YesNoOk

Gameplay (Updated 3/16/21) (Read 5145 times)

Started by Sean Altly, January 25, 2021, 04:29:50 am
Share this topic:
Gameplay (Updated 3/16/21)
#1  January 25, 2021, 04:29:50 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
GAMEPLAY

The game will have a 4 button layout, but I plan on being generous with command normals. There will be a throw button ala CvTW, and another button with as of yet unspecified usage. I will not be using universal chains or magic series. I'll be consulting with some people to try to create a balanced, more deliberate fighting system that focuses less on easy strings like in CvTW/SHADEs.

The game will revolve around the Offense/Defense system. This is something I really thought I'd come up with until it was pointed out to me that the game Rumble Fish already did it. However I've had my heart set on it for so long that I can't let it go.

There will be two meters, each with two sections. One is the Offense Meter and one is the Defense Meter. You would fill the offense meter by attacking, landing hits, or with continuous forward advancement. You'd fill the Defense Meter by guarding, performing counters/reversals, or with continuous backward movement.

The supers are called Offense Drives and Defense Drives. Offense Drives are done with a full Offense meter, while Defense Drives are done with a full Defense Meter. Offense Drives will usually do more damage, but will be riskier and less safe. Defense Drives will vary by character. They might be utility supers, anti-air supers, specific situational supers like a counter, or a very safe move with low risk.

Each character has a critical technique called a Maximum Over Drive (or M.O.D.). This move uses both Offense Meter and Defense Meter.

The offense meter can have two full stocks. One stock is used for EX moves, while both stocks are used for Offense Drives.

The defense meter can also have two full stocks. One stock is used for an Alpha Counter-style move while blocking. Two stocks are used for Defense Drives.

Ideas and Feedback Welcome! I'd like to add another use for each meter without completely ripping off Rumble Fish but I've been a bit blocked.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 08:16:59 pm by Sean Altly
Re: Gameplay
#2  March 16, 2021, 08:16:40 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
So I decided to also add a feature called Ego Drive. It's basically me implementing the taunt buff system from SF3:TS. Here's the buffs so far:

Bryce - His taunt involves him doing pushups, so every uninterrupted pushup will add to his Offense Meter, so basically a power charge

Vidael - Increases the damage of her next Crescent Moon Slash special (her Flash Kick) by 15% and pops the opponent up higher for a juggle if she hits it as an anti-air

Quavon - Increases the amount of time he can hold the opponent during his next Quavon Clutch by an extra full second

Saito - Increases the damage of his next Burning Lariat by 15%

Tristan - Increases the damage of his next Tristan Fist by 10% and makes it cause wall-bounce

Illian - Increases the amount of time his next Omnisphere remains active before dissipating

These aren't set in stone yet so ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Download Last Bout now!