YesNoOk

King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile) (Read 930319 times)

Started by lui, October 21, 2019, 11:25:49 am
Share this topic:
Re: King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile)
#801  August 31, 2021, 04:35:46 pm
    • Netherlands
feel like FES units are slowly becoming the new Gold.

At this point almost all new characters are either SS or BS.

It seems like all KOF's popular/iconic characters are getting the SS treatment from now on to make sure

these characters are relevant meta wise.

FES is indeed saturated, anything not FES can be considered trash (metawise).

As others have already stated, last time anything Gold was relevant meta wise was Kazuya.

And tbh, certain (older) FES characters already feel pretty weak.
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#802  September 14, 2021, 03:34:24 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
https://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/5/54916

False Orochi dungeon returns and this time, it rewards coins for a new summon pool for FES memories.  Since the Marie Rose worked "so good", they are bringing it back for more chances to redeem these coins.

3 new 6* Set Cards focusing on Team Kyogenryu will be launched with this update.

Gonna be a while until the next major update so this filler will do.
#803  September 22, 2021, 03:11:39 pm
#804  September 22, 2021, 04:09:40 pm
Goenitz and Clone Zero, or red Saiki, Magaki ?

God damn, the Phantom Zero fight is so busted. Finally beat it with a bonus CP level around 20 in all stats and Karate (with Shingo's burn card), BSOZero and Signature Kyo. CP for each between 95k and 125k. Good luck beating that with 01 OZero in the team, see you in a couple months for that.

Edit - memories for the Phantom units being limited to 1 per month with a currency that we can't farm yet is super shitty.

Ah, maybe
||
V
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 05:29:55 pm by Byakko
#805  September 22, 2021, 05:12:26 pm
Gonna make a guess and say BS Orochi Leona and BS Orochi Iori as October will mark the 2nd anniversary of Global and these two units were the very first FES of its class at launch so it would make sense for them to be the focus.

I don't expect Saiki or Magaki to get the FES+ treatment anytime soon.
#806  September 23, 2021, 03:28:17 pm
https://forum.netmarble.com/kofg_en/view/4/55146

Welp, Boss Goenitz and Boss Leona (not Orochi for some reason) are the next to be added in October.  Interesting they made Goenitz a Red Attack class.

Guess this means Boss Orochi forms may still be a thing in the future.
Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 03:33:54 pm by Kirishima
#807  September 23, 2021, 06:57:56 pm
[Leona Heidern] who shed her memories and emotions after entering a blood frenzy.
Sounds like they want Orochi Leona but without the crazy.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#808  September 25, 2021, 12:07:29 am

Preview of Bloodynitz with the ability to cast a vortex of blood just from the first attack of his basic move instead of from his specials.  Not-Orochi Boss Leona can summon orbs around her that will stun on hit.
#809  September 27, 2021, 08:24:56 pm
    • Netherlands
New trailer

"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#810  September 29, 2021, 05:20:04 pm
New event has started that includes a dice event yet for some reason Netmarble intentionally blocked dice gain so you are limited to 3 rolls for some reason.

The new rush dungeon finally is based on the '03 route that also has KUSANAGI and Mukai as bosses.

Earlier I said how Bloodynitz can now summon a whirlwind barrier from basics, that is in fact from his Skill 3.
#811  September 29, 2021, 08:31:39 pm
Leona has the atk + power charge leader skill for BS characters.
#812  October 13, 2021, 05:20:48 am

The latest dev video (I miss you, Ruby King) showcased the results from the recent "buff these FES but still have them die to FES+" polls.

~Nameless is the top voted in all regions to either get a major overhaul in his kit, or be discarded entirely in favor for an upcoming SS variant in which he will get prioritize to promote the '02 story but that is just my guess.  Amongst the others include Ash, Mukai, and Rock Howard who desperately needs something to stand out.

Buffs include Hyper Armor, DoT damage increase which would benefit Ash, and adjusting hitboxes and animations that would improve Mukai.  Alongside these top picks, esrly FES+ characters will be buffed to keep up with the meta such as Omega Rugal '95 and Boss Orochi.

Halloween event has all but confirmed and certain Halloween themed units will be buffed.

Finally, while a date has not been announced, more Lady fighters (genderbent males) and units that debuted from Ash Saga are set to appear soon.
#813  October 13, 2021, 12:47:51 pm
and certain Halloween themed units will be buffed.
Yeah, just Alice and Chris - they get a much easier time applying their special effect (extra damage and petrify). None of the gold units are getting anything, even though the Halloween shop will sell a gold Halloween unit selector.

On the other FES buffs - in Chapter of Fight, I've been having the most trouble with yellow units keeping up with CP (I do not want to run the clock doing 0 damage all the time). I wish Saiki and LOZero got upgrades for that, they're great but they've become virtually unusable. And somehow, Honoka and Krizalid refuse to pass the 100k CP bar whatever I give them with 4 lv10 stones, only my Kyo got there.
#814  October 13, 2021, 01:03:51 pm
One extra way to further boost Combat Power is equipping cards that focus on increasing Critical Damage just to squeeze in more of that boost.  Some cards include Holiday Kasumi Option Card, Tekken Set Cards, etc.
#815  October 14, 2021, 06:25:43 pm
Well the team relay event where you can only play Halloween units is some bullshit. No one is going to max any of this trash, let alone 6 of them.
#816  October 14, 2021, 06:40:26 pm
Yea this one is a doozy.  Doesn't help that not all of them are even viable.

To make things worse, you gotta have the following:

•Both FES Halloween units at complete max stats including 6* FES Set cards, Imprint Stones all at +10 (at best the Gold HP ones as the ATT Poison and Darkness are hard to come by), and 447 in capsule stats.  They made things slightly forgiving with unit selectors for free.
•Kula's 3PG from her SS banner, the one with K' involved.  This also includes giving every resource to Halloween Kula to even get her damage going.  You could try the other 3PG card but it pales in comparison to her SS one.

Halloween Angel as the leader can increase critical damage to 50% but this requires you to have at least a maxed out power hitter to get the full benefits.  Thankfully you don't need to max her out.

Halloween Heidern is the 3rd Purple Halloween unit with Chris as the leader but aside from Bleed DoT, he doesn't have much going on.

This would have been a good chance to release something like FES Halloween Shingo that gives a Power Charge increase to Halloween units, but alas.  Also wish Alice has a 3PG card with the Power Charge buff she gained.
Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 06:45:37 pm by Kirishima
#817  October 14, 2021, 06:42:05 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
I didn't really expect new KOF HW fighters, seeing NM's toning down on seasonals.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#818  October 15, 2021, 01:10:35 am
Turns out that team relay was a big troll and his HP bar is in the billions but you only need to deal 10% damage to get all the rewards. It's still tough to get the Halloween units decent enough to get there, but it's manageable, you don't need everyone at 5* and you can avoid splurging on stones that you're basically tossing down the trash (just lv3 to 5 stones and 3*~4* awakening is enough if you temporarily give them your strong card sets). It does need some fine tuning and a few tries.
Chris leading team purple and Kula with the SS special card is a must, yeah (control Chris so that he doesn't whiff all his supers by a mile, and take out Heidern's 5pg card because it can't grab the boss but his base super can). The rest is playing around with Angel, Alice and anyone else until you hit the spot.

And then just hope they never try that shit again.
Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 01:20:42 am by Byakko
#819  October 15, 2021, 09:29:28 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
That is still a shitton of resources you have to spend on mediocre units for one event.
#820  October 15, 2021, 01:56:56 pm
It's really just two and those are FES Halloween Chris/Alice for they at least have some niche down the road (Alice with Poison DoT vs Geese Raid with weakness to Poison, Halloween Chris with Power Charge Leadership if you don't have SS Athena).  If you don't have SS Kula's 3PG, unfortunately need some resources for Halloween Kula to make up for it as well as her other 6* cards.  At least with Freeze, she can also be an asset to Freeze-weak Relay Boss if you don't have SS Kula.

Don't bother with Imprint Stones for Heidern and just put any card that boosts his attack and Bleed DoT in general.  Halloween Angel is only good for leadership even at low level so also don't give her anything.

After going through the event, it turns out you don't really need Gold stones for anyone and at best Silver stones works (for at least they can be Unpaired) even the Yellow Square Imprint that boost Power Charge you can get in the current Halloween Rush Dungeon works.
Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 02:01:51 pm by Kirishima