YesNoOk

King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile) (Read 933440 times)

Started by lui, October 21, 2019, 11:25:49 am
Share this topic:
Re: King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile)
#1121  August 08, 2022, 08:27:47 am
Oh look, Deimos is back
it's fucking worse
what are the rewards that it refuses to give or show you ? It's all the stuff in the event reward page, rubies and transcend fodder cards with one SS memory ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 08:39:40 am by Byakko
#1122  August 08, 2022, 02:09:53 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Seems like it.  Not surprised they cranked up rhe difficulty with everyone running amok with A7 Street Fighter V stuff.

Apparently, there might be a major Korean livestream for this month but take it with a grain of salt.  Usually we when it comes to these news, it is usually collab inbound or something major like Ash Saga.   They would not do this with any regular EX release.
#1123  August 08, 2022, 03:42:04 pm
I barely did the first two levels this morning, but the SFV cast won't get far with the amount of damage you take if the healers still get worthless after a dozen levels. You'll just waste 3 characters per level, and we don't have 150 A7 characters yet. Okay I'm at 30 and EX characters shred through everything without taking much damage, and heals still work. The new enemy traps are frustrating with low rarity characters, but they're okay with stronger characters. The buffs are good too, speed and crits everywhere.
Obviously that means all the gold units are still useless because they take tons of damage right out of the gate (apparently balance doesn't exist), it's too bad because the first version was nice to play old units and see how far they got, but if you have a stack of EX units, you'll be fine (so far, I haven't finished it yet).
Actually I wonder, I'm not seeing a real spike in difficulty like back in the second version they had (just more and more enemies and traps), so maybe the speed buffs can help you use old / gold units in later levels ? Very unlikely but it would be cool.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 07:27:13 pm by Byakko
#1124  August 10, 2022, 03:23:02 am
  • Forever loving but always working.
Actually I wonder, I'm not seeing a real spike in difficulty like back in the second version they had (just more and more enemies and traps),

It should be like that all the way to the end. I found that the biggest challenge was health recovery. Also the bosses can be stunned/frozen/petrified/feared so it should make it a lot easier. And you can have teams with more than 1 EX, SS, BS whereas before we could not. The most dangerous part for me was the residual damage and the stun effect if mobs hit you.

I already hit 50 then I tried with a few different units, BS Leona shreds through this because shield + fear + skill cooldown reduction so always on hyper armor to avoid residual damage. And just about all SS/BS can handle it. Non SS Collabs from DOA and up that I tried also shred through it like I-No and AoP Honoka. For FES, Orochi is excellent especially with his buffs and Rugal too. I'm sure someone crazy will be able to clear it with Gold but I don't have old collabs so I don't really have gold units with hyper armor to fend off the residual damage...except for Sentai Clark and Ralf.

I like this a lot more than the hellish level 90 Tower of Trials, and if these rewards are weekly then this is fantastic! It makes SS units similar to old FES with DI.

The free SS memory is also why we will never get blank EX memories. That's how they make their money.
Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 03:26:33 am by ETSRL
#1125  August 10, 2022, 03:30:15 am
I was able to complete Deimos using Dictator, Dizzy, and EX Angel.  The trick was to concentrate on moves the grant Hyper Armor and Barrier to negate DoT in every stage.  One neat addition are buffs that include refreshing Active Skills without the use of cards and cores.  This came in handy to stall out Hyper Armor time for Awakening.  For damage buffs, only concentrate on the colors of your best unit and hope for the best.

Even '97 Orochi works, like you said, but for me it is due to HP Regen and is EX compatible.  Don't see this passable with Gold units unless they got their FES+'s 3PGs for it outside of '98 Athena for her Leadership skill.

Also finally and I mean FINALLY got A4 EX Shermie and went on to Tower Challenge, reached the last reward of a free FES+ memory, only for it to be BS Leona's whom I already leveled up to A7 :qq:
#1126  August 10, 2022, 04:28:18 am
Also finally and I mean FINALLY got A4 EX Shermie and went on to Tower Challenge, reached the last reward of a free FES+ memory, only for it to be BS Leona's whom I already leveled up to A7 :qq:

Congratula...oh.  That's always difficult, it almost feels like being robbed of your victory. But you still cleared it so congratulations on that!
I wish NM added more medals that can be displayed like finish the Tower, or Reach level 60 in RHD, Reach 3B in guild raid, reach 1B in Wary Colossal, etc...
#1127  August 10, 2022, 05:01:24 am
sufferingfromsuccess.jpeg

I wish that free reward was a selector.  Makes more sense due to this being an anniversary and what not but at least when the inevitable A8+ thing hits, I got it covered, kinda.

Looking at the potential major KOFAS stream news, if it were to be a collab, the only IPs that makes the most sense at this moment is either Tekken 7 (highly requested rerun) or Senran Kagura (had a collab with another KOF mobile title this year much like 7DS and Xrd before All-Stars later had them + Summer nonsense).

Edit:  Actually, SamSho rerun would also make sense due to Team Samurai DLC for XV releasing later this month so that would be the perfect tie-in.
Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 05:38:03 pm by Kirishima
#1128  August 13, 2022, 08:34:51 pm
when the inevitable A8+ thing hits.

That's kinda depressing to read.

Looking at the potential major KOFAS stream news, if it were to be a collab, the only IPs that makes the most sense at this moment is either Tekken 7 (highly requested rerun) or Senran Kagura (had a collab with another KOF mobile title this year much like 7DS and Xrd before All-Stars later had them + Summer nonsense).

Edit:  Actually, SamSho rerun would also make sense due to Team Samurai DLC for XV releasing later this month so that would be the perfect tie-in.

I could see a collab being next but I guess we have to wait for the end date on this one before hints of the next event start to show up.
#1129  August 18, 2022, 03:32:40 am
if it were to be a collab, the only IPs that makes the most sense at this moment is either Tekken 7 (highly requested rerun)

It can't be anything else but.

Right now, Nina Williams (both Modern and Classic) will be one of the new additions to the Tekken 7 rerun, in addition to Devil Jin as the next EX unit.  Full rerun starts next week and we got a ruby event to do in the meantime.

https://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/13/69660

While we wait, there are a couple of new missions to do such as the Carnival and Roulette, as well as a new daily login for Temp Rubies.
Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 03:47:38 am by Kirishima
#1130  August 19, 2022, 01:09:46 am
Let's see if they finally add something to make gold units viable, because if not, this event will be over quick.
In before it requires 7 additional memories to bring a gold to EX.
#1131  August 19, 2022, 12:24:32 pm

Arriving with Devil Jin and both Ninas, Hwoarang (T7 and Classic) and Alisa are also included.

Interesting that there isn't gonna be any new Kazuya or Heihachi so decent chance Gold units could be seeing a method for them to get EX Change Up.

T7 Nina will also have an EX mode and given for free.
Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 12:54:23 pm by Kirishima
#1132  August 19, 2022, 12:58:42 pm
Interesting that there isn't gonna be any new Kazuya or Heihachi so decent chance Gold units could be seeing a method for them to get EX Change Up.
It can work IF they get a boost in speed, hitboxes, and core effects like any combination of invulnerability. Deimos v3 showed they can be usable with a massive speed boost but they still get interrupted too easily and then they just sit around unable to do anything. Edit - oh yeah, and 6* versions of the 3PG (the attack doesn't need to change)
But with 6 characters including probably 3 EX, I think they won't bother much.
Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 03:34:28 pm by Byakko
#1133  August 19, 2022, 01:51:40 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Man I really wish Asuka would have made it in.
#1134  August 20, 2022, 06:35:26 am
The hype diminished for me. Maybe if Marshall Law or Lei Wulong were in the roster, then I would've been more into it. But this is emo-devil Jin, 2 duplicates, and the Robot Lady as the only one I am interested in. So I'd like to play as Alisa but I feel my stop on this merry go round of a game is 1 step closer. I mostly play 90% of the content on auto-battle, even guild raid. The only things I play are RHD, Guild Boss Challenge, and League + War. The rest is auto battle or tickets or a friend that plays on my account. Even Deimos isn't weekly anymore so there's less to play.

I still love Dream Match but whole matches can be dictated by connections. With some people, my inputs are read extra late with 15 ms ping while the other person has crystal clear movements with 300 ms ping. I cannot take it seriously and even for fun, it is lame to have your inputs not work or die due to tons of horrible rollback. And then there's still the random disconnect and automatic lose, it's not as bad as Season 2...but it's still bad. Let's not forget there is still need more balancing. I want to play with SS Nyotengu but her damage is crap in Dream Match. I'm glad they're improving it but it still needs a lot of work especially in the connection part but seeing as how Championship is still in Beta after all these years...yeah.

I don't think there will be a pathway for gold to EX. Mainly because we would have too many banners happening at the same time.
#1135  August 20, 2022, 10:43:05 pm
EX bride Nina

I imagine they'll rerun the gold units in the same banner as the new ones for completion's sake, but  don't actually expect any relevant upgrade to them, there's too much work to do to make gold units viable.
#1136  August 21, 2022, 02:21:43 pm

Alisa works a bit different due to her chainsaws.  One Active Skill activates it where you must then tap again to attack with them and another withdraws the chainsaws.

I imagine they'll rerun the gold units in the same banner as the new ones for completion's sake
They had done the same with Gintama outside of the NA server by including gold units with the FES ones.

I feel that this is testing the waters to see how much they can upgrade golds in preparation for the Ash Saga.  There is no way someone like Malin or '03 Tizoc would receive the SS treatment or have EX from the start so this might be the only way to keep up with the top units.
#1137  August 21, 2022, 03:40:36 pm
Yeah, I was suspicious with Hwoarang but it looks like the new gimmick will be a 3rd skill that switches stance and changes the two other skills. Pretty sure that's what was going on for Hwoarang too.

I feel that this is testing the waters to see how much they can upgrade golds in preparation for the Ash Saga.  There is no way someone like Malin or '03 Tizoc would receive the SS treatment or have EX from the start so this might be the only way to keep up with the top units.
Yeah, the powercreep keeps putting them in a corner every time they don't release the old units that have been ready waiting for a couple years now. Either they don't release them at all or they make gold viable, they'll soon have no other choice. It'll also revitalize the game something fierce and very fast, too...
(I wonder if they'll come up with some "gold+" rank to not put them in the same unified banner...)
Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 03:56:04 pm by Byakko
#1138  August 21, 2022, 11:11:05 pm
I imagine they'll rerun the gold units in the same banner as the new ones for completion's sake, but  don't actually expect any relevant upgrade to them, there's too much work to do to make gold units viable.

That would actually be excellent since I don't have any of them. And it would be a rare time where getting a gold doesn't feel as bad.

They might. When Lin came out SS/BS were at the top, and he easily could've been gold but they boosted him to FES to keep him relevant. Same with Gato, it's an edit of the '03 Version and he got the SS boost.

Also it would be technically be possible to get a gold to A5 using Gold Invites, then use change-up. But SS Blank memories are still rare enough where it is difficult to do that. And keeping them as FES+ stops new units they release from entering the general banner. I think at best they will be SS rank but at worst they will be FES. I hope to be wrong!

Alisa works a bit different due to her chainsaws.  One Active Skill activates it where you must then tap again to attack with them and another withdraws the chainsaws.
I'm curious how cooldowns will be affected.

And my guesses are:
Bride Nina: EX (announced)
Devil Jin: EX
Hwoarang: EX
Alisa: SS
Classic Nina: FES
Classic Hwoarang: FES

Banner 1: Hwoarang, Alisa, Classic Nina.
Banner 2: Devil Jin, Alisa, Classic Hwoarang.
Special bingo for Bride Nina.

That's based on how they handled SFV and Chun-Li and other recent banners.
#1139  August 22, 2022, 11:29:30 am
And Devil Jin :

I'm surprised he doesn't have any combo for his specials.
#1140  August 22, 2022, 04:13:05 pm
I think it's more about the damage. If a skill does a lot of hits then the skill damage is divided by the number of hits. But if it's just 1, then you take the full damage from that one hit. That's especially deadly in Dream Match.

Manger Kriz video

Looks Alisa is red Balance and Hwoarang is blue attack. Devil Jin's typing is blurred but only a few more days. Mortal Kombat or DBZ might be the next collab based on that old poll. And how they revealed they're already working on the next collab. Whenever I'm ready to leave, they pull me back in!