YesNoOk

Character Thread: Flik/Ivy/Leon/Cammy in CVS (Read 37128 times)

Started by ryny79 a.k.a ryanrate77, May 22, 2023, 09:11:31 am
Share this topic:
Character Thread: Flik/Ivy/Leon/Cammy in CVS
#1  May 22, 2023, 09:11:31 am
  • The WinterNever Active White Wolf
  • There's nothing that can beat 2 dimen sprites
    • Philippines
This is my first character and sprite work in MUGEN/IKEMEN. He was created last November 14, 2021, which I considered a BETA version. With the upcoming release of KONAMI's remastered Suikoden 1 & 2, this will be my take and tribute to my favorite character... The Tenan Star...Flik, 'The Blue Lightning".  Special thanks to KONAMI for creating one of the best JRPG's in the early 2000s.

Youtube Video:

here is the link  :megusta:
Download Link:
https://mega.nz/file/pfBk2JBC#cVdC1msfmdiafaptjJYDeIGhZqiGTABSdd4feIBR9i0

Sprite & moveset editing are so much fun!
Making characters in CVS that never had their MUGEN/IKEMEN debuts are my top priority.
Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 12:17:41 pm by ryny79 a.k.a ryanrate77
Re: Flik (Suikoden 2) CVS Arrange (May 22, 2023)
#2  May 22, 2023, 11:10:26 am
Cool, but i think you should upload the zip file, not the character folder.
#3  May 22, 2023, 11:29:32 am
    • Philippines
@snowy997   Oh thank you for your suggestion, I changed the download link.

Making characters in CVS that never had their MUGEN/IKEMEN debuts are my top priority.
#4  June 06, 2023, 03:39:56 pm
    • Philippines
Next is another of my edited character from Soul Calibur series...Miss Isabella 'Ivy' Valentine .
The alchemist dominatrix had more moves based on her appearance in Soul Calibur series and King of Fighters All Stars.
if there are bugs or suggestions about this femme fatale, please let me know. Thank you so much!
There will be more character uploads in the future!

And here is her download link
Download
https://mega.nz/file/kW4EiAjL#OfVy73Pw9NMcRHi7D0QfU08708LYuXlUC7ulVPgKq-o

Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 05:51:05 pm by ryny79 a.k.a ryanrate77
#5  June 06, 2023, 04:53:55 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Re: Character Thread CVS Arrange Flik (Suikoden) & Ivy Valentine (Soul Calbur) 2023
#6  June 06, 2023, 05:01:37 pm
    • Philippines
Oh, that's a great idea. TBH, I've never seen his work. It's my first time to see the link. Thank you for sharing it. Perhaps I might consider her grab animation and fuse it in her move set. I might do that. Thanks a lot, @Momotaro.
Who do you have in mind? I might start doing character requests.

Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 05:16:31 pm by ryny79
Re: Character Thread CVS Arrange Flik (Suikoden) & Ivy Valentine (Soul Calbur) 2023
#7  June 06, 2023, 05:19:56 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Oh, that's a great idea. TBH, I've never seen his work. It's the first time to see the link. Thank you for sharing it. Perhaps I might consider her grab animation and fuse it in her move set. I might do that. Thanks a lot, @Momotaro. Who do you have in mind? I might start doing character requests.

I don't want to force you to make any character.
I always think creator should make the characters they like.

But recently after Animugen did a custom version of Tifa (Kof Style, with the best spriteset ever used in a Tifa), I felt like this material can be used for a POTS version Tifa.
(all the assets are ready for coding, including sprites and sounds.)
The good thing is you can use similar coding "base" and moveset. I already edited him a new run anim for her. You can freely use it.
And if you need extra missing animations, I can help with that. I can even give you a template palette to make her look even more CVS.

Anyway, I tested Ivy and had this error message after crash.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

And about taking code or elements from his Ivy version, perhaps you can exchange together to see how you can upgrade both your Ivy versions.
Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 05:23:25 pm by Momotaro
#8  June 06, 2023, 05:37:17 pm
    • Philippines

Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 05:51:57 pm by ryny79 a.k.a ryanrate77
#9  June 06, 2023, 06:09:50 pm
    • Philippines
Oh, that's a great idea. TBH, I've never seen his work. It's the first time to see the link. Thank you for sharing it. Perhaps I might consider her grab animation and fuse it in her move set. I might do that. Thanks a lot, @Momotaro. Who do you have in mind? I might start doing character requests.

I don't want to force you to make any character.
I always think creator should make the characters they like.

But recently after Animugen did a custom version of Tifa (Kof Style, with the best spriteset ever used in a Tifa), I felt like this material can be used for a POTS version Tifa.
(all the assets are ready for coding, including sprites and sounds.)
The good thing is you can use similar coding "base" and moveset. I already edited him a new run anim for her. You can freely use it.
And if you need extra missing animations, I can help with that. I can even give you a template palette to make her look even more CVS.

Anyway, I tested Ivy and had this error message after crash.

And about taking code or elements from his Ivy version, perhaps you can exchange together to see how you can upgrade both your Ivy versions.

Sure! Tifa is on my next project list behind my lineup, Brahm (Valkyrie Profile), Talim (Soul Calibur), Eizen (Tales of Berseria), & Orlandeau (Final Fantasy Tactics)

#10  June 06, 2023, 06:13:55 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

Thanks for fixing the link/version.

nice to know you will make this Tifa.
Again I highly recommand you use Animugen's Tifa assets as a base.
And also reference for the moves.

Your other projects are interesting! particularly Talim (Soul Calibur)
Other I'm mostly curious...

About Ivy.
I still have error message.
seems not compatible with all mugen builds or I don't know...
Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 06:17:24 pm by Momotaro
#11  June 06, 2023, 06:30:30 pm
    • Philippines
Alright! I might do that. Currently, I am working with Talim & Eizen. Talim is quite difficult because I have to make sure that her design is detailed just like her appearance in Soul Calibur 4.  :jackie:

Here is an example screenshot for Eizen (Tales of Berseria)

#12  June 06, 2023, 06:38:53 pm
    • Philippines

Thanks for fixing the link/version.

nice to know you will make this Tifa.
Again I highly recommand you use Animugen's Tifa assets as a base.
And also reference for the moves.

Your other projects are interesting! particularly Talim (Soul Calibur)
Other I'm mostly curious...

About Ivy.
I still have error message.
seems not compatible with all mugen builds or I don't know...

What mugen version are you using Momotaro? Hmmm... let me look at this. Thanks.

#13  June 06, 2023, 06:41:42 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Alright! I might do that. Currently, I am working with Talim & Eizen. Talim is quite difficult because I have to make sure that her design is detailed just like her appearance in Soul Calibur 4.  :jackie:

Interesting!!
Not exactly my usual fav type of character, but the design looks good.
Hope the spriting work will not take too much of your time...
#14  June 06, 2023, 06:46:11 pm
    • Philippines

Interesting!!
Not exactly my usual fav type of character, but the design looks good.
Hope the spriting work will not take too much of your time...

Hahaha! I assume you're not playing Tales RPG.. To be honest, the sprites take a little effort and time. I have work so this will come in my free time or my rest day.

#15  June 07, 2023, 05:29:47 am
    • Philippines
Third character for today... It's Leon Scott Kennedy from the Resident Evil Series.
Leon was my first character back in November 2020
The creation of this character was inspired by the game Project X Zone 2
A big thanks to Mr. lord-master from the deviantart sprite the source of my first character.
also, a big thank you to Mr. Wou for the move set and animation.

Youtube Video

Screenshots

Download LInk :

https://mega.nz/file/AeQlVSqD#c7IQ0cUiHoL_RmszkFOTj2zpjJt2E4AS8DGqzQr-JBY

#16  June 07, 2023, 01:17:57 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Third character for today... It's Leon Scott Kennedy from the Resident Evil Series.
Leon was my first character back in November 2020
The creation of this character was inspired by the game Project X Zone 2
A big thanks to Mr. lord-master from the deviantart sprite the source of my first character.
also, a big thank you to Mr. Wou for the move set and animation.

Youtube Video

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9oys4XCKcs[/youtube]

Screenshots

Download LInk :

https://mega.nz/file/AeQlVSqD#c7IQ0cUiHoL_RmszkFOTj2zpjJt2E4AS8DGqzQr-JBY

Nice! seems like he have many sprites!!
Not easy to make custom anims for a brand new character !
Testing later.

Hope to have some news of Tifa in the future! :)
(partituclarly since all the assets are ready)
Re: Character Thread: Released CVS Arrange for Flik/Ivy/Leon
#17  June 07, 2023, 02:50:58 pm
    • Philippines
Thank you for liking it Momotaro! I had to really observe and compare him in his Project X Zone 2 inclusion. 5 years ago, I saw SNKish sprite version of Leon made by Wou and then I decided to make my own CVS version just like what I'm about to do with Animugen's Tifa. Just a question though... Are Tifa's thighs that big? I am also particular with scale sizes. What is her exact height?

Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 02:55:50 pm by ryny79 a.k.a ryanrate77
#18  June 08, 2023, 01:03:33 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Thank you for liking it Momotaro! I had to really observe and compare him in his Project X Zone 2 inclusion. 5 years ago, I saw SNKish sprite version of Leon made by Wou and then I decided to make my own CVS version just like what I'm about to do with Animugen's Tifa. Just a question though... Are Tifa's thighs that big? I am also particular with scale sizes. What is her exact height?

Nice decision for Leon !
About Tifa I feel like her spriteset is already very good to me...
No need to CVS-ize her more for now.

Her height (from google)
5 feet 6 inches (167 cm)

About her thighs.
I think they are perfect in this spriteset.
She matches other fighting game girls.
Actually I hate when people just add random characters into CVS/POTS mechanics and they look too slim or too realistic (small head...)
To me, you should just keep it simple.
THis Tifa only needs a custom palette.
If you ever decide to give her an edited spriteset, I prefer it to be optional alternate SFF. but the one from Animugen version is already good.
#19  June 08, 2023, 03:27:44 am
    • Philippines

Nice decision for Leon !

Her height (from google)
5 feet 6 inches (167 cm)

About her thighs.
Actually I hate when people just add random characters into CVS/POTS mechanics and they look too slim or too realistic (small head...)
If you ever decide to give her an edited spriteset, I prefer it to be optional alternate SFF. but the one from Animugen version is already good.

Let's just say I will be having a CVS version of Tifa, The animation will be the same. Just a few tweaks maybe on her moves depending on their skills needed in the fighting genre and through observation, I guess... I have to agree with you that Animugen's Tifa is already good. Now I will be releasing another character today, and she was my edited own version. She's from England and she wears green, she's in your signature!

#20  June 08, 2023, 08:13:20 am
  • A.K.A. NED

Nice decision for Leon !

Her height (from google)
5 feet 6 inches (167 cm)

About her thighs.

Let's just say I will be having a CVS version of Tifa, The animation will be the same. Just a few tweaks maybe on her moves depending on their skills needed in the fighting genre and through observation, I guess... I have to agree with you that Animugen's Tifa is already good. Now I will be releasing another character today, and she was my edited own version. She's from England and she wears green, she's in your signature!

Great news! and Hype for this green wearing girl ;)
Keep it up!

EDIT : after testing Leon. (Still cannot test Ivy)
Leon have very jumpy frames in normal attacks and many other anims... Be usre to allign his sprites offset. you should use references to see how characters are alligned by using anim 0 as a starting base.
-Also he would be more complete with Ex special moves.(pots style)
-Will you include custom combo mode ?
Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 12:48:49 am by Momotaro