YesNoOk

Great Excarmium (Read 3448 times)

Started by Vic2000, February 05, 2022, 12:52:24 pm
Great Excarmium
#1  February 05, 2022, 12:52:24 pm
    • Italy
Hello everyone, it's me, Vic2000, the same guy that posted the DoubleClash thread. I just wanna say that my first thread gained such views that i just couldn't believe it in my own eyes. This was probably due to my imagination that nobody has ever done, but i'm not gonna lie, it was probably a bit ambitious as well. So for this next thread, i wanna introduce you to the second idea i had, this time partnering with my older brother John.

Grand Excarmium is a game greatly inspired by both The King of Fighters series and Wou's Super Crazy Jam. You can call it the SNK version of DoubleClash, because it features some of the cast from that game, like Mario, Ryu, Meggy and others, but also features characters exclusive to this game, but enough jim jammering, here's the controls (ovbiously):

As you can see, it is inspired by KOF, such as defeating the opponent will advance to the next round in a team match to fight the following fighter, but mechanics from some installments, such as Max Mode from KOF XIV / XV, Just Defend from Mark of the Wolves, EX attacks from recent games, and the Striker system from the NESTS saga of games. As such, each team will have 4 fighters, but only 3 to play as, with the 4th relegated to being a striker, but like in KOF 2000, you can choose another striker or a maniac striker (the latter needed to be unlocked under certain requirements), a different character that is either releated or unreleated to the team to help them. As with the series, it will have endings based on the team you choose, and if you choose the characters you like to form your own team, it will give the normal ending instead.

The roster will have 15 teams, making it 60 fighters to play, while the mini-boss, main boss, hidden boss and the secret boss needed to be unlocked. So here it is!

Playable Fighters
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Bosses

More info will be coming soon...
Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 01:07:28 pm by Vic2000
Re: Great Excarmium
#2  February 05, 2022, 01:40:16 pm
    • Italy
Allright, i'm back from a few minutes. Here's the movelist for all of the characters. I'll explain some of these attacks later.

Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 01:45:58 pm by Vic2000
#3  February 05, 2022, 03:52:01 pm
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
what
#4  February 07, 2022, 04:21:42 pm
    • Italy
Ok, i'm back. I was busy with real life, but my brother made a set of 10 picture drafts on what the story intro of the opening will look like, but because each picture will take some time, i decided to fuse them into one. Here it is:

Note: It may not reflect on what the final result will look like, since this was made as a concept. Also, English is not his and my native language (where from Italy), so there will be some grammar and spelling errors.

#5  February 07, 2022, 04:24:15 pm
    • Italy
Oh and if you're wondering the repetitive lines, that was meant to be transitions from a picture to another, while still keeping the text until the next scene.