YesNoOk

Sabrewulf_Ki2 -update- (Read 14846 times)

Started by Mr. I, June 19, 2010, 07:56:00 am
Share this topic:
Sabrewulf_Ki2 -update-
#1  June 19, 2010, 07:56:00 am
    • Canada
I updated Sabrewulf of KI2 on June 22, 2010.

This update fixes many critical bugs and errors found by various people.
The fixes are as follows...

- Cropped .sff file
- Fixed 4 hit sabre spin - could link cancel after 2 hits instead of 4
- Fixed super linkers pushing back without knockdown
- Fixed manual doubles - they should work properly now as per the source.
- Fixed HP xx sabre wheel loop - must knockdown after 3 repetitions
- Fixed an illegal linker - you cannot do two super linkers in a row
- Combo breakers do not activate when crossed up - doesn't make sense
- Combo breakers now connect fully - juggle points issue previously
- You are given 20 ticks of invincibility after a successful tech attempt
- Wake up attacks will correctly facep2 instead of whiffing like a moron

The only unresolved issue is the one found by Serious Cacodemon where p2 falls through the floor during the Sabre stomp move.

This file is hosted thanks to Trinity Mugen

www.trinitymugen.net

Thank you everyone for your feedback given so far.

Spoiler: Screen Shots (click to see content)
The double-curse of Blue Beard Baboon lies in these words you see. Read them once, then read them twice and your island is history.
Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 06:57:25 am by Orbinaut
Re: Sabrewulf_Ki2
#2  June 19, 2010, 08:57:05 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
HAVE MY CHILDREN
#3  June 19, 2010, 11:03:29 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
LET ME HAVE GENDER RECONSTRUCTION SO I CAN HAVE YOUR CHILDREN, AND NO, YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT
#4  June 19, 2010, 12:03:19 pm
Such fond memories are flooding back. I truly wish I had a usb N64 controller right now.

Maybe it's just me, but he (and Jago) feel a little slower than I remember (compared to KI: Gold at least). Also, I noticed that Sabrewulf's double Sabre Wheel can cancel into a qp/qk autodoubles  before the second cartwheel comes out. There may be more, but I'll have to fire up the rom of KI2 later to refresh my memory of the original. Great work.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Edit: He seems to have trouble connecting some of his combo enders. Try three super linkers in a row without any autodoubles in-between and then try to end it with an combo ender. The combo ender will always miss some hits. I even had an occasion where a Super Sabre Spin missed some hits, but I can't be bothered at this hour to reproduce it.

*I tested these issues only against Jago.
Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 12:43:09 pm by Drex
#5  June 19, 2010, 12:54:44 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
One question is he ripped from the arcade version or the N64 KI64 ?
#6  June 19, 2010, 01:03:50 pm
Looking at the smooth animation in his ultimate combo finisher, it's definitely the arcade sprites. KI: gold had a lot of cut down animations.
#7  June 19, 2010, 01:07:00 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Looking at the smooth animation in his ultimate combo finisher, it's definitely the arcade sprites. KI: gold had a lot of cut down animations.

indeed it had, thanks for the hint ^^
#8  June 19, 2010, 05:29:04 pm
    • Canada
Maybe it's just me, but he (and Jago) feel a little slower than I remember (compared to KI: Gold at least).

I think N64 ran faster because of turbo mode. I followed arcade timings.

Also, I noticed that Sabrewulf's double Sabre Wheel can cancel into a qp/qk autodoubles  before the second cartwheel comes out.There may be more, but I'll have to fire up the rom of KI2 later to refresh my memory of the original.

OOPS...

Edit: He seems to have trouble connecting some of his combo enders. Try three super linkers in a row without any autodoubles in-between and then try to end it with an combo ender. The combo ender will always miss some hits. I even had an occasion where a Super Sabre Spin missed some hits, but I can't be bothered at this hour to reproduce it.

I reproduced it. Seems to be a cornerpush activation problem. Also upon further inspection, this will only affect super linkers ATM. Will fix...

Thank you.
The double-curse of Blue Beard Baboon lies in these words you see. Read them once, then read them twice and your island is history.
Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 05:33:58 pm by Orbinaut
#9  June 19, 2010, 06:18:03 pm
  • MUGEN THe DReam COme TRue
Congrats, looks a nice job, much better than Dr. Your Mom's sabrewulf
#10  June 19, 2010, 06:42:34 pm
  • Sexo con condon ?, haber comete un tamal con hoja.
    • Mexico
    • crampy-gc.blogspot.mx/
Best Sabrewulf ever, its really nice to have another of your creations at my collection  :sugoi:
#11  June 19, 2010, 10:11:04 pm
  • The Mugen DREAMER!!!
    • www.mugendream.com
I posted this in your other thread for tusk. It would be nice if u replied here.

Just a general question I'm about to ask all of the good KI creators. Is there a central location where you or anyone else, put all of your KI material. I'm thinking of adding a KI section to mugendream.com. I originally wanted to make some KI characters, but since i'm retired from creation I don't have the time. However. I would be happy to add create a central location for the KI lover to find out everything there is to be in KI mugen.

Also it would be nice of someone could update me on Who does the KI Characters these days. I know i've seen two or three creators. But Who else might there be?
I'm Basically Retired. Don't ask me to code or create anything, All my stuff is open source.\
mugendream.com
#12  June 19, 2010, 11:23:45 pm
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
wow! awesome saberwulf Obinaut!

combos are good (although he can't combo small chars though) and nice rework on the bat summon no mercy
#13  June 20, 2010, 12:44:39 am
  • Are you Serious?
I've encountered one bug so far:  Sometimes Sabrewulf's opponent goes THROUGH the floor during some moves, so far it's happened with the shockwave and No Mercy.
#14  June 20, 2010, 12:54:04 am
    • Canada
I've encountered one bug so far:  Sometimes Sabrewulf's opponent goes THROUGH the floor during some moves, so far it's happened with the shockwave and No Mercy.

Hmm...

The no mercy is intentional as i set it so that p2 will finish 10000 units underneath while p1 goes to his winpose

As for the shockwave, I used a carbon copy of scommon.cns fall states to have p2 go through the standard fall so that he goes immediately to dizzy. So far, I am unable to reproduce p2 going through the floor. Can you tell me what your situation was?
#15  June 20, 2010, 01:05:04 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
#16  June 20, 2010, 01:09:40 am
    • Canada
Never played much KI2, so I dunno what all I can find but I did see this:

KO opponent with c.HP in a corner and then hit them with s.MP. There's a huge cornerpush.

Cornerpushing was always excessive in Ki2. It also works a bit differently from other fighters as well as it does not deactivate until p1 is a certain distance away from p2. Any attack on an airborne p2 near the corner will produce the same effect both here and in the original source.
#17  June 20, 2010, 01:10:21 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Ah.
#18  June 20, 2010, 06:46:06 am
  • The Mugen DREAMER!!!
    • www.mugendream.com
I guess no one wants to reply to me.
I'm Basically Retired. Don't ask me to code or create anything, All my stuff is open source.\
mugendream.com
#19  June 20, 2010, 06:50:57 am
    • Canada
I posted this in your other thread for tusk. It would be nice if u replied here.

Just a general question I'm about to ask all of the good KI creators. Is there a central location where you or anyone else, put all of your KI material. I'm thinking of adding a KI section to mugendream.com. I originally wanted to make some KI characters, but since i'm retired from creation I don't have the time. However. I would be happy to add create a central location for the KI lover to find out everything there is to be in KI mugen.

Also it would be nice of someone could update me on Who does the KI Characters these days. I know i've seen two or three creators. But Who else might there be?

I dont think anyone is doing KI characters. The most recent ones released that are not by me are:

Glacius by The_None
KI Cinder by Flamekyo
Chaseallendiaz/Dr. Your Mom's Ki1 stuff (Sabrewulf, Combo, Jago)
#20  June 20, 2010, 03:18:38 pm
  • The Mugen DREAMER!!!
    • www.mugendream.com
I dont think anyone is doing KI characters. The most recent ones released that are not by me are:

Glacius by The_None
KI Cinder by Flamekyo
Chaseallendiaz/Dr. Your Mom's Ki1 stuff (Sabrewulf, Combo, Jago)

Well would you be interested in Letting me add you're stuff to a mugendream.com KI section?

mugendream.com