YesNoOk

Mickey O'Neil (Read 3124 times)

Started by CpnCrossfader, October 20, 2021, 02:22:08 PM
Share this topic:
Re: Mickey O'Neil
#21  October 27, 2021, 10:11:14 AM
    • UK
Thank you, that's nice of you to say so. Please don't feel like I'm fishing for compliments or want people to beg me not to go or anything lol.
I'm not really angry or anything, I just don't want to go through this each time I post a new character.
Love to all
#22  October 27, 2021, 01:45:10 PM
You shouldn’t let anyone stop you from sharing stuff because they expressed feedback a certain way. Just continue to do what you were already doing and taking the notable parts out the response.

This is the best Mugen forum to get real feedback though. Most the other forums aren’t gonna point out bugs and just gonna have ppl saying thanks for the character. You gotta have thick skin to share your work here.

I’m more a fan of Marvel/DC characters more than the Pots stuff but most the comic creators don’t post their work here because they can’t handle the way feedback is given here.

I’ve seen ppl give constructive feedback but word it like, “Jesus Christ! Did you even take the time to debug flood? The hit boxes are horrible! The frankenspriting needs MUCH work” but then hit you with “I see potential here.. you should…” so yeah, you gotta read through HOW it’s given and take notes of what’s really being pointed out
#23  October 27, 2021, 02:22:15 PM
    • UK
Thanks, I understand that, and I do value the useful points that have been given. The whole "give something to other people but make sure you have thick skin" is not really for me though, I think. I guess in my head, if someone provides something for free, that didn't exist before and they wouldn't have had it otherwise, however bad it is, I'd be grateful for them taking time to share it and create it. Sure I'd provide feedback if they asked for it, but I'd do it in a respectful objective way. If I simply didn't like something as a matter of personal preference; the style, or the art, or the concept.. I wouldn't necessary assume that a stranger wanted to hear that and I'd just keep it to myself.

As I've said before, these characters I create are already in my own private game which I'm happy with. I'm not sharing them as WIPs to get advice, I'm mostly sharing them in case anyone might find them useful to try to pay back for all of the cool stuff I've got from other people. It's more "I like this, hope you do too" rather than "please roast my work", although obviously I try to fix any actual bugs that I missed.

Anyway, I'm sure people don't want to see me keeping bumping this topic to the top, I think I've explained myself by now- I understand that people think and talk differently.
Thanks again for the support.
#24  October 27, 2021, 02:51:06 PM
I don’t think they’re intentionally trying to roast your work. You’re in a realm of your own with the characters you choose to create. I personally always check your releases. I feel like there’s enough Ryus, Akumas, Kens, out there. It’s a breath of fresh air to get Mandalorian, Indiana Jones, etc. the feedback will only improve them. I added them to my roster. I say keep doing what you were doing and updating them. I’m sure I’m not the only one that downloaded and kept them