YesNoOk

Characters (Read 113873 times)

Started by FeLo_Llop, April 02, 2014, 10:53:23 am

DW

Re: Characters
#21  April 02, 2014, 03:06:22 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
If this project starts making progress I'd be willing to commission some sfex characters. It's been forever but the three I'd like most would be Garuda, D Dark, and the kimono chick (I forget her name, looks like kasumi from kof (Hokoto?))

Meet me halfway. (Except for D.Dark...)
#22  April 02, 2014, 03:32:24 pm
Chun-Li's description is incomplete compared to everyone else. Anyone's conversion we're going to use and was CS done on her? (I can do the latter if that hasn't been started)

Also, I don't think Zangief is "mandatory," but the game would feel like something's missing without him (unless Sagat is taking the huge man slot and Alex is the token grappler).

Actually pretty unique. Don't know if I want to say the same about her sis though, unless they both have some differences in their style (Haven't played SF: EX 2 for a long while).

I'd love to have Hokuto included, but priorities. :(
Her sister is Nanase; she uses that power-pole thing (don't remember her moves too well, but I know she was quite different from Billy Kane).
Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 03:36:04 pm by Niitris
#23  April 02, 2014, 05:16:52 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I do think that the fight list(sagas-bosses) is long. I don't know if there's a way to do speciffic-fight in mugen, but I think it's, by the moment, impossible(Ryu-Sagat/ Chunners-Dictator, etc). I somewhere read that it could be possible with a HUGE .sff which involves all those characters' sprites...but that's BIG enough to crash most of mugens, so, not an option.

The character list that I put is a BASIC thinkg, maybe for a short beta...Don't worry if you can' find whoever character at it ;)

About Chun Li :P. Sheet complete by Capcom, FeLo_Llop, Viofitz, TMasta(?), etc. It's as Jmorhpman's topic :P (also, he forgot my name in the read-me T_T!!)
I swear there was something cool here!!
#24  April 02, 2014, 07:29:55 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Thanks for the answer Fel.

Also.. Just another question, will there be some sort of a "boss tier" characters per SF series? You know, Sagat, Dictator, Rolento, Gill etc. to be assigned as either hidden or unselectable AI characters? (Perhaps they have separate, unplayable AI only versions that are quite powerful and some of them got exclusive CPU moves etc.)
Yes, so far the idea is to go through a multitude of bosses. Some will have ai only perks.
Boss order would be fight some SF1 character then Sagat
 Fight SFA characters then fight Bison
 fight some SF2 characters then Balrog, Vega, Sagat, Bison, Akuma
fight SF4 characters then Seth
fight SF3 characters then Gill
afterwards maybe Pandora
While the boss gauntlet idea is cool it definitely presents length issues

I think its better if you randomize between SF1, SF2, SF2 for sub-boss, and then SF4, SF3 or even randomize between the two of them for final boss.

Also have you guys considered Skullo or Kairi in this since they have complete sffs/sheets
#25  April 02, 2014, 07:40:39 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Skullo is great but I am not sure if the Kairi sprites are quite on par.
#26  April 02, 2014, 07:43:21 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Decapre needs to be in, we just need a spriter to
re sprite her claw and her attacks.

Skullo is a must!
Seth also!
#27  April 02, 2014, 07:49:27 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Maybe CvS the Abstract will be done with Kairi before we get to a point we want him in. I figure once the template is finished the characters will go in an order of priority. The way I have it imagined in my head multiple users could work on several parts of pretty much any character while the main focus chars are in the works.

As for the boss length. I guess I'm the only person that enjoyed playing KOF in single all mode. I like fighting every character in a game so that list of boss fights wouldn't be too lengthy for me. It'd be simple to cut bosses down. Sagat - Bison - Seth - Gill. Put a few other characters between each boss fight from their respective series and you have a much shorter arcade mode run.
#28  April 02, 2014, 07:51:24 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Decapre is a bad character and would be a bad inclusion, we don't need to add her just because she's 'new' and the hotness right now.
#29  April 02, 2014, 07:54:57 pm
  • Emotionally and Mentally Exhausted
  • Heheh, so that's the deal!
    • USA
    • nigelbkny@gmail.com
    • Skype - nega_ridley75
Well he do has a point, Decapre looks a nearly similar to Cammy and she wears a mask to cover her face. It's kinda a bit too easy or maybe a bit hard but it could happen in the future.
#30  April 02, 2014, 07:57:09 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Wouldn't be the toughest to do. But all her new specials and potential new basics/poses would have to be sprited as well. I don't think there is any SF character not being considered from SF1-4 and EX. It's just that she would probably be like a really low priority made after a really good cast was already going strong.
#31  April 02, 2014, 08:24:17 pm
Decapre is super easy to do. I did a palete for PotS' Killer Bee with the looks of her. There's the problem with the "spikes" in her legs, since I wanted to put her panties in a different tone.

About the SF1 characters, I thought speciffically in Lee and Geki, having even a movement list with chains and etc. But prioirty are those who have their sprites finished(CvS, SF3, SFZ, etc).
#32  April 02, 2014, 08:43:06 pm
Felo, are you sure Armentis converted Alex in CvS style? I can't find it anywhere on his deviantart...
#33  April 02, 2014, 08:54:29 pm
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
It was a color reduced set of SF3's Alex. If it counts, some of the spec ops chars do this as well (power gear/alex, andore jr/hugo, g project/urien). They even cut anim frames in some cases to match the CvS/Alpha frame count.
#34  April 02, 2014, 08:56:45 pm
Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 12:10:32 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#35  April 02, 2014, 09:03:25 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
I am down for Decapre or another doll I think it would be cool to have that option but I agree there are way better choices. Would be cool tho
Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 09:37:01 pm by Umezono
#36  April 03, 2014, 03:51:25 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
About Chun Li :P. Sheet complete by Capcom, FeLo_Llop, Viofitz, TMasta(?), etc. It's as Jmorhpman's topic :P (also, he forgot my name in the read-me T_T!!)
No I didn't! >:[

- FeLo_Llop for sprite edits
#37  April 03, 2014, 11:16:58 am
  • Wandering....
Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 11:20:50 am by The Shakunetsu
#38  April 03, 2014, 11:25:03 am
Please, don't request characters to be done. The PRIORITY now are those who have their sheets finished. Not wishlists of characters.
#39  April 03, 2014, 11:29:45 am
  • Wandering....
ok dude just add them as references in case for other stuff.
#40  April 04, 2014, 01:41:50 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?