YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17393674 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle (And sprite fight animations)
#2661  September 30, 2021, 07:58:04 am
    • Germany
the whole thing with Reverse Flash being compared to Goku Black's Multi Universal Strength is dumb,He  got fuckin killed by Dr.Manhattan in comics,Its just a weird take,they like literally picked up oldest feat he had or sth

Yea the thing is Reverse Flash died, but got better... like he always freaking does. Ö_Ö
#2662  October 04, 2021, 11:33:30 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Macho, Macho Man

Interesting take to fold all of his film and TV roles like Bonesaw in Spider-Man and Rasslor in Dexter's Lab into the overall canon of Randy Savage.  This ep is gonna be goofy as hell and I'm here for it.
#2663  October 05, 2021, 02:46:55 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Huh.  Not that it matters at all in the joke episode like this, but that is weird.  The blue guy he was voicing in Justice Friends wasn't portraying Hulk Hogan as in the wrestling persona.  It was a parody.  A bit different than the other joke episode with Chuck Norris using the animated show about him specifically.

Mostly it's weird because I'm absolutely sure without having to go over every Hulk Hogan parody out there over the many years that they contradict each other in some way.

But like I said, it doesn't really matter so whatever makes it funnier I suppose.
#2664  October 07, 2021, 02:48:25 pm
    • USA
Cool Whip Man

That is a lot more lore than I was expecting there to be,
#2665  October 08, 2021, 04:51:34 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA

When it comes to characters that are essentially advertisements for a product, there's no official 'canon' to follow.. so they can get away with a lot of things. Kool-Aid Man is no exception.

Here's a character most known for running through walls (Thanks, Family Guy) and now, outside of that, you learn that he is basically a Kool-Aid Wizard that fights aliens.

Either way, this fight ought to be the most fun one in a long time.
#2666  October 09, 2021, 12:09:40 am
    • USA
Kool-Aid Man's silly tie-in comic line reminds me of those Hostess fruit pie ads you'd find in comics all the time years ago.  So now I kinda want something like this to be the cause of the fight/end result.

Also thanks for the flashback to early OotS.
#2667  October 11, 2021, 08:20:49 pm
    • USA

The DB Lore runs deep in this one.

Next match is Dio Brando vs Alucard from Hellsing.  Thematically the matchup makes sense;  two vampires known for extreme cruelty and violence.  Feels like Alucard would take the win easy, though.   One of his trademarks is allowing his opponents to inflict massive, fatal wounds on him just to prove that he can regenerate from it like it was nothing.  He's shrugged off way bigger stuff than anything Dio's ever dished out.
#2668  October 11, 2021, 08:43:45 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
This seems like one of the hugest stomps in the history of the show, so much that I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing

Alucard before the end had to be killed once for every life he absorbed which measured in the thousands and after the end probably can no longer be killed at all and fights with bullets made to specifically kill vampires

Stopping time for 10 seconds isn't doing anything against that

Should have sent out their stronger beasts, sent out their Diavolos, their Funny Valentines, their Puccis

Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#2669  October 11, 2021, 08:54:28 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I have no knowledge about Jojo but doesnt Dio have some Divine Op ass form,I dont know if they will include it,but could change things
#2670  October 11, 2021, 09:03:27 pm
    • USA
No.  Pucci had some insane OP shit he got from messing around with Dio's remains, but that was far above anything Dio himself ever demonstrated.  Unless they bring in that non-canon Ascended Dio form from Eyes of Heaven, which I still don't recall having anything that could beat Alucard.
#2671  October 11, 2021, 09:45:41 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#2672  October 12, 2021, 04:30:32 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Next match is Dio Brando vs Alucard from Hellsing.  Thematically the matchup makes sense;  two vampires known for extreme cruelty and violence.  Feels like Alucard would take the win easy, though.   One of his trademarks is allowing his opponents to inflict massive, fatal wounds on him just to prove that he can regenerate from it like it was nothing.  He's shrugged off way bigger stuff than anything Dio's ever dished out.

Well In case people forgot but it seems Villians have the worst luck when they face heroes/protagonists in DB

ya, I'm given this to Alucard based on that alone
#2673  October 12, 2021, 05:09:37 am
    • USA
Melty Blood's and Tsukihime's recent reboots make me realize that an Alucard/Arcueid match would have been a whole lot more sense than Dio.  But oh well, you get what you get.

Never cared about Jojo, followed Helsing up until, I dunno, the aircraft carrier with the werewolves or priests or whatever it was early on years ago, so I can't contribute much beyond hearsay.  Hearsay says Dio can't even keep up with Alucard, never mind follow his ten-step program on killing him.

If you say he has a specific number of deaths needed to kill him off for good through a loophole though, I can see Death Battle dragging out the fight by getting Dio close to however many thousands needed between all his various ways to kill during repeatedly spammed time stops.  Just a shot in the dark how they'd approach it though.
#2674  October 12, 2021, 06:15:34 am
    • Canada
    • nanasarpong30655@gmail.com

Well In case people forgot but it seems Villians have the worst luck when they face heroes/protagonists in DB

True, the only time I can think where the villian kills a hero is Hulk vs Doomsday. Maybe one half of broly if you count Z. Wow Hulk lost every Death battle he's been in so far.
#2675  October 18, 2021, 07:02:07 pm
    • USA
Ronnie James

#2676  October 18, 2021, 11:53:07 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA

Wait, wait, wait.. Dio somehow got himself involved in the new timeline??

Is there nothing he can't do???
#2677  October 20, 2021, 10:54:41 pm
    • USA
Dracula

#2678  October 21, 2021, 12:29:04 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Them mentioning Alucard's true form isn't made of blood seems like them laying to rest the only argument I've been seeing for Dio

But hey I've been surprised before
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#2679  October 21, 2021, 02:30:33 pm
another dio vs alucard? isn't it already obvious who;'ll win?

i want battles with no obvious winners like tserreidnich vs diavolo or misaka vs magneto.
#2680  October 21, 2021, 05:03:22 pm
    • USA
The more I think about it, there literally is no circumstance where Dio can win.  To actually kill Alucard he would have to be able to kill every single life Alucard ever absorbed, and he would have to be able to do so all within the span of a single night before the sun rose and killed him.  And killing all of Alucard's lives is such a massive task that it took Alucard himself 30 years to do it.

Even without considering differences in strength, speed, or skill, Alucard could just sit there and let Dio do whatever he wanted until the night was over and the sun kills him.