YesNoOk

Super Buu Z2 [Project] (Read 675912 times)

Started by Barker, February 06, 2015, 02:22:19 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Buu Z2 (Inspired)
#21  February 06, 2015, 11:41:09 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
I don't believe a breathing animation would certainly fit with the character. He has no nose to begin with and no need to breathe due to his magic origins.

I would rather have him pumping up his muscles or breaking his "neck bones" while being in an idle stance
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#22  February 07, 2015, 12:12:36 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
I don't think he has any bones, but flexing his muscles might look pretty cool.
#23  February 07, 2015, 12:35:25 am
I don't believe a breathing animation would certainly fit with the character. He has no nose to begin with and no need to breathe due to his magic origins.
i agree, he didn't breath in his stance either in this sprite or this sprite
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#24  February 07, 2015, 12:59:52 am
    • USA
Ooooohweeeee this is looking really good! I loved the Buutenks stuff and im sure this will be even more amazing.

Just a suggestion, I think you should change the color of the pants to a more lighter color like this
#25  February 07, 2015, 01:01:26 am
  • Smart Icoca wannabe!
    • Poland
    • samouczek.com/
Isn't that irrelevant in this situation? It's just a palette isue not sprite, this always can be corrected later on.
#26  February 07, 2015, 03:21:57 am
  • Not for sale

I would rather have him pumping up his muscles or breaking his "neck bones" while being in an idle stance

He's got tons of holes in his  body that he pumps air in and out of, though. It'd just be a good way to represent his "bubblegum" body that he can inflate and liquidize at will.
#27  February 07, 2015, 10:16:37 pm
    • Canada
I don't really want to get into a debate on whether or not Buu needs oxygen, but he can certainly breathe.

And regarding the idle, should I keep it as it is? (The third sprite)
#28  February 08, 2015, 01:26:15 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Those holes on his body aren't there for show, after all XD

Its a nice idle state, but as people have pointed out, won't it be difficult to transition punches?
#29  February 08, 2015, 06:50:32 am
  • I'll be back...
    • Cuba

fixed lil stuff there and there , if you need some help with animations just pm me , this project looks interesting
#30  February 09, 2015, 05:54:28 am
    • Canada
Thanks Balmsold, looks like an improvement to me. I like what you did with the abs.

Here's the jab I did for Buutenks with some tweaks. Is the transition back to idle too jumpy? If it looks okay I'll continue filling it in.
#31  February 09, 2015, 08:26:43 am
He was one of my favorite DBZ characters. I really would love to see him finish and adding him to my roster. Keep up the great work!

lui

#32  February 09, 2015, 09:31:04 am
    • USA
yup, feels a bit jumpy, try making him bounce a bit. increase it by one frame or two.

HQ

#33  February 09, 2015, 12:04:26 pm
still lots to fix, but I think you get the idea of how I made it to transist more fluid to the stance.

Good work Barker! keep em coming
#34  February 09, 2015, 01:32:37 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I think you should move the arm around on the idle to try other poses, that one looks a bit unnatural but the front arm looks fine.

what if he had his arm relaxed by his side?
#35  February 09, 2015, 01:35:33 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
#36  February 09, 2015, 01:41:53 pm
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain

I think it looks better without the first frame, and being remplaced with a copy of the last frame.

If its the ligh punch, should not have to much anticipation in the movement.

About the stance, it really depends if you transition things correctly again into the stance, i like where the hand is, but i would not mind it that changes so it makes the rest of the anims easier.
#37  February 09, 2015, 02:31:35 pm
    • Canada
Those animations look nice guys, but I think everyone's in agreement that the pose causes more problems than it's worth.

I think you should move the arm around on the idle to try other poses, that one looks a bit unnatural but the front arm looks fine.

what if he had his arm relaxed by his side?

Maybe something like this could work? I think I like it.
#38  February 09, 2015, 02:45:46 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
It would need to move up and down to prevent it from looking like he was scratching himself, but yeah something similar to that  I will try out some sketches when i get home to see if i can show you what i mean about the motion.

Check out Thedge attempt of drawing a superbuu too, it was pretty good.

balth later on remade it himseslf.
#39  February 09, 2015, 03:06:44 pm
    • Canada
It would need to move up and down to prevent it from looking like he was scratching himself

Oh god, you're right. I didn't even think about that. Any sketches would be appreciated though!
#40  February 09, 2015, 10:39:02 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

these are very basic ideas, the first is the one i was suggesting, but theres always the chance of doing it like in 2 or even 3, having both arms down.