YesNoOk

New Pocket Project *Updated* (Read 3007 times)

Started by DrStrange, December 26, 2009, 01:03:28 am
Share this topic:
New Pocket Project *Updated*
#1  December 26, 2009, 01:03:28 am
  • Don't be an Anti-Pockite
    • USA
Hello all,

I posted this over at the Elecbyte forums but figured I would post here as well.

I am looking for team members for a new project that started about 2 weeks ago. The project is in the style of the Scruffy Dragon Pocket World Project:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9mf3oopciw&feature=PlayList&p=B2BB36AF6CE9805B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=26

and the Pocket Dimensional Clash Project (forum on this site):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa5ZdZvnxYM

You may ask why another Pocket project? And my answer is why not. My goal is to have a lot of playable balanced characters so in order to do that we must use simpler graphics that do not take as long to make. And I love super heroes and this style is perfect for my children.

So anyway on to the project. I currently have 4 artists working on creating brand new sprites, stages, select screens etc... So the big selling point to working on this project is that their will be some nice new art assets for all aspects of the game. Our goal is to create about 30 new characters in the next year or so. The roster is not finalized but will be limited to comic book heroes from Marvel and DC. Anyone who joins will have input into the roster.

Here is a very limited video of our first WIP, Pocket Ironman. So far we only have the standing, walk forward and walk backward animations coded. We need a few tweaks to the standing animation. but the style we are very happy with. The Batman pictured is from the Pocket World project and is shown as a way to see how the styles match.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PocketMojoWorld

The name of the game will be Pocket Mojo World. As 2d fighters don't need much of a story, we are putting a small one together. The basis is that Mojo has captured both DC and Marvel villians and heroes to do battle with each other. We are working out the details.

The current draw back of the project that I am trying to correct is that I am the only one currently coding and I have all of 3 hours Mugen coding experience. But I am a software engineer by trade, so I am picking it up pretty quickly.

So I am looking for people interested in coding some pocket super hero characters and be part of a team to complete a full Mugen game with balance characters and custom artwork.

Since I am so new to Mugen coding I would prefer someone with experience, but as long as you have the desire you will be considered. (And a big plus would be if you could help with a SMF tiny Portal Website I am putting up)

Feel free to email me pocketmojoworld@gmail.com if you have interest in helping or have any questions.

Thanks for reading and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 10:13:24 pm by DrStrange
Re: New Pocket Project, looking for Coders (already have 4 artists)
#2  January 02, 2010, 07:39:09 pm
    • USA
Re: New Pocket Project *Updated*
#3  February 07, 2010, 10:14:56 pm
    • USA
Progress is coming along nicely. Pocket Wolverine is almost done. Here are 2 other characters that are being worked on.

Phoenix

The Mighty Thor

Comments and suggestions always welcome.
#4  April 10, 2010, 08:32:07 pm
    • USA
#5  April 10, 2010, 08:51:53 pm
    • UK
    • www.nnaajjmugen.tumblr.com/
This looks awesome, I really like the style of the sprites!
Kind of remindds me of thoes mini marvel figueres you see in those toy stores.
Kinda strange but I woke up today and her hand was on my ass cheek
I won't suspect anything though I'll take it she was sleeping and didn't notice
you should have flipped over slowly
#6  June 21, 2012, 09:17:01 pm
    • USA
Well, I haven't updated here in a long long time. But this is the first topic I started on my project and this is the best place to update it.

Progress has been steady the last few months. Here are 2 screen shots showing some progress in characters and stages.  Our team is also working on a stage for the stage contest now.

Much more to come.

#7  June 22, 2012, 07:05:58 pm
    • mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/
looking great, cant wait to find out more :)
#8  September 21, 2012, 12:30:55 am
    • USA