YesNoOk

Capcom X Marvel [PROGRESS VIDEO] (Read 8973 times)

Started by BC, June 28, 2013, 02:00:43 am
Share this topic:

BC

Capcom X Marvel [PROGRESS VIDEO]
#1  June 28, 2013, 02:00:43 am
    • UK
Capcom X Marvel is a full game project for Mugen currently in early stages of development. The game will feature characters from the Street Fighter Alpha series and other capcom fighting games, characters from the Marvel series such as MVC, MVC2, Marvel Super heroes. There will also feature a roster of X-men characters from X-men COTA and the Vs games.

The gameplay promises to be of a unique style and marvel characters will not emulate gameplay from the MVC series. The current roster has yet to be confirmed, but expect around 30 characters from each brand, which is around 60+ characters.

The characters are all programmed from scratch as usual, to speed up the creation process, I'll be using various ready made .SFF files (crediting the authors of course) the first person I'll be crediting is Kong for all the sprite rips contributed to the community, Thanks Kong.

I've been working on this full game for the past few weeks, currently I'm developing the gameplay system and I can list some of the features expected. Please note that the current features may change over the course of time. Inspiration can work for or against you sometimes  ^-^

The screenpack is under development too (including lifebars) so expect to see more on that a little later. Let's crack on here are the games features:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

The Roster is going to be quite big and the game boasts of around 60+ characters! I'll post the basic roster but note that there will be new characters per brand which aren't listed.

Marvel

Capcom

Again please note the roster may change at any time**

The first character I've been working on is Colossus from the X-men, I'll be releasing him also as a standalone. I'm using him to develop the gameplay and also I'll be making a template from him so that I can work on multiple characters at the same time, by multiple I mean I'll be working on at least 4 characters at a time to speed up the creation process.

Here is the latest video of Colossus, he is in early beta stage, little details are missing like certain dust FX and stuff but he's playable right now. The first video is the latest video of his progress and the second video is a misc video of comparisons to his X-men COTA super. Currently you'll notice there is no superpause and no super activation sparks this is just due to the game being early on in development.

I'll be happy to take questions/comments regarding the game so please feel free :)

Latest progress video

Street Fighter X Marvel - Colossus Progress

Super comparison Video

Street Fighter X Marvel - Colossus Super Comparison
Accepting commissions
Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 06:39:37 pm by BC
Re: Street Fighter X Marvel
#2  June 28, 2013, 02:23:56 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Pretty interesting project presentation and seeing isn´t going to emulate Marvel gameplay caught my attention. Good luck on this.
Chilling
#3  June 28, 2013, 02:33:53 am
Holy shit this is an ambitious project! 

Since you're deviating from pure-MVC gameplay, do you plan on adding any new moves/removing others?  Regarding the stage interaction, perhaps you can have some objects that hurt the opponent when they get thrown into them.  Having directional throws could add a layer of strategy to the fights.

I'm definitely looking forward to this, and seeing Thanos in the roster makes me a happy man.  Good luck, dude!
#4  June 28, 2013, 04:07:41 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
BC one of my Favorite creators in mugen, its been way too long dude! It is so good to see you back at making stuff for mugen! I am already loving everything your putting on the table with this project!

#5  June 28, 2013, 04:55:00 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
It seems that God is not the only one who works in mysterious ways :evil:

BC

#6  June 28, 2013, 08:20:29 am
    • UK
Thanks for the support guys, appreciated, Ill do my best to deliver. Also I'm open to gameplay suggestions, characters ect.
Accepting commissions
Re: Capcom X Marvel
#7  June 28, 2013, 04:23:03 pm
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Thanks for the support guys, appreciated, Ill do my best to deliver. Also I'm open to gameplay suggestions, characters ect.

This is what I think the system should maybe include BC :
Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 04:28:10 pm by ~R@CE AKIR@~
#8  June 28, 2013, 04:45:50 pm
  • I'm Mr. Monstro and I live under your bed.........
    • Spain
    • gamerfreaksanaddicts@yahoo.com
    • mugenmonstro.webs.com/
It seems you focused too much on the X-Men like most people do broaden your horizon on characters maybe even read some comics online......... (Basically this a semi rant good luck on the project though)
#9  June 28, 2013, 08:01:36 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
What happened to Street fighter Alpha 4?

DW

#10  June 28, 2013, 08:12:16 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
It seems you focused too much on the X-Men like most people do broaden your horizon on characters maybe even read some comics online......... (Basically this a semi rant good luck on the project though)

Available sprites. Capcom and Marvel focused more on the X-Men in their early crossover fighting games because of the X-Men's popularity. That's what available sprite wise, so naturally there'd be more X-Men in the roster. It's really unfair of one to ask for newly sprited chars. If that were the case, this project would have minimal chance of success.

I glimpsed over this yesterday. It's good to see you changed the title/scale to Capcom x Marvel. I was going to say why just limit it to SF chars? Anyway, it is a very ambitious project. I wish you luck in seeing it through to the end. One more thing... Stage interaction...? Throwing stuff from the BG like Injustice...? Meh... you could do without that. That's a cheap mechanic anyway in Injustice, not one worth taking from that game. That's also gonna be quite a task itself, let alone all the other stuff. Sounds/looks nice on "paper", but you may wanna re-think that mechanic. 

BC

#11  June 29, 2013, 04:32:41 pm
    • UK

I intend to do just that actually, and thank you. Like stated though the roster may change at any time, I do plan to have new characters.

What happened to Street fighter Alpha 4?

I was wondering when someone would mention that in an unrelated topic, anyway SFA4 is discontinued I could give you a wall of reasons why but let's just leave it at that, I'm hoping this project will distract people who are disappointed.

This is what I think the system should maybe include BC :
- Now because its Capcom X Marvel, more than likely the system should be based off a capcom like game, but for the marvel input I would include the chain combos for marvel side to it and also a normal lv3 hyper and let the "Rage" be like the DM/ULTRA
- I would make it so that you can do the "Rage" move if your life is low and you have a full lvl3 power bar to make it more like a DM attack
- I would include a wall bounce off of at least 1 move to allow for more combo abilities.
- I think you should include Ex moves and 1 or more of them could have wall bounce.
- Since its Capcom X Marvel you won't need to have running animation only dash. This will help you out with alot of characters cus most don't have the sprites (Not all just most)
-Configuration on the supermoves should be more like how they are in Street Fighter for example ( x2 D,DF,F, x or y or z)
-Alpha counters maybe?
- You could add in somethin like parry if you don't want to just add in the regular like parrying system

I hope you put in CHAIN COMBOS DUDE! But like how darkstalkers does it! See what I mean?....

-I've already added chain combos but not marvel style with air combos.
-I'm still thinking about Rage requirements at the moment, I wanted to have it working more like a SF4 Ultra so that it doesn't use any of the characters power bar. That's one thing I didn't like about the original Rage I did for SFA4, although it was a match changing move, if you missed it then it was pretty much match over and you couldn't even use a super as a backup from missing it.
-Regarding wall bounce I think you've been using too many of Mr Infinite's characters :P all seriousness aside wall bounce moves are cool but too many of them can be distasteful. That's not to say no one will have a wall bounce move I just don't want to overload the game with them.
-EX moves are a possibility yes.
-Run or Dash I don't see having both as a problem, if characters don't have a running animation that's fine, they'll have a dash.
-I may have to do that anyway, currently Colossus has a super which is QCF+pp so if I was to add EX moves then that would definitely conflict.
-Even though the games name has changed I don't think the brand specific skills should either.
-I'm not too sure about a parry system right now.

Thanks for your suggestions and I hope this video cures the chain combo demand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTTeYFITchI&feature=youtu.be

Available sprites. Capcom and Marvel focused more on the X-Men in their early crossover fighting games because of the X-Men's popularity. That's what available sprite wise, so naturally there'd be more X-Men in the roster. It's really unfair of one to ask for newly sprited chars. If that were the case, this project would have minimal chance of success.

I glimpsed over this yesterday. It's good to see you changed the title/scale to Capcom x Marvel. I was going to say why just limit it to SF chars? Anyway, it is a very ambitious project. I wish you luck in seeing it through to the end. One more thing... Stage interaction...? Throwing stuff from the BG like Injustice...? Meh... you could do without that. That's a cheap mechanic anyway in Injustice, not one worth taking from that game. That's also gonna be quite a task itself, let alone all the other stuff. Sounds/looks nice on "paper", but you may wanna re-think that mechanic. 

Yeah I'm glad I've switched to Capcom as a whole because there are a few characters I'd like to have in the game. Stage Interaction was just something suggested that might be a cool feature and you don't really see many Mugen Full games with this feature; if any. I do see how it can be a cheap mechanic and sometimes may also break characters gameplay, but nothing on the feature is concrete yet though.
Accepting commissions
#12  June 29, 2013, 05:31:31 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

I'm once again looking forward to working with you BananaClot buddy. :)

Send me the template whenever you are free.

These are old, from the helper in SyN's Strider but I could definitely make more.

"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja

BC

#13  June 29, 2013, 05:38:26 pm
    • UK
MuddyBeaver!

Love those ^ lol, I don't have a template like most people are commonly making on here but I've sent you his .sff and .act files if that helps.

Accepting commissions
#14  June 29, 2013, 05:41:18 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico

Most definitely...I can work with that Butt Cookies! (these actually exist lol) :D
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
#15  June 29, 2013, 05:44:19 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Lovin' this!! :D!!

But...it sounds more like a Marvel vs Street Fighter to me :P!!

Anyway, if you want to use Rose, feel free. She is colour separated and all.

I'm missing around...40 sprites of Viper to finish her D:!!
I swear there was something cool here!!

BC

#16  June 29, 2013, 05:47:07 pm
    • UK
Lovin' this!! :D!!

But...it sounds more like a Marvel vs Street Fighter to me :P!!

Anyway, if you want to use Rose, feel free. She is colour separated and all.

I'm missing around...40 sprites of Viper to finish her D:!!

How's it going Felo ;)

It is at the moment because I need to update the roster lol and thanks I might take you up on that offer :)
Accepting commissions
#17  June 29, 2013, 05:54:14 pm
since the game is using mostly alpha style sprites i think that rose would look out of place

BC

#18  June 29, 2013, 05:59:12 pm
    • UK
I'm not an expert with sprites or palettes so this question may seem a little stupid,  but could her palette not be changed to look somewhat alpha? or is that out of the question.
Accepting commissions
#19  June 29, 2013, 06:01:17 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Hmmm...maybe putting her second light(of the dress, scarf and MAYBE the panties/top) with the same values as the first light, would do the cut. I'm not an expert in SFZ shading, but CvS game had a lot of old SFZ sprites with just a resize and brighter colours.

I swear there was something cool here!!
#20  June 29, 2013, 06:11:07 pm
you could make alpha style palettes, but you'd also have to resize her sprites to match the proportions of other characters. unless you already resized the alpha/marvel sprites through cns, in which case she wouldn't need any resizing. alpha/marvel sprites were designed to run on a 384x224 resolution, which is why they look kind of fat and a bit short in 320x240.
#21  June 29, 2013, 06:13:43 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
The following is just my opinion...CVS and Alpha sprites don't look that bad when put together in a game.

They've done it in CVS1 & 2 and also in SFA3 Max....Not to forget we've been used to seeing it happen in mugen for many years now.

I think saying that they look bad together is more of a purist thing.

Again, this is just my opinion, and I respect anyone elses.
#22  June 29, 2013, 06:18:09 pm
the issue i have is that mixing those without resizing looks weird and gives advantage to the alpha style characters (longer reach in average)
#23  June 29, 2013, 06:41:11 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico

Oh, well you do have a very valid point there.

BC

#24  June 29, 2013, 06:42:50 pm
    • UK
so what about resizing using localcoord or Xscale and giving them an alpha palette? or changing up the marvel sides palette?

I do prefer the look of CVS Ryu to Alpha Ryu.
Accepting commissions
#25  June 29, 2013, 07:25:06 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany

I'm once again looking forward to working with you BananaClot buddy. :)

Send me the template whenever you are free.

These are old, from the helper in SyN's Strider but I could definitely make more.

Nice to see ya MaxBeta!

How about a Super-Skrull Rl'nnd pal?

#26  June 29, 2013, 07:29:01 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Yeah, I do too.
Also, if you use CVS sprites of Ryu, please make sure to also use the bonus sprites found in Ryu by PotS.
And please make Chun-Li CvS-styled as well. I hate it, how Capcom removed her Spinning Bird Kick in the Alpha series and the MvC series, plus Jmorphman's Chun-Li also has bonus animations like SF3 attacks and a better special intro against villians.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#27  June 29, 2013, 07:38:05 pm
so what about resizing using localcoord or Xscale and giving them an alpha palette? or changing up the marvel sides palette?

using cvs sprites when possible (shotos, chunli, rose) and changing alpha palettes to blend better with cvs sprites seems like the better solution to me.
#28  June 29, 2013, 08:41:50 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090419130834/marveldatabase/images/4/4c/Rl%27nnd_%28Earth-616%29.jpg

Not entirely possible due to color limit issues, something similar can be done thought.

using cvs sprites when possible (shotos, chunli, rose) and changing alpha palettes to blend better with cvs sprites seems like the better solution to me.

Technically speaking doing alpha palettes for the cvs sprites would be easier since alpha series have fixated values for the colors (16,32,48 to 240) and CvS series doesn´t follow any pattern so it would be needed to see the game palettes and color the alpha sprites like that.

Thankfully there are websites that compilated all those colors.
Chilling
#29  June 29, 2013, 11:26:43 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
ok. sorry for asking about it I was just wondering cuz the game looked good so far and I wondered why it fell off the face of the Earth. good luck with this new project dude.
#30  June 30, 2013, 01:10:07 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
Nice to see ya MaxBeta!

How about a Super-Skrull Rl'nnd pal?

Hey Staubs! Nice to see you as well bro!

I took your suggestion and came up with this quick one...I may improve the hues somewhat later.

But yeah, its like Aldo said...limited Capcom Sprites can only hold a few colors. :/
#31  June 30, 2013, 03:04:06 am
Technically speaking doing alpha palettes for the cvs sprites would be easier since alpha series have fixated values for the colors (16,32,48 to 240)
sticking to a limited number of RGB combinations would be a hassle and won't magically make the sprites look like they're in a similar style
#32  June 30, 2013, 03:46:30 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
^ Perhaps you´re right cause in the long way the colors won´t be enough. Resizing the sprites to a CvS-ish ratio should be a beginning IMO thought coloring the marvel side has been always a pain in every iteration of the MvC series.
Chilling

BC

#33  June 30, 2013, 10:43:05 pm
    • UK
omg these targetbinds are taking forever! lol, I'm adding his grabbing system from X-men COTA which consists of the following:

-pick up p2 off the floor above head (which has 23 frames)
-p2 recovers if you don't react for around 145 ticks (not accurate, if it is then I'm good at guessing)
-walk forwards or backwards with p2 above head (both have 11 frames each and he bobs when walking so that requires positioning of p2 again.)

^ I've got that far what's left is:

-running forward with p2 (can't run back)
-jumping with p2
-4 throws while p2 is above head (standing/running)
-1 jumping throw.
Accepting commissions
#34  July 01, 2013, 09:55:46 pm
    • USA
-I've already added chain combos but not marvel style with air combos.
-I'm still thinking about Rage requirements at the moment, I wanted to have it working more like a SF4 Ultra so that it doesn't use any of the characters power bar. That's one thing I didn't like about the original Rage I did for SFA4, although it was a match changing move, if you missed it then it was pretty much match over and you couldn't even use a super as a backup from missing it.
-Regarding wall bounce I think you've been using too many of Mr Infinite's characters :P all seriousness aside wall bounce moves are cool but too many of them can be distasteful. That's not to say no one will have a wall bounce move I just don't want to overload the game with them.
-EX moves are a possibility yes.
-Run or Dash I don't see having both as a problem, if characters don't have a running animation that's fine, they'll have a dash.
-I may have to do that anyway, currently Colossus has a super which is QCF+pp so if I was to add EX moves then that would definitely conflict.
-Even though the games name has changed I don't think the brand specific skills should either.
-I'm not too sure about a parry system right now.

Thanks for your suggestions and I hope this video cures the chain combo demand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTTeYFITchI&feature=youtu.be

(M.Bison Street Fighter Cartoon) Yeeeeeeeees! lol Yeah BC I see what you mean dude, its all good. Love what your doing so far and can't wait to see more.

BC

Re: Capcom X Marvel [PROGRESS VIDEO]
#35  July 04, 2013, 06:39:09 pm
    • UK
FINALLY!

Colossus now has all his throws and the "Body Lift" system is complete. Visually it looks cool I'm glad it's over with! Juggling long shifts at work and finding the free time has been a challenge. All that's left is some additional game system stuff then his Super Armour and his RAAAAGE.

Once again I'll be releasing him publicly once he's ready, so I gotta add some stuff to his sound file because It's all currently in the screenpack.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLaAQvOKqDk&feature=youtu.be

Accepting commissions
#36  July 04, 2013, 06:46:39 pm
    • USA
    • tsthomas2121@yahoo.com
Wow that is impressive. I have not seen that throw ability in mugen before.
#37  July 04, 2013, 06:55:06 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Looks awesome, man.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#38  July 04, 2013, 06:55:50 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Looks great man!

#39  July 04, 2013, 08:12:48 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
(Once again I'll be releasing him publicly once he's ready, so I gotta add some stuff to his sound file because It's all currently in the screenpack.)

@BC, now what sp might that be hmmm?
#40  July 04, 2013, 08:19:52 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
That Body Lift system looks pretty sick. It completely fits Colossus and a nice addition to his gameplay, me likes :D
Chilling

BC

#41  July 04, 2013, 08:24:01 pm
    • UK
(Once again I'll be releasing him publicly once he's ready, so I gotta add some stuff to his sound file because It's all currently in the screenpack.)

@BC, now what sp might that be hmmm?

Default Mugen 1.0, the sounds are in the common.snd file. The game doesn't have a screenpack yet remember :)
Accepting commissions
#42  July 04, 2013, 08:36:02 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
lol, just saying and was like whaaat.lol
#43  July 05, 2013, 12:49:25 am
    • USA
    • terontatum1@yahoo.com
Will there be any other characters AFTER the game is finished for add-ons? I think you said that you wouldn't be adding/doing any custom characters, but I think afterward it'd be cool to see Saki Omokane and Magik.

BC

#44  July 05, 2013, 10:36:46 pm
    • UK
There will be custom characters, but by that I mean "new" characters that have been drawn. Regarding add-ons once the game is complete, sure why not :)
Accepting commissions
#45  July 25, 2013, 10:55:55 pm
    • USA
FINALLY!

Colossus now has all his throws and the "Body Lift" system is complete. Visually it looks cool I'm glad it's over with! Juggling long shifts at work and finding the free time has been a challenge. All that's left is some additional game system stuff then his Super Armour and his RAAAAGE.

Once again I'll be releasing him publicly once he's ready, so I gotta add some stuff to his sound file because It's all currently in the screenpack.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLaAQvOKqDk&feature=youtu.be

This is exactly why BC is one of my Favorite Creators. Awesome BC, just awesome, nuff said!