Started by -Whiplash-, April 18, 2014, 04:25:09 am
Share this topic:
MVC Ryo WIP
New #1  April 18, 2014, 04:25:09 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Hey guys, you guys probably don't know this, but I'm a really big fan of Ryo from Art of Fighting and King of Fighters. (albeit for the reason that he's a blatant rip-off of Ryu and I think he's funny, but still.)

Anyway, Since I'm Finally done with college for the summer I figured I kick off a few characters I wanted to make, so I decided to make my second Character be Ryo from Art of Fighting in my Favorite Style, Marvel vs. Capcom. I'm using my Thanos as a base with a few updates to Make it better, as well as playing some CVS2 to hopefully make him feel more authentic. I started working on him today

I'm using Warasuki's SFF file with different effects and some extra stuff, as well as his air with some tweaks to make him feel more at home in a VS. environment.

Now I have a favour guys, can someone help me make me MVC or Alpha in general style Ko'ou Ken and Haoh Shoukou Ken? It would be helpful. the effects I'm using right now are some KOF Effects  found on spriter's resource, and while I can sprite, I cannot for the life of me make effects.

Screenshots:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
What's Done:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I've got it planned so that both the charge and half-circle motions work for the Hien Shinpuu Kyaku Move, since I know some people don't like charge moves.
Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 01:21:21 am by -Whiplash-
Re: MVC Ryo WIP
#2  April 18, 2014, 04:30:24 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
If you want to use some of my coding I did on my Marco Rodriguez to do some of your stuff with him Whip you can. Can't wait to see what you come up with
Re: MVC Ryo WIP
#3  April 19, 2014, 05:18:35 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
I finished up Kohou, Ko'ou Ken and Hien Shipuu Kyaku today.

Tomorrow I'll probably finish up his specials, does anyone know any moves that Ryo had in KOF/AoF that he doesn't have in CVS, or have any ideas for Him? I'm open to them.

Also, does anyone know what custom state I need to make for a Vs. Character?

If you want to use some of my coding I did on my Marco Rodriguez to do some of your stuff with him Whip you can. Can't wait to see what you come up with

Cool man I'll take a look at it tonight and see if I can incorporate anything from him.