YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17368294 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle (And sprite fight animations)
#2681  October 25, 2021, 04:02:36 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#2682  October 25, 2021, 05:49:04 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
They went with the wrong Alucard. Adrian Farenheit Tepes would make for a less one sided match up.
#2683  October 25, 2021, 07:34:47 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA

Episode's out now.

Neat.  My assumption of how it would play out logically without seeing either series in any extended sense was actually what they ended up doing.

Next episode is Akuma versus Shao Khan.  That's....not Kenpachi.  Or Asura.  What gives?  Oh well I guess, that match has history with the show as well I guess.  Um, I'd guess unless they count Asura's Wrath as canon, Shao Khan takes it fairly easily, especially if they consider Shang Tsung's lesser soul steal ability a viable strategy against Akuma.  Taking Asura's Wrath into account though you got Oni drop kicking the moon without much effort and Shao never physically showed anything on that level of strength or speed.  If they count Asura' Wrath and still give Shao the win, it'd have to be on account of his more oddball abilities Akuma has no defense against.
#2684  October 25, 2021, 08:24:48 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I kinda feel like soul steal aint gonna be a vital thing,SFV Story Mode thingy of Kage literally has conversations of Kage(Satsui) and Akuma and how Akuma is keepin Satsui from takin over,
wouldnt this qualify as some sort of resistance to soul manipulation?
#2685  October 25, 2021, 10:10:12 pm
  • Was it something I said?
Well, color my surprised on the outcome this time!

Also, is this a sort of revenge thing going on for both fighters the next time? Is this because Akuma killed Shang Tsung, while Shao Kahn killed M. Bison?
#2686  October 25, 2021, 10:16:39 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
#2687  October 25, 2021, 11:31:40 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Akuma vs Shao Kahn might be interesting especially since they're going to have to recalculate both fighrers feats anyway. I figure the fight will be determined by how likely Akuma can land the SGS.
#2688  October 25, 2021, 11:42:19 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
If they depressingly include Oni, at best it'll be the Udon version where it was just a much more enhanced Shin Akuma and is incapable of doing any ludicrous feats from Asura's Wrath, where he will just endlessly tank everything Shao Kang throws.  Honestly, Oni would just be overkill in general.

Although Liu Kang's Ki-enhanced fist was enough to deal a fatal blow to Shao Kahn, Akuma's own fist can split the ground with Sekia Kuretsuha, and this is not just in his Shin Form.  Add that same energy with Raging Demon once Shao Kahn is at a fatique state.
#2689  October 26, 2021, 12:57:01 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Well, that fight ended up differently then I thought.. Guess it helps that the kind of moves and skills that Dio has is nothing Alucard has seen before and Dio could basically run the clock out, so to speak.

The next fight is possibly one sided, but there is new material for both fighters since their last fights (Akuma was in Season 1 and Shao Kahn was in Season 2) so there is a chance Shao Kahn could do something, but I don't know if he can.
#2690  October 26, 2021, 02:36:18 am
    • Brazil
Akuma vs Shao Kahn might be interesting especially since they're going to have to recalculate both fighrers feats anyway. I figure the fight will be determined by how likely Akuma can land the SGS.
I wish them good luck on calculating Shao Kahn, considering how much of a disaster MK's story became. The consistency on the characters' power is completely random.
#2691  October 26, 2021, 03:10:34 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Mulling it over a bit, two things come to mind.  One, we know Shao Kahn destroyed multiple "realms" in MK's history, more-or-less equivalent to other planets that have their own dimensions.  But what exactly qualifies "destroyed"?  I haven't played any MK stories in a while, so I'm trying to remember if we've ever actually seen the guy actually blow up any planets with his own two hands and/or hammer.  Supposedly he could being juiced up on the souls of each and every individual on those planets, that's KINDA what the original game's stories are about, but even being the big End Boss until MK11 supremely neutered him, I still don't think Shao Khan is exactly planetary by the viewable feats in game?  I also can't imagine he'd, you know, WANT to.   He's Shao Khan the Konqueror, not the Destroyer.  He wants to rule these planets, being his endgoal.  Otherwise the case would be he'd be so way above not just Raiden but probably all the Elder Gods as well, if Elder God status goes to someone as low on the totem poll of gods as that Mother Earth character from MK11.  We then have the problem of MK11's new big End Boss Kronika being so far above the others as to be manipulating the whole universe to her whim, that then that MK scaling gets thrown out the window.  Especially with Liu Kang's plot armor still letting him beat Kronika in the end anyways.

Two, I haven't played SFV so I'm in the dark what new lore and whatnot has happened with Akuma, but previous incarnations I'm left to imagine the Shun Goku Satsu won't do much to Shao Kahn if Gen is anything to go off of.  If the enemy can't guard their soul and are guilty of sin then yeah, it's an instakill, but Shao Khan's whole deal is soul mastery.  If Bison could freaking do it, Shao Khan should have no issue pulling off the same.  Where that could differ is if SFV changed how it works or if Oni's ampt up Satsui no Hado junk is any different.  And those I just don't know.
#2692  October 26, 2021, 03:24:06 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
It's kind of a toss-up on this next match.  On the one hand, DB's previous calculations for Mortal Kombatants would indicate their staggering levels of violence don't typically equate to high levels of power.  On the other hand, Akuma is the reigning world champ of failing to actually kill people.
#2693  October 26, 2021, 05:00:20 am
    • Mexico
Imagine being an animator just animating some clouds and a laser, having no idea that six years later some nerds would take the random speed at which you animated the clouds to be literal speed and use that to calculate how strong a character is for their dumb fight show.
#2694  October 26, 2021, 10:40:00 am
    • Puerto Rico
Mulling it over a bit, two things come to mind.  One, we know Shao Kahn destroyed multiple "realms" in MK's history, more-or-less equivalent to other planets that have their own dimensions.  But what exactly qualifies "destroyed"?  I haven't played any MK stories in a while, so I'm trying to remember if we've ever actually seen the guy actually blow up any planets with his own two hands and/or hammer.  Supposedly he could being juiced up on the souls of each and every individual on those planets, that's KINDA what the original game's stories are about, but even being the big End Boss until MK11 supremely neutered him, I still don't think Shao Khan is exactly planetary by the viewable feats in game?  I also can't imagine he'd, you know, WANT to.   He's Shao Khan the Konqueror, not the Destroyer.  He wants to rule these planets, being his endgoal.  Otherwise the case would be he'd be so way above not just Raiden but probably all the Elder Gods as well, if Elder God status goes to someone as low on the totem poll of gods as that Mother Earth character from MK11.  We then have the problem of MK11's new big End Boss Kronika being so far above the others as to be manipulating the whole universe to her whim, that then that MK scaling gets thrown out the window.  Especially with Liu Kang's plot armor still letting him beat Kronika in the end anyways.

Two, I haven't played SFV so I'm in the dark what new lore and whatnot has happened with Akuma, but previous incarnations I'm left to imagine the Shun Goku Satsu won't do much to Shao Kahn if Gen is anything to go off of.  If the enemy can't guard their soul and are guilty of sin then yeah, it's an instakill, but Shao Khan's whole deal is soul mastery.  If Bison could freaking do it, Shao Khan should have no issue pulling off the same.  Where that could differ is if SFV changed how it works or if Oni's ampt up Satsui no Hado junk is any different.  And those I just don't know.
Shao is a conqueror first and foremost. He likely "destroyed" a realm by conquering it, stealing every resource he could get from said realm and then killing off anybody that was useless to him and stealing the souls of everyone he deemed worthless. I doubt he would even bother to have an army if he could do it all himself.

Gen surviving was cause he "emptied his soul" which I guess is just fancy talk for he removed his soul temporarily. Gouken supposedly did something similar to just end in a coma. As for Bison himself, you can make the argument that he used his psycho power to survive as much as you can make the same argument that he took the full brunt of the SGS and just soul transferred to a new body.
#2695  October 31, 2021, 07:24:59 pm
    • USA
Gouki

#2696  November 01, 2021, 12:46:55 am
    • USA
Surprised they didn't mention anything about Oni in that.. maybe they're saving that for the full video next week (or maybe Oni is considered non-canon and, therefore, cannot be used in Death Battle).
#2697  November 03, 2021, 11:41:33 pm
    • USA
Shokan

#2698  November 04, 2021, 12:21:29 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
(or maybe Oni is considered non-canon and, therefore, cannot be used in Death Battle).
Pretty much.  Even in SFV, there has never been a case where Akuma can fully morph to Oni at will outside as a secret boss and the only time where Oni even showcased his full power not as a playable character is at another Capcom game where power scaling just rocketed to ludicrous heights and that incarnation of Oni curbstombs Shao Kahn.

Udon Oni is another other version but his appearence is brief and apprently can be neutralized by Gill's ki for reasons.
#2699  November 04, 2021, 04:21:41 am
    • USA
Oh, the version of Oni that appears as a special boss in Asura's Wrath. Yeah, that's not going to happen..

I would like to think that experience comes to play here and Shao Kahn has that in spades considering he has been fighting for far, far, far longer the Akuma has. Although.. doesn't the Shun Goku Statsu kill your soul? That would be like kryptonite to a character who is stronger because of the souls he has absorbed. That might be the trump card for Akuma.
#2700  November 04, 2021, 10:11:18 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Oni is supposed to be a what if version of Akuma. Akuma's story is that he has mastered and learned to control the Satsui no Hadou. Oni is what happens when he loses control of it.