YesNoOk

(PART 2: ZERO) MvC2 Double Release -- Legacy Age of Heroes Release #26-27 (Read 11884 times)

Started by 087-B, August 10, 2020, 05:20:29 pm
Share this topic:
(PART 2: ZERO) MvC2 Double Release -- Legacy Age of Heroes Release #26-27
#1  August 10, 2020, 05:20:29 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA

LEGACY AGE OF HEROES PRESENTS...
An On-Going Double Release!

VOLNUTT and ZERO!

Done by request, and cause I figured I'd get to them anyways, Megaman Volnutt and Zero are joining the fight! ... almost! Zero is complete but is being polished, while Volnutt is all set!

Megaman Volnutt is a very quick, viable zoner, who has many tools in his arsenal to control the pace of the battle. If that's not enough, he does have very fast ground normals that connect better than Megaman Classic's own combos! To differentiate him from Megaman Classic, his buster shoots smaller shots, but he can fire two at a time. He has many combo options, and no more level up system -- instead, it's my own take on a base Megaman Volnutt using what has been provided.

In contrast, Zero is more rushdown oriented. Though he's a bit of a zoner, being able to fire his buster with heavy punch when at a distance, up close his sword combos are powerful enough to lock an opponent down. He's an effective juggler and has a variety of hyper combos to light up the match -- taken from his various versus series appearances.

Hope you guys enjoy these two characters!

Spoiler: Megaman Volnutt (v1.0) (click to see content)

Spoiler: Zero (v1.0) (click to see content)
Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 06:26:20 pm by 087-B
Re: (PART 1: VOLNUTT) MvC2 Double Release -- Legacy Age of Heroes Release #26-27
#2  August 10, 2020, 06:01:27 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
alright, time for test out megaman volnutt
Re: (PART 1: VOLNUTT) MvC2 Double Release -- Legacy Age of Heroes Release #26-27
#3  August 10, 2020, 06:11:38 pm
    • USA
#4  August 10, 2020, 07:32:42 pm
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Glad to see that you're back, all of your mvc chars are making me go Vol-Nutts! :P

Keep it up the good work dude.
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#5  August 10, 2020, 07:39:16 pm
    • USA
#6  August 10, 2020, 09:31:17 pm
    • USA
Finally! A Volnutt without automatic AI! I put him on my roster right after testing him out. He's that fun. I've been looking for one for a while. By the way, have you looked into adding the Explodsive system to make future characters and updates even more true to playing like MVC2?
#7  August 11, 2020, 01:36:25 am
    • USA
Finally! A Volnutt without automatic AI! I put him on my roster right after testing him out. He's that fun. I've been looking for one for a while. By the way, have you looked into adding the Explodsive system to make future characters and updates even more true to playing like MVC2?

Haha, thanks! Yeah the AI controlling the originals made testing him in FF super annoying but I’m glad I was able to create a very nice, well rounded Volnutt of my own. :D

And I’ve never heard of that system, I don’t even own MVC2 heh. I’m mainly focusing on, I guess, a modified version of the MVC2 style that fits with how I’d be comfortable playing. Still accurate enough but with a few differences that I consider polish the original gameplay.
#8  August 11, 2020, 07:39:06 am
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
#9  August 11, 2020, 07:53:32 am
    • USA
#10  August 15, 2020, 12:41:04 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
leon kennedy has a bug where he's stuck in the air after air recovering movement to either the left or right
Re: (PART 2: ZERO) MvC2 Double Release -- Legacy Age of Heroes Release #26-27
#11  August 29, 2020, 06:27:14 pm
    • USA
ZERO is out, finally! Took a while cause he contains some updates to my initially finished version.

Additionally, Volnutt is being updated to fix remaining bugs and add a damage dampener -- something I finally figured out how to do. :D
#12  August 29, 2020, 06:31:40 pm
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
Man you should credit me and ranza for almost ALL work and move this to edits section

You Just made some tweaks and changes but the codes are the same

Nice work here and thanks for share!
Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 12:22:33 am by Mr.Karate JKA
#13  August 29, 2020, 06:38:41 pm
Best Zero sprites to use out there. I’ve been using Giang’s edit I’ll try yours

lui

#14  August 30, 2020, 01:02:00 am
    • USA
Man you should credit me and ranza for almost ALL work and move this to edits section

no.

I do respect that you created the original version that we did use sections of coding and effects and such.

But we used a different template as a base and he properly credited you for the coding that came from you in an appropriate matter.

Ramza is the first person highlighted and credited.

Theres enough differences to warrant its own release. Most of the bulk of the coding is lifted from our template created using Mouser's coding as a base.

Please stop acting like everyone who uses something from your Zero is just doing slight edit. You yourself kept using code from other authors. Which is fine, because you gave credit. But don't devalue others for it.

Don't like it? Tough shit.
Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 01:07:49 am by lui
#15  August 30, 2020, 04:25:30 am
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867

no.

I do respect that you created the original version that we did use sections of coding and effects and such.

But we used a different template as a base and he properly credited you for the coding that came from you in an appropriate matter.

Ramza is the first person highlighted and credited.

Theres enough differences to warrant its own release. Most of the bulk of the coding is lifted from our template created using Mouser's coding as a base.

Please stop acting like everyone who uses something from your Zero is just doing slight edit. You yourself kept using code from other authors. Which is fine, because you gave credit. But don't devalue others for it.

Don't like it? Tough shit.

Yes

@lui you don't have to be rude. Because I wasn't rude to you or 087 ... Anyway, zero is a mugen char and its open source, right !? So, do what you want and have Fun!

Just don't tell me that way because I never treated you like that anyway, thanks for share. I'm a big fan of the work that the 087 has done.
Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 04:32:19 am by Mr.Karate JKA
#16  August 31, 2020, 01:26:51 am
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
I Found a glitch
https://streamable.com/377j7k
And no slash effect from MVC2 for Zero

Apart, I would have preferred it to be the way it is done as in MVC3 and TVC

#17  August 31, 2020, 01:38:22 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

That's also an issue in the original PotS version(s) with that super as a Level 2.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#18  August 31, 2020, 02:35:03 am
    • USA
I Found a glitch
https://streamable.com/377j7k
And no slash effect from MVC2 for Zero

Apart, I would have preferred it to be the way it is done as in MVC3 and TVC

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8R5A2q6ruI[/youtube]

Ah whoops... I knew of that glitch and thought I fixed it. My bad. I'll make sure to pop back in and update him ASAP.

And well... I tried the slash effects at first but they just didn't really... sit right with me. I dunno, I just preferred the normal hitsparks, so I decided that's what I'd go with. :P