YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (Read 130261 times)

Started by spikeriley, March 29, 2008, 04:47:20 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
#61  April 18, 2008, 12:06:19 pm
  • PSN: Cloudius12
    • www.twitter.com/Cloudius12
Is it the first time they are using Unreal Engine 3?

lol almost everyone at the midway forums is pretty pissed off...
#62  April 18, 2008, 12:09:49 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
Yeah,its the first time they are using UE3.
#63  April 18, 2008, 12:12:20 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Come the fuck on guys. It's a fighting game. The storyline in a VS. game is the last thing on the list of reasons to play it. No one gave a fuck about Capcom's or SNK's VS games, why the fuck do we care now?

No one cares about the story. The last thing a crossover game needs is a canon-based story. It's the concept of the game that's what worries us.

Crossovers aren't so easy as putting two companies together. You have to make sure they actually fit with each other bec. if they don't then it's like putting water and oil together. They just don't mix.

It's rarely a common site for two very different companies to have crossovers and end up working perfectly (i.e Kingdom Hearts).
#64  April 18, 2008, 12:16:27 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I don't recall ever seeing such a negative reaction to a new game o_O, still haven't seen anyone go yay and all that.
Wonder if that'll have any impact on the developpers.

My post was more poking fun at people moaning that the lack of gore will detract from the game experience. I personally am anxiously awaiting to see how this turns out, especially since DC has a few dark characters that would fit perfectly in an MK-style game.
#65  April 18, 2008, 12:38:54 pm
I understand the point of this but, think about it. DB vs DC would be better in some ways. Most of the characters can fly. I wonder what they will do with that fly system for Superman and Batman. Still, it is just a dreammatch. Nothing to worry about.

#66  April 18, 2008, 01:39:57 pm
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!
This game looks like it'll suck balls.
#67  April 18, 2008, 02:14:52 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#68  April 18, 2008, 02:50:43 pm
This game is a must have :beamgoi:
#69  April 18, 2008, 04:05:17 pm
this has potential but the mortal kombat games have gotten worse and worse with the years so i hope this isn't like armaggedon with custom characters that look like dc superheroes :gonk:
#70  April 18, 2008, 05:35:36 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Mortal Kombat vs was going to get negative views anyway, mostly because mk sucks as of late.
#71  April 18, 2008, 06:35:03 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#72  April 18, 2008, 06:37:52 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
ANSWERS

........?
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#73  April 18, 2008, 06:57:11 pm
  • I am shadow
    • www.ninjawarriors.net
My guess is going to be... that its probably a DC game that Midway is publishing that will feature a few MK characters. kind of like how Raiden was a character in Unreal Championship 2.

Edit:
Scratch that, its apparently real. See Midway's forums.
Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 07:47:36 pm by Richard Lockard
#74  April 18, 2008, 07:23:31 pm
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
ok... MK Vs DC... MK vs DC... doesn't sound like something you would comment while playing MVC?

- this game is awesome... Capcom really had a great idea

- you bet... Would be better if they did it against MK tough

- BETTER IDEA! and if there was a MK VS DC!?!?!

- HEH! that would be sweet! the perfect competition to MVC!

After that, Red and Blue found MUGEN and lived happily ever after.  :P

anyway... my opinion is the same as others... DC characters don't fit the MK universe (at least not the High-profile ones, which will undoubtly be in the game). in fact, DC universe is the closest thing you would find of a total anti-thesis of the MK universe. in MK, the world is always at the verge of destruction, and the few ones who can do something always struggle to survive. in DC, the universe is protected and its inhabitants don't live with the apocalypse just a few minutes away.

however, this could not mean they don't work. Any comic book fan will Remember the LJA/Avengers crossovers. Remember how Superman was disgusted by the Marvel Universe? so, that is what we seeing here. Superman facing a world without him and that is, on the best of possibilities, surviving an endless tragedy.

if midway handles the game right, we might have one of the most epic fighting games ever produced. we are talking about the darkest nightmare of mankind (MK) facing its Brighest Dream (DC). theres is no shades of gray in here, as in Marvel and SF universes. this is it. Good VS Evil in its most pure form.

I'm anxious to see how this will turn out to be. can't wait to see Green lantern on the game.

however, i find it strange that MIDWAY is announcing this. a DC game this size would have to have Superman, and right now, DC have some legal struggle with the siegel family over the rights fot the character. word on the... internet is that both the JLA movie and the next Superman Movies are on hold due to this. and i don't think Midway or DC even consider leaving superman out of this.
#75  April 18, 2008, 08:06:30 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
DC main problem with their games is how silly the characters end up when presented in other mediuns, and how unrealistic it feels to adapt most of their powers.

Mk problem is how much they relied in silly gore.

Put them together and you have a non flattering approach to an already non flattering concept.

Also, warner was dumb enough to hire Bruce Timm to do a Death of superman animated movie and then demand that at no time should Superman skin be breached or shown blood.

Being an ancient company with more emphasis on the fable aspect of super heroes Dc should be relying on that silver age aspect to promote their characters, not trying to look mature and failing horribly.

Its like watching your grandpa trying to rap.
#76  April 18, 2008, 08:15:49 pm
#77  April 18, 2008, 08:27:16 pm
  • MFG's resident Cookie Monster
Well, WWF:  In Your House was to have some fatalities.  They got a few of them done until WWE (what they are now called) told Midway to stop adding those.

Lord, if MKP adds Batman or any other DC characters to their roster in the near future, he'd better have fatalties.

I ate Ed Boon's peabody.
#78  April 18, 2008, 08:30:39 pm
  • PSN: Cloudius12
    • www.twitter.com/Cloudius12
#79  April 18, 2008, 08:31:46 pm
#80  April 18, 2008, 08:33:47 pm
  • corner push pusher
Shang Tsung vs. Superman. No need to steal any more souls once he gets his