IKEMEN Plus Ultra (Read 84085 times)

Started by CD2, February 18, 2022, 11:42:35 pm
Share this topic:

CD2

IKEMEN Plus Ultra
#1  February 18, 2022, 11:42:35 pm
  • The Cable Dorado 2
    • Venezuela
This is a custom version of the original Ikemen Plus open source fighting game engine, that contains new features and improvements.

Changelog and New Features:

Main menu and Engine reworked:

Sprites directories generated for character select and continue screen regroup

Winmugen Lifebars Added

Start button as Enter key added

Pause button as Backspace key added

Fades added to every game modes and screens

Simul and Turns empty icons added

Restart game mode cursor in character select added

Wins and Match counter added to every versus mode

Win Quotes added when you lose or win in versus mode

Stages preview added

Team Mode select added to Bonus Games

New Game Modes Added:
- Training Multiplayer [1P vs 2P]
- Boss Rush Co-op
- Single Boss Fight
- Bonus Rush [Includes Co-op]
- Vs 100 Kumite Co-op
- Sudden Death [Includes Co-op]
- Time Attack [Includes Co-op]
Options menu reworked:

Max Draw Games added

Versus win counter added

All 4:3 resolutions added

Screen change between window or fullscreen added

Master, SFX and BGM control volume added

Control mapping reworked (Gamepads support disabled temporally)

Online menu reworked:

Host and Join Menus added

Online settings added in order to avoid desync

New Online Game Modes added:
- Training
- VS 100 Kumite Co-op
- Boss Rush Co-op
- Bonus Rush Co-op
- Sudden Death Co-op
- Time attack Co-op

Online replays menu reworked and better replay save system

Extras Menu reworked:

New features added:
- Storyboards player
- Sound Test
- Play credits
4GB Patch Available

Lastest Releases: https://github.com/CableDorado2/Ikemen-Plus-Ultra/releases

Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 02:24:08 am by Foobs
Re: IKEMEN Plus Ultra
#2  March 18, 2022, 07:25:49 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
This can be quite useful for somebody someday.

CD2

#3  September 29, 2022, 01:41:24 am
  • The Cable Dorado 2
    • Venezuela
This is a custom version of the original Ikemen Plus open source fighting game engine, that contains new features and improvements.

Main menu and Engine reworked:

Sprites directories generated for character select and continue screen regroup
Winmugen Lifebars Added
Start button as Enter key added
Pause button as Backspace key added
Fades added to every game modes and screens
Simul and Turns empty icons added
Restart game mode cursor in character select added
Wins and Match counter added to every versus mode
Win Quotes added when you lose or win in versus mode
Stages preview added
Team Mode select added to Bonus Games

New Game Modes Added:
- Training Multiplayer [1P vs 2P]
- Boss Rush Co-op
- Single Boss Fight
- Bonus Rush [Includes Co-op]
- Vs 100 Kumite Co-op
- Sudden Death [Includes Co-op]
- Time Attack [Includes Co-op]

Options menu reworked:

Max Draw Games added
Versus win counter added
All 4:3 resolutions added
Screen change between window or fullscreen added
Master, SFX and BGM control volume added
Control mapping reworked (Gamepads support disabled temporally)

Online menu reworked:

Host and Join Menus added
Online settings added in order to avoid desync
New Online Game Modes added:
- Training
- VS 100 Kumite Co-op
- Boss Rush Co-op
- Bonus Rush Co-op
- Sudden Death Co-op
- Time attack Co-op
Online replays menu reworked and better replay save system

Extras Menu reworked:

New features added:
- Storyboards player
- Sound Test
- Play credits
4GB Patch Available

Lastest Releases: https://github.com/CableDorado2/Ikemen-Plus-Ultra/releases

[NEW UPDATE 1.1]

Bat Files open custom method added
Stage Viewer added Thanks to Yoshin222
Better engine assets organization
Minor menu improvements
New screen resolutions added
Test Controls Added in input options
Quick Match (Random VS) Mode Added
New Menu Songs Added
Title Screen Added
Replays menu improved
Sound test menu improved
Storyboards Menu improved
Here comes a new challenger screen added
Unlocks example added
Hints added in character select
Randoms hints added in versus screen
Random Song examples added
Free order select time in order Select screen
Win text fixed for simul mode
Order Select and Versus Screen Select Separation
Debug keys (in match) improved
Save Player Username added
Port change save config fixed
Some screenpack Settings added
Engine Perfomance Settings added
Enable or Disable debug functions added
Win, Cheese, LieDown and Dizzy sprites animations added to use in char select/order/versus/win screens
Sprites animations of all members of your team, now appears in continue/game over screen
Online settings improved
Some engine errors translate to English (There are many missing in statebuilder.ssz)
Mission Mode concept added
Demo Screen Added while you wait on Title Screen (WIP)
Service screen added (WIP)
Training Mode Improved (WIP)
Change Game Resolution on live (WIP)
Audio Panning option added (WIP)
Screenshot feature added (WIP)

Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 01:50:27 am by CD2
#4  September 29, 2022, 01:50:36 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Lovely work, you guys are really making me want to jump to IKEMEN. I never would have expected anything like this to happen to Mugen, what a time to be alive in.

Does this mean it is finally possible to add Street Fighter 2-esque "lose portraits" since both players are now displayed on the Winquote Screen? Beautiful.
#5  September 29, 2022, 06:02:02 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
I don't think this is for everyone because this software is too advance of understanding and it's not mean for new user and not very friendly base code, the Ikemen go 98.2 that we all know and have now is way better and do more than this version, I would suggest that you can share these code and idea with the Ikemen go team show some the feature you included, but this software is not friendly for new users or for stander mugen fans or ikemen fans that don't know how to code in the LUA coding. that why the old ikemen go 0.97 was a ugly mess from the beginning and that why no one wanted to work with the software. And that reason why everyone is happy with the New and improved Ikemen go 98.2 and soon we be getting the new updates, don't get me wrong I know how to use your version but your forgot to include those that don't know how to program or code in the old ikemen ways. I still got the understanding of your engine but this not for everyone or go about it. is cool that you went out of your free time to improve the old version of ikemen plus 0.97 and name it plus ultra. but we satisfied with Ikemen go 98.2 and we don't really need this version at this time. also, you forgot to include the gamepad functionality most user use like xbox, PlayStation, Arcade stick controller, but instead you have Iit setup like the ways keyboard play function
Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 06:20:32 pm by OldGamer
#6  September 29, 2022, 06:09:39 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
Lovely work, you guys are really making me want to jump to IKEMEN. I never would have expected anything like this to happen to Mugen, what a time to be alive in.

Does this mean it is finally possible to add Street Fighter 2-esque "lose portraits" since both players are now displayed on the Winquote Screen? Beautiful.
this older version the ikemen plus but improved, if you dont know how to code in the Lua lang coding is best to stick with the Ikemen go 98.2 that more friendly base than this version
#7  September 29, 2022, 06:59:55 pm
  • Rabbit + Fantasy Blob = Blobbit with very high DEF
    • USA
I don't think this is for everyone because this software is too advance of understanding and it's not mean for new user and not very friendly base code, the Ikemen go 98.2 that we all know and have now is way better and do more than this version, I would suggest that you can share these code and idea with the Ikemen go team show some the feature you included, but this software is not friendly for new users or for stander mugen fans or ikemen fans that don't know how to code in the LUA coding. that why the old ikemen go 0.97 was a ugly mess from the beginning and that why no one wanted to work with the software. And that reason why everyone is happy with the New and improved Ikemen go 98.2 and soon we be getting the new updates, don't get me wrong I know how to use your version but your forgot to include those that don't know how to program or code in the old ikemen ways. I still got the understanding of your engine but this not for everyone or go about it. is cool that you went out of your free time to improve the old version of ikemen plus 0.97 and name it plus ultra. but we satisfied with Ikemen go 98.2 and we don't really need this version at this time. also, you forgot to include the gamepad functionality most user use like xbox, PlayStation, Arcade stick controller, but instead you have Iit setup like the ways keyboard play function

I prefer IGO, but I'm also open to other possibilities.
#8  September 29, 2022, 11:08:03 pm
It would be very cool if there was a fusion of the engines and the functions are expanded even more, I would like you to implement these below please, I believe it is not impossible.

1 - Color palette select and alt mode select on select screen
2 - TAG Mode with move assist and hyper assist linked with chain combo
3 - Stage select separated to select screen
4 - character voice on versus screen and winner screen
5 - the guide for cutscenes easier.
6 - score result on winner screen
7 - score result on lifebar like that : Score: 00/ time: 00 / life:00/ vital 00 not only color bars.

With that the engine becomes perfect for me because it will only depend on the author's creativity.
#9  September 29, 2022, 11:26:15 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA

yeah me too but question is are you willing to learn LUA scripting ? like I had too wit this version require that kind of skill

#10  September 29, 2022, 11:28:28 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
It would be very cool if there was a fusion of the engines and the functions are expanded even more, I would like you to implement these below please, I believe it is not impossible.

1 - Color palette select and alt mode select on select screen
2 - TAG Mode with move assist and hyper assist linked with chain combo
3 - Stage select separated to select screen
4 - character voice on versus screen and winner screen
5 - the guide for cutscenes easier.
6 - score result on winner screen
7 - score result on lifebar like that : Score: 00/ time: 00 / life:00/ vital 00 not only color bars.

With that the engine becomes perfect for me because it will only depend on the author's creativity.
I agree with you on that one but you can ask the Ikemen go team and you can make a request on their github they always open for suggestion you know

#11  September 30, 2022, 03:54:52 am
  • Coming on!
  • MUGEN/IKEMEN Creation
    • Mexico
    • sites.google.com/view/djpilous-stuff
That's So Amazing Update To 1.1.0 out of IKEMEN Plus Ultra! But IKEMEN GO Was Upcoming Version Yet.
Who is The Name of The World.

NekoAzul
#12  September 30, 2022, 05:35:44 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
this older version the ikemen plus but improved, if you dont know how to code in the Lua lang coding is best to stick with the Ikemen go 98.2 that more friendly base than this version

Do you have to do LUA coding to put characters and stages into this IKEMEN, or to create characters and stages/edit prexisting work to have the new features?
#13  September 30, 2022, 02:05:32 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
No.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#14  September 30, 2022, 02:27:08 pm
    • Peru
Hello.

One question: Is this the last version of Ikemen?
#15  September 30, 2022, 03:58:52 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
It's a modification of a modification of the original version of IKEMEN.
It's a different beast to IKEMEN GO.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#16  September 30, 2022, 07:44:35 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA

Do you have to do LUA coding to put characters and stages into this IKEMEN, or to create characters and stages/edit prexisting work to have the new features?
like PlasmoidThunder said No. but you do need to use lua coding for building a new game project

CD2

#17  October 05, 2022, 05:50:55 pm
  • The Cable Dorado 2
    • Venezuela

Using conditionals in the winquotes function and setting the "lose portrait" sprite load for chars, it is possible.

CD2

#18  October 05, 2022, 06:05:53 pm
  • The Cable Dorado 2
    • Venezuela

I fully understand what you mean. There are more people who will want to create screenpacks or fullgames in ikemen go, because it really is the evolution and better version of the original engine, there is no doubt about that. However, I want to share what I have managed to implement to the old ikemen that uses S-SIZE in case someone can't run Ikemen Go (It was my case months ago until I changed computers). I guess if Ikemen Go had worked for me from the first day I downloaded it on my old computer, I would be contributing these things to the Ikemen Go development team. After this, reviewing Ikemen Go rather makes it difficult for me to understand how it works. But I understand that it is more friendly with those who go from mugen to ikemen by loading a system.def and the documentation that they have. Although I am sure that at some point I will be interested in transferring everything new that I develop for this version to Ikemen Go.

Regarding what is new in this version, there are several things that are missing such as control support as you say, but for personal reasons in case I am absent, I wanted to publish the progress obtained.

Thank you for your comment, I admire your work and tutorials that you share on youtube!

CD2

#19  October 05, 2022, 06:11:27 pm
  • The Cable Dorado 2
    • Venezuela

Just use what fits your needs and abilities. This alternative arose because ikemen go didn't work for me, now it does, but I got used to the old ikemen and its logic
#20  October 07, 2022, 09:48:04 am
do you think is possible to use unotag with this engine and make battles between 3 vs 3 and able to do assist moves and get to change all the characters in a perfect tag system in MVC2?

Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 10:27:04 am by Mazemerald.