YesNoOk

Amnaelio released Chae-Lim (Read 15234 times)

Started by Yagoshi300, March 05, 2021, 12:25:03 am
Share this topic:
Amnaelio released Chae-Lim
#1  March 05, 2021, 12:25:03 am
  • Your Average MFG Forum Member
  • As Seen on Youtube
    • Brazil
    • Skype - iago-moraes
    • www.youtube.com/user/yagoshi300

Homina Homina Homina
Re: Amnaelio released Chae-Lim
#2  March 05, 2021, 01:16:09 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
It's another Ikaruga sprite swap, this time of Kim.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#3  March 05, 2021, 02:24:36 am
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
    • remixsparta.wix.com/mugensdawn
Huge disappointment. Most, if not all of her animations are traces (Why the fuck would you give her Alice's stance??? uuuuugh), her moveset isn't accurate, and it's just a spriteswap at the end of the day. I actually looked forward to this, but it's just another example of how Max Impact 2 characters never get proper treatment.

This guy wanted a subscriber milestone for this release. That's what pisses me off the most.
#4  March 05, 2021, 02:38:17 am
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
Yeah, I'm quite disappointed as well. I initially thought it had potential, at the very least with salvagable sprites. Then I tested their Sylvie only to realize that an actually good Chae Lim was currently too much to ask for.
And now this? This is on par with, if not flat out worse than Chuchoryu's "CVS" Chae Lim.
Hell, whoever sprited this Chae Lim also ended up tracing Kim sprites and most of the heavily edited sprites look just as out-of-proportion as Chuchi's sprites.

It's a shame people don't give enough of a shit about Max Impact 2 characters, and what Dawn said sums it up perfectly.
I'd happily help out with an actually good version of Chae if she ever gets made by someone else. But until then, we have spriteswap trash.
#5  March 05, 2021, 06:59:34 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
It's another Ikaruga sprite swap, this time of Kim.

It was from Ahuron's version actually, Ikaruga's part is on the patch he did for this version of Kim.
Well, i kinda like it but i expected more, specially cause Chae is one of my main chars in Maximum Impact 2. :v

I can say there are few Maximum Impact characters that i consider well made like
- Blue Blood's Luise Meyrink
- Thedge, Riccochet & NiO's Lien Neville
- FZL & Crow's Alba Meira

I can mention Ahuron's Kyo since not only the outfit but skills also are from MI2.
#6  March 05, 2021, 08:28:09 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
#7  March 05, 2021, 11:26:49 am
At least, she's been mugenized.
All I need for Mugen is Hyena.
#8  March 05, 2021, 07:49:44 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Being Mugenized is really the lowest common denominator...
#9  March 05, 2021, 08:10:11 pm
    • Brazil
    • silveirademeira.jonathan@gmail.com
wow the amount of anger in these comments, it seems all personal kkkk, the guy edited lost some time editing and launched, life that follows kkkk
http://i.imgur.com/cAR2Vi8.gif
Your signature is too large, please read the forum rules.
#10  March 05, 2021, 08:19:40 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
apart from the first couple posts it doesnt seem all that personal. its a bad spriteswap, there's nothing personal about pointing that out.
#11  March 05, 2021, 10:11:02 pm
Being Mugenized is really the lowest common denominator...

Killjoy... Anyhow, this char as a spriteswap could have better if the author could add a move from the game in which what Kim doesn't have.
#12  March 05, 2021, 10:53:29 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
That would be nice but it would require extra sprites for them to swap out
#13  March 05, 2021, 11:08:57 pm
    • Argentina
wow the amount of anger in these comments, it seems all personal kkkk, the guy edited lost some time editing and launched, life that follows kkkk

It's good to see more kof MI2 characters converted to mugen, it's a shame that there are so few that you can count on my fingers :/
And although I know some projects, most of them are on standby for personal reasons or because they do not have enough support
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#14  March 05, 2021, 11:18:57 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
I really hope I didn't come across that way to you. Neither the video nor the video description make mention of the original author and I honestly don't think it'd be fair to anyone wanting to download this character expecting something interesting only to have it turn out to be someone's uncredited work coding wise.
#15  March 06, 2021, 12:28:05 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Everyone complains, but no one values that spriting is hard. Not the best aproach to Chae Lim? Of course. A sprite swap of Kim? Too. But at least the guy did something :/  .
I swear there was something cool here!!
#16  March 06, 2021, 12:59:54 am
    • Brazil
    • silveirademeira.jonathan@gmail.com
Everyone complains, but no one values that spriting is hard. Not the best aproach to Chae Lim? Of course. A sprite swap of Kim? Too. But at least the guy did something :/  .

exactly what i mean.
http://i.imgur.com/cAR2Vi8.gif
Your signature is too large, please read the forum rules.
#17  March 06, 2021, 03:06:49 am
    • Brazil
That is completely irrelevant. If people see a Chae-Lim character being released (that is misplaced outside of the Edits section), they will expect her to play like Chae-Lim, not like Kim. There is nothing wrong with complaining about that and/or warning other people.
#18  March 06, 2021, 03:32:42 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
That is completely irrelevant. If people see a Chae-Lim character being released (that is misplaced outside of the Edits section), they will expect her to play like Chae-Lim, not like Kim. There is nothing wrong with complaining about that and/or warning other people.

It's easier to be behind the wall and throwing shit. Making a spriteswap of Kyo and calling it "Kusanagi" or "orochi Kyo" or whatever with just palete applied is lazy as Hell. People expects something new. Of course, this Chae Lim is only Kim with different sprites. At least the guy took his time to sprite, not just the boobs, hair, etc.

Following your logic, having PotS characters is not accurate because people expects to play as Ryu/Terry/etc in CvS2 and only applies the cosmetic use of CvS themed sprites. So c'mon, warn people about not using PotS styled characters.

The POINT is "You don't like it" PERFECT. I agree this is a lazy swap. But AT LEAST the guy took his time to do SOMETHING aside complainng and waiting for people to do that awesome stuff. Wanna complain? Perfect. Learn coding, learn spriting. Do something. Have u ever tried to make a single sprite? 'm not talking about a full character. At least respect the guy's time.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#19  March 06, 2021, 03:40:28 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
But at least the guy did something :/  .

Good point here FeLo. That's why i said that even i expected more, i kinda like what Amnael did so far on Chae.

He'll also release Ninon Beart real soon, probably will be his next release and i hope he improved her from the first beta he showed some months ago.

Making a spriteswap of Kyo and calling it "Kusanagi" or "orochi Kyo" or whatever with just palete applied is lazy as Hell.

Like many of those Kyo "edits" around. :v
#20  March 06, 2021, 06:18:15 am
  • For the Murder!
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus