YesNoOk

CvTW Sonic the Hedgehog Beta (by SeanAltly and HyperSonic) (Updated 3/12/13} (Read 76124 times)

Started by Sean Altly, March 10, 2013, 11:35:08 pm
Share this topic:
Re: CvTW Sonic the Hedgehog Beta (by SeanAltly and HyperSonic) (Updated 3/12/13}
#61  March 13, 2013, 06:37:30 pm
Wow! I really like the demo video. Looks great!
Re: CvTW Sonic the Hedgehog Beta (by SeanAltly and HyperSonic) (Updated 3/12/13}
#62  March 13, 2013, 09:22:57 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
-  If the opponent is in the middle of the screen to near Sonic's corner when SS happens, the opponent won't be able to block after the first hit (unless you can time it on the turn around after block stun)

Looked into this some more, has something to do with guarddist or something of that nature, because once Sonic gets far enough away the opponent drops the guard state and starts walking (if they're still holding back). I can offer a temporary fix and say that if you're on the receiving end of it, doing a crouching guard works from what I can tell.

EDIT: I think I just fixed the issue using guard.ctrltime. I'll include it in the next update.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 09:30:16 pm by Sean Altly
#63  March 14, 2013, 07:06:46 am
Not sure if this should be attended:

Geese (By pots) is able to Joudan Atemi Nage (counter) Super Sonic . I was playing against his AI and he time it right lol.
#64  March 14, 2013, 07:20:43 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
^I don't know...that seems normal considering the move isn't supposed to be unblockable, correct me if I'm wrong though.
#65  March 14, 2013, 07:30:38 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Is a living hitbox (I assume since I donĀ“t tested him) so is completely counterable. Makes sense.
Chilling
#66  March 14, 2013, 07:57:58 am
Idk I just think its weird since he is Super Sonic. The Readme said " Completely invincible during the move." So regardless he should be invincible
#67  March 14, 2013, 09:28:04 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
Just wanted to point something in relation to the above point Sean, I tried it against CM Punk and it doesn't get interrupted, however against Mr. X, if he does his stronger counter Super, Sonic stops dead in his tracks immeadiately. Don't mind it personally, but just thought you might want to know. More importantly is that against Mr. X when I got the "invincibility" box a grab from Mr. X (don't think it was a super) went through anyhow, which kept the power-up music playing, but the power-up "sparkle" sprites completely vanished after this.

I have yet to try Sonic in CvtW against Superman or Jill's counter moves yet to see if it has the same or similar effect, and also thanks, the code you told me to use makes him work perfect in your game.
#68  March 14, 2013, 05:55:22 pm
now this is wat i call a good sonic perhaps the best sonic for mugen nice wrk luvin da lil old skool effects u did here
$mokers World :)
#69  March 14, 2013, 06:09:22 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Not sure if this should be attended:

Geese (By pots) is able to Joudan Atemi Nage (counter) Super Sonic . I was playing against his AI and he time it right lol.

This happens because it's a counter and the Super Sonic move is flagged as HA(Hyper Attack). There may be a way to override this...but, that's up to Sean if he wants to. Geese's high counter can counter physical super moves, no matter how powerful they are. Same for his Lv3, Raging Dead End.
#70  March 14, 2013, 06:20:30 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
That is a conundrum. Perhaps I can just put in a stop sound trigger to make sure the music stops and otherwise leave it as is. I could completely remove blue clsns from the animation, but there would still be a pause and an attempt to counter, it would just miss (which might cause problems). I'll definitely make sure none of the characters in CvTW can counter it, but otherwise I'm not sure what else to do.

Download Last Bout now!
#71  March 14, 2013, 08:27:23 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
I would say for the public release, remove the music just to prevent the issue. In your fullgame keep the sound effect in place, since you said you're going to make sure it can't be countered.
#72  March 15, 2013, 12:18:08 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
I just noticed that someone hasn't changed the head.pos and mid.pos values to what they should be.
That was naughty :P

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#73  March 15, 2013, 02:55:48 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
There was this random bug that showed up, not sure what the exact trigger was, but I put Sub-Zero in training mode, and made him constantly grab. If I walked into him while also using Sonic's UT, sometimes just right before the grab Sonic would summon the item box but it would be invisible. Out of the times I tried it, it happened very, very rarely, but it was strange.

Also going back to Sonic's, Super Sonic special, Superman can counter it with his counter-super move...and this I dunno, it seems acceptable. There are only a few characters who can counter anyhow right? being Jill, Mr. X, Superman, CM Punk, not sure who else.

#74  March 16, 2013, 06:03:38 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
Yeah, I'm having no issues with the .snd file... so I don't know what people are talking about...
#75  March 17, 2013, 01:41:58 am
Not sure if the .SND problem has been solved yet.  I had it as well and have had it before with some chars.  It usually means one of the sound wave files is corrupted - not sure how it happens, but its definitely not just me. 

In Fighter Factory I found that sound 25 of 110 is corrupted (at least for some) I replaced it and sonic now works for me. 

Hope that helps the folks with the same problem!
#76  March 17, 2013, 01:49:27 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Yeah, I just checked it out and it was showing up blank in FF and when I tried playing it, I just got an error sound. That must be the problem.

I'll upload a fix soon, but for those who don't want to wait, do as he said above and delete sound 25 (labeled 9, 2). That should solve the problem.

Download Last Bout now!
#77  March 17, 2013, 03:33:39 pm
  • VROOOOM!!!
Yeah, I just checked it out and it was showing up blank in FF and when I tried playing it, I just got an error sound. That must be the problem.

I'll upload a fix soon, but for those who don't want to wait, do as he said above and delete sound 25 (labeled 9, 2). That should solve the problem.

Thanks for that, i'm now playing this awesome Sonic. Thanks Sean. :)
No breaks! No breaks!
#78  March 17, 2013, 04:03:04 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
***Update 3/17/13***

Just uploaded a quick update.

-Head.pos and Mid.pos fixed
-Guard problem on Super Sonic fixed
-.snd problem fixed
-New Lose By Time Over pose (looks like the classic dying pose from the Sonic games)
-New Draw Game pose
-Added a few more cancels here and there, mostly for the Fire Shield special and super
-Added stopsound sctrl so if he's countered out of Super Sonic the music will stop

Download Last Bout now!
#79  March 17, 2013, 09:01:15 pm
    • USA
I think that getting the Rings as an item box should gain a tiny bit of meter.

Sonic is pretty fun to play as!
#80  March 17, 2013, 09:05:29 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
He already gets health back from it though.

Download Last Bout now!