
** Pui Pui (Using the custom Butoden-esque sprites of Team OS)
** A Saibaman (Using the custom Butoden-esque sprites of Team OS)
** Chichi (Using ohgaki's spritework)
** Hit (Using the Extreme Butoden assist sprites as a base)
** Jiren (Using custom spritework)
** Kefla (Using chochuryu's sprites)
** Android 21 (Using chochuryu's sprites)
Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 02:41:47 am by Cavery210
#84  October 24, 2020, 09:46:58 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Here is my dream MUGEN character list:

* Some more Kinnikuman Muscle Fight characters. The existing complete characters (Werewood's Kinnikuman, SUGIO's Brocken Jr., FUJY's Akuma Shogun and The Magic Toaster's Cubeman and Prisman) are all kinds of awesome with impressive moves and fun gameplay. Werewood planned to make more characters (Terryman, Robin Mask, Brockenman, Ashuraman, Buffaloman, Ramenman, Warsman, Meat-kun, and a Throne arc Kinnikuman), but he disappeared from the Earth before he could finish them. Imagine how hype a Neptuneman, Super Phoenix or Strong the Budo character could be in Saltybet! Similarly, someone should make characters out of his Stroheim (HTTF styled with EOH voices) and Cobra sprite rips from the same game.

* A proper, non-JUS, non-spriteswapped version of Narancia from JoJo. Every other member of Team Bucciaratti has been made except for him, which is kind of a glaring omission in my eyes. Either a Capcom HTTF styled character with inspiration from the PS2 Vento Aurou game and ASB, or a plain old ASB character like amarimano's recent characters would be fine in my book. Maybe the Torture Dance could work as a winpose or a Shun Goku Satsu-styled hyper combo?

* Simularly, a non-JUS, non-spriteswapped version of Gappy, aka Josuke Part 8 from JoJo. With amarimano's recent release of Jolyne, he's the only JoJo not available in MUGEN.

* A CPS1 SF2 Balrog/Boxer based on his Hyper Fighting moveset. We only have a boss version from World Warrior and a SSF2T version out there. With KAZ's HSF2 Dhalsim out, he's the only character left without a CPS1 version available for mugen.

* Choujin-styled versions of these DBZ characters:
** Super Vegeta (Using the sprites from the arcade DBZ2)
** Gogeta (Using the Shin Butoden sprites)
** SSJ3 Goku (Using the Shin Butoden sprites)
** Kid Buu (Using the Ultimate Butoden sprites)
** Beerus (Using the Ultimate Butoden sprites)
** SSG Goku (Using either heavily edited DBZ arcade sprites or the Extreme Butoden sprites)
** Android 13 (Using the custom Butoden-esque sprites of Team OS)
** Tapion (Using the custom Butoden-esque sprites of Team OS)
** Pui Pui (Using the custom Butoden-esque sprites of Team OS)
** A Saibaman (Using the custom Butoden-esque sprites of Team OS)
** Chichi (Using ohgaki's spritework)
** Hit (Using the Extreme Butoden assist sprites as a base)
** Jiren (Using custom spritework)
** Kefla (Using chochuryu's sprites)
** Android 21 (Using chochuryu's sprites)

Pretty good! I'm pretty ok with these Choujin version characters ^^

also, about Boxer, you're right, perhaps it would not be that hard to downgrade the SSF2X version into SF2 version, then swapping sounds, old sprites etc.
#85  October 25, 2020, 07:57:01 pm
  • Your Average MFG Forum Member
  • As Seen on Youtube
    • Brazil
    • Skype - iago-moraes
    • www.youtube.com/user/yagoshi300

Homina Homina Homina
#86  October 25, 2020, 08:32:07 pm
    • USA
Sorry you not getting your FE Chars Yagoshi cause in this guild, we dont do that seises.

also non pots wise, i want tekken or soulcalibur chars that plays like a 2d ver of ther games.
#87  October 27, 2020, 07:24:20 pm
    • USA
Sorry you not getting your FE Chars Yagoshi cause in this guild, we dont do that seises.

also non pots wise, i want tekken or soulcalibur chars that plays like a 2d ver of ther games.

I agree on the latter. That would be an interesting turn. Maybe even for Dead or Alive, Virtua Fighter/Fighting Vipers/Last Bronx, or Bloody Roar. Not sure how you could translate games like Power Stone or War Gods, though.

Some ideas I had for Dreamfinder: Figment is an inseperable part of his moveset; used for many moves, much like Mamaha, Poppy, etc, including a mode where he actively copies Dreamfinder's moves for a Dark Force similar to Morrigan's. He would also have supers similar to Beat Plane and Rush Drill based around his vehicles and those of the ride. Maybe one like Jin's Blodia gun super, as well. I want to have the vanishing butterfly in his moveset in some form too, and maybe we can throw Nigel Channing in an intro.  Maybe elements of other early EPCOT attractions (Up to Mission: Space, which could be a level 3) added into his moves?

Another obscure one I want to see is Hildy from The 7D. For some reason, I really like the "domineering female+henpecked husband" team up deal. I could see a move akin to Finishing Shower being used, as well as other dark magic attacks. I would see Grim having 5 possible helper attacks players can make use of; 3 costing half a bar and 2 costing a full bar.
Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 02:11:11 am by Miru962
#88  October 28, 2020, 01:27:06 am
  • Perkish mergina. Lerka gamagina.
    • USA
If I had to choose one character, it would be a Mega Lucario for sure. We have a fuck ton of Lucarios and a half-decent Riolu. And I'm still a little flabbergasted no one has made Mega Lucario yet.
If this was Pakistan, you would've been selling soccer balls when you were 4 years old.
#89  November 01, 2020, 08:05:28 pm
  • Go and download my improved creations!
  • I AM ZIM!
    • UK
    • https://sites.google.com/site/wlanmanslab/home

Row 1:

• Ms. Fortune - Skullgirls
  • Ickis - Aaahh!! Real Monsters  (better version)
  • Izuku Midoriya - My Hero Academia
  • Jak and Daxter
  • Maka Albarn - Soul Eater

Row 2:
  • Katsuki Bakugo - My Hero Academia
  • Toon Link - Legend of Zelda
  • Jinx - OG Teen Titans
  • Vyvyan - The Young Ones (better version)
  • Nathan Drake - Uncharted

Row 3:

• Spyro the Dragon (with Sparkx) (better version)
  • Beetlejuice
  • Tiny Tiger - Crash Bandicoot (better version)
  • Wolf McDonnell - Star Fox
  • Momo Yaoyorozu - My Hero Academia
#90  November 07, 2020, 11:30:54 am
  • Non est hoc propter hoc sed propter est hoc
    • USA
    • doubletrend-zeta.neocities.org/
I would gladly give twenty years of my life up for Khn, Mr. X-File, or Jin to give me one more character
#91  March 29, 2021, 11:48:33 pm
    • USA
I now have a couple more Disney ideas now that I think about it.

Br'er Fox: His character style would be similar to Sodom from Punisher Warzone, and my previous Hildy Gloom idea; where he's reliant on Br'er Bear as a tag partner who could perform multiple tag team actions; using his club, snares, a body slam, a head charge attack, and even a grapple. Br'er Fox himself is a crafty but slow attacker somewhat akin to Ingrid or Cable; using his axe as a weapon to swing or fling at his enemy, and also using the beehive from Splash Mountain as a trap.  Perhaps Br'er Rabbit could be incorporated into a move similar to Jill Valentine's zombies? His level 3 would be a tag-team piledriver down Chickapin Hill into the briar patch for a brutal splash.  He gets stuck for a bit, leaving an opening for any enemy not finished off by it.

Namaari: Using her shortsword similar to Jeanne D'arc (World Heroes), she's able to perform crafty combos, alternating with more dirty fighting when at close range, with plenty of slaps and shoves. She also uses her crossbow for a projectile. One of her moves has her call on her raiders to attack with a powerful charge from afar, launching projectiles as they trample her foe.

Raya: And yeah, Raya herself would need to be added as a counterpart to Namaari. Raya is somewhat more principled, and less armed. She uses Tuk-Tuk to roll over her foes, with Tuk-Tuk being able to supply a Dark Force where he's perpetually rolling around, with players being able to move to trample their foe. Might be able to also use Boun as another partner, able to use axe attacks as well as a bear hug grapple.

Kida: Kida would use her staff similar to how characters like Gambit do, but is also able to use magic similar to that of Zelda. Some of Team Atlantis would also show up, for example Mole would be a good partner for her. Other moves have her use that fish bike from the movie.
#92  April 08, 2021, 08:19:49 pm
Getting more mecha fighters like Getter Robo would be sick as hell although I have no clue how it’d work
#93  April 10, 2021, 09:16:13 pm
  • Retro Fan
    • UK
I have, like, a million different dream characters honestly lol, but my most desired ones are kinda more about the concept of the character than the character itself. Like here's one I've thought about making for a while:

A magic fighter that charges spells and places them as staves on the field, which they can then use. It's kinda hard to explain so I'll describe it like this; MVC3 Dormammu, if he had more than 2 power charges, and he could put all his charges into a rod that he then placed on the field, like Litchi from BlazBlue. Then, he could use a special that activates the spell from the rod. So if you charged a small explosion, then placed it in the rod, your special would then cause the rod to produce the explosion where the rod was, then the rod would be used up.

Then you could expand the idea of how all the combinations of the spell charges work, and make the placement of the rod improtant to how the spell works. Like, maybe one spell produces an acid cloud that drains health, so having them placed on the opponent is extremely important. Or you have a spell where when you activate it, the character actually teleports to the position of the rod, so having the rod be placed behind the opponent can set up some nasty cross-up ideas.

I think the project would take ages, but allows space for tons of creativity. And let's face it, no triple A fighting game would make such a complicated character (it'd be a balancing hell), but I think it's the kind of idea that works perfectly for something as strange as MUGEN
www.youtube.com/user/grimedoctor - Where you can go for MUGEN character guides and updates on my projects. Check it out!

https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/wip-pink-ostrich-battle-circuit-192814.0.html - Go here for my current project, Pink Ostrich from Battle Circuit
#94  April 10, 2021, 09:35:39 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
There's a lot that I want but I'll list my 5 most wanted:

1. Wolf O'Donnell (Star Fox)
2. June Lin Milliam (Star Gladiator)
3. Incineroar (Pokemon)
4. Feraligatr (Pokemon)
5. Vision (Marvel)
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#95  April 15, 2021, 06:18:50 am
    • UK
Bayonetta. Bayonetta.
#96  April 15, 2021, 05:43:31 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
    • remixsparta.wix.com/mugensdawn
Bayonetta. Bayonetta.

I've seen some wicked looking CvS Bayonetta sprites that would look awesome as a full set. Maybe it could even be done in JtheSaltyy's CvS Reimagined style to be a fellow Smash-inspired character alongside Wario.

I've also thought of reviving the idea of Popee from Popee the Performer as a character. I should build my moveset ideas some more, maybe get a full sheet commissioned from that one sprite I did. Would be really fun.
Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 06:01:41 pm by Dawn de Era
#97  April 15, 2021, 07:46:35 pm
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public

Row 1:

• Ms. Fortune - Skullgirls
  • Ickis - Aaahh!! Real Monsters  (better version)
  • Izuku Midoriya - My Hero Academia
  • Jak and Daxter
  • Maka Albarn - Soul Eater

Row 2:
  • Katsuki Bakugo - My Hero Academia
  • Toon Link - Legend of Zelda
  • Jinx - OG Teen Titans
  • Vyvyan - The Young Ones (better version)
  • Nathan Drake - Uncharted

Row 3:

• Spyro the Dragon (with Sparkx) (better version)
  • Beetlejuice
  • Tiny Tiger - Crash Bandicoot (better version)
  • Wolf McDonnell - Star Fox
  • Momo Yaoyorozu - My Hero Academia

Lol Vivien, thats awesome.
#98  April 15, 2021, 07:53:43 pm
  • This looks like a job for... the Caped Avenger!
  • All-Out Gamer and Garfield fan
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/garfieldfan-mugen/home
There are a few I hope to make it in this thread of ideas, if anything:

• Dark Prince/Satan (Puyo Puyo): With the versions of Schezo and Draco that exist right now, I'm hoping that this goofball villian gets his time in the limelight and also hopefully not turn out like crap like the non-human characters. And hopefully not cheap like Feli is. *shudder*
  • Knives Chau (Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game): With hearing about how DLC existed when the game came back for modern consoles, I tried seeing if there were sprite rips availible to see if she could be made (Also because the Ramona that exists right now is total shit). Sadly, none at the moment, but I wish for her to be made when the sprites do get ripped, even if not right away. It'd be nice to see her striker moves be used, too.
  • RED (NES Godzilla Creepypasta): Okay, this one's a biiiit of a stretch since he already exists, but I'd like one that's actually like a boss, resembles a fighting game character in a way, and not overly cheap like the one that exists. Also, no final form, please...
Bayonetta. Bayonetta.

I am also all for this idea.
"Heh. The Garfield strip's funny today."
~Garfield

Sprites in avatar by Wlan Productions
#99  April 15, 2021, 08:52:15 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 I'd actually would love to tackle a Bayonetta project if sufficient amount of good sprites exist.
#100  April 15, 2021, 09:04:24 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Asura from Asura's Wrath with Balthazar sprites and R@CE AKIRA game play Style.