YesNoOk

ClayFighter comes to MUGEN!! (T-Hoppy, Klaymen and HoboCop for 2024!!) (Read 3035961 times)

Started by Basara Lapis, April 16, 2010, 04:25:09 pm
Share this topic:
Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (BSG and EWJ released! Seeing the next one)
#161  March 01, 2019, 04:22:42 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
Tiny with a mix of his own moves and Butch's moves would be cool to see. then again having Butch as an alternate mode would be a good idea too and something to build on when it comes to the other evil clones being alternate modes for the rest of the CF2 cast.
Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (BSG and EWJ released! Seeing the next one)
#162  March 01, 2019, 09:19:59 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I agree, but by now I prefer the former version, a mix of moves to make a more complete character. And for the ones who were already in 63 1/3, to make the clones, in this case make Ice and Slyck with 63 1/3 gameplay would be great ;)

Well, to remember what I've to do, this is the list to do for the updates for Jim and BSG:

Both chars:
-Damper damage in attacks, especially in the combo system
Earthworm Jim:
-See the bug on Cow From Sky (with chars that haven't the 7689 anim)
-Maybe try to add the Squeeze Claytality
Blue Suede Goo:
-Avoid the infinites, see if I should add more sprites to moves or make a higher velocity on the hitdef
-Also see what happens with those "unguardable" kicks he has, that's strange, maybe it has to do with the above

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (Possible new char? Stay cool...)
#163  March 05, 2019, 03:32:11 pm
    • Chile
Hi guys, I was seeing who would be the next 63 1/3 character to make. first i was seeing how to make Boogerman and Bad Mr. Frosty experimenting with sprites, then I thought it could be a good idea to adapt some already made CF chars to this system (like Lord Sinistro's Helga), then I tried Metasponge64's Ice and what I found was a deep deception, he and Frosty they're crap chars (KFM spriteswaps with few sounds from CF2 and bad ripped sprites). I got angry with this "adaptation", so... then an idea was born and I think it goes too far until now.

tl;dr... could be this maybe my next project??
Spoiler: Find out here (click to see content)

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 04:43:39 pm by Basara Suede Goo
Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (Which Boogerman should I make? Let's vote!)
#164  March 07, 2019, 05:02:14 pm
    • Chile
Well, I was experimenting with Boogerman to bring you for MUGEN, but I was in a disjuntive about which kind of sprite should I use for him. So, I made a poll so you can help me here. These are the options:

Option 1: Untouched sprites (directly ripped from spritesheet) with MUGEN 1.2X scale
This was unthinkable for me, but after seeing how good it looks Ice with this method, I prefer to ask you better, maybe could be faster than make edition of the sprites IMO. Also, this was the way other 63 1/3 chars has been made for MUGEN (like Some Guy's Kung Pow, DrKelexo's Jim, Xandegraf's "chars" (of doubtful quality) , etc)

Option 2: Edited sprites (manual resize and retouch with image editors) as I did with Jim
The classic way and the one used to get all the sprites Jim needed for a more complete version, it's a simple edition of resize sheet sprites (200% then 63%) + retouch with bright/contrast (this can be ditched since these sprites looks brighter than Jim's) + manual cleaning of pixels and a palette.

Also, here's a comparision of sizes:

Edited sprite (sizable for normal MUGEN chars) vs. ripped sprite (smaller than the media but sharper)

So, I'm undecided now, so I made this poll (for 20 days) so you can help me with Boogerman. The decision you take probably I'll use for the booger eater so he can be converted to MUGEN during this year (and I hope during these months). That's all, let's vote!!

Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 05:05:31 pm by Basara Suede Goo
Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (Which Boogerman should I make? Let's vote!)
#165  March 08, 2019, 02:23:46 pm
    • Chile
Hi guys, I wanted to say that Blue Suede Goo and Earthworm Jim has been updated today!! Thanks to all who gave me feedback in the thread, the most important updates are the damage has been dampered so now both chars don't take a lot of life as before, and also i made a special CMD for MUGEN1.0+

And... I put Ice as official WIP in my website, with shots and everything. And about him, now he has all basics, so now I can start with his punches and kicks and specials of course. I hope to get you new screenshots during these weeks (or if I can get the time, maybe finish him before march ends, that would be great)

#166  March 10, 2019, 11:34:16 pm
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
ah damn. can't wait for Ice, Boogerman, and Bad Mister Frosty to come out soon.
#167  March 11, 2019, 08:14:55 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
I suggest the second option bro, you did a great job with Jim in that way. :)
#168  March 13, 2019, 06:10:10 pm
    • Chile
Well, it seems the option 2 is winning until now, but I said 20 days, and maybe the votation can change...

However, I've been advancing on Ice, he has all punches and kick and now he has his CF2 voice thanks to @N.: so now it doesn't sound like Blue Suede Goo XD
I got some of his specials coded and ready to kick ass, as well his common 63 1/3 moves (Overhead Attack, Launcher and Combo Opener). So, this is the moveset he'll have for MUGEN:
  • Snowball:+ charge B, F + punch
  • Stay Cool (Aerial Snowball): charge D, U + kick
  • Blizzard (snow projectile):* D, DF, F + punch
  • Rising Ice:+* charge D, U + punch
  • Sneaky Punch:* D, DB, B + punch
* = coded and ready
+ = borrowed from C2 Frosty (Ice also has Snowball but with HCB command, the charge command is from Frosty)

I'm thinking in the supers he'll have, I got some ideas, but that will be seen soon, as well the Claytalities and the combo system. Also, I'll need help with sprites, you can read the details in this thread ;)

#169  March 14, 2019, 08:04:17 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
ah nice move set for Ice. Can't wait to see him in action.
Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (New Ice screenshots! See the last page!)
#170  March 19, 2019, 10:29:49 pm
    • Chile
OK, got you new screenshots for Ice for the things I already made on him:

First of all, his first move coded, Blizzard, which is throwing a snowball as projectile instead the kick uppercut Frosty made in 63 1/3 of the same name

Here's his anti-air move until now, Rising Ice, taking directly from C2 Frosty and using it in this screenshot to smash Xandegraf's Frosty (uuuggh, those sprites, my god)

Also borrowed from Frosty, here's one of the 3 supers I'm making for him: Ice Breath. For Frosty, this is his projectile move instead of Ice's Blizzard, but in this case was made as a hyper move with a bigger ball that makes more damage, of course

And this is the second super I made for him: Sneaky Combo. The Sneaky Punch move is about running to the enemy and give him a punch when he's close. Here's more than one (like 5 of them) and all with a nice afterimage for him. Looks great in game, if you ask me :)

Only need the Snowball sprites to make the other moves for him (the normal one, the diagonal one (Stay Cool) and the super one) and we're ready with his moves. Also he has the Launcher, Overhead Attack, Combo Breaker (Rising Ice) and Combo Starter (a dashing kick) moves ready, not in the pics... and also I'm trying to make his first Claytality, it's something difficult, but I'm trying to make it right now. Also seeing how will be his moves for the combo system, Insane Combos included, but I think I won't release him during march as I thought, probably in april, I hope so...

Re: ClayFighter 63 1/3 comes to MUGEN!! (Ice now has video preview!)
#171  March 23, 2019, 05:00:08 am
    • Chile
Now Ice has a video preview!!
Here against the other C2 snowmen by Metasponge64 of inferior quality (both are KFM spriteswaps) but here you can see how Ice works. I'm still working in the combo system (for some reason doesn't recognizes it on Ice) and his first claytality, I hope to get at least the Snowball sprites to finish his specials and supers and so finish him once for all

#172  March 25, 2019, 11:14:11 pm
    • Chile
I got news: I finally I can get Snowball sprites (in the end I've to rip them myself, luckily my emulator worked), so now has all his specials and supers (the 2 versions of Snowball and the super version). Now I'm working in the Combo System (I can't make to work the finishers yet, I don't know why) and adding all the sparks and messages, and finally make the claytalities. If I get some luck, maybe I can finish him during this week, if not then for april :P

And well, left 2 days for the end of the poll, but since in 2 days won't change the votation, the ed sprites won over the scaled ones. So, let's start to make the edited ones for Frosty and Boogerman then!! Probaly in the next wmonth you'll have news for both ;)

#173  March 26, 2019, 12:08:59 am
  • What's a title
  • Novice M.U.G.E.N. creator
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/rmaster007smugensite/
The video won't upload. Can you upload it to YouTube instead?
Spriting is harder than I thought.
#174  March 27, 2019, 04:52:59 pm
    • Chile
Sorry, I don't have a good relationship with YouTube (they put me down videos by copyright in the past) so I won't do it. But, I repaired the Dailymotion link, now it can be seen ;)

Also, more news: ICE'S CLAYTALITIES ARE READY!! (well, one of them, the other has the too-much-time bug but I'm still working on it), he now has all the sparks from 63 1/3 added and finally I can make work the combo system. Now starting to see the Insane Combos and I'll be ready to release Ice!! As I said to you before, I can't reach it this week, so the release will be in april for sure ;)

#175  March 29, 2019, 12:17:07 am
  • IRYO = I respect your opinion
  • IRYO If you don’t like things I like.
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/n00b12slab/
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#176  March 29, 2019, 11:05:18 am
  • What's a title
  • Novice M.U.G.E.N. creator
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/rmaster007smugensite/
Spriting is harder than I thought.
#177  March 29, 2019, 11:47:50 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Both of you get a room

n00b I'm pretty sure you've been warned for posting random irrelevant stuff in the past. Cut it out.
#178  March 30, 2019, 02:37:41 am
    • Chile
Yes, please. Thanks OG ;)

Well, still stuck with one of the Claytalities that has the same problem I had before: the claytality is done and appears the phrase an applause, but continues for a while until the "Claytality!" message and appaluses appear again. Damn, I can't find the mistake here and I'm pretty sure I solved that in Jim and BSG by mistake too :???:

However, the combo system works great now, so I'm gonna work on the Insane Combos first and after that I'll try to solve the claytality problem again..., wait some news during the next week ;) this weekend I'll be busy with my real life so I don't think I can finish Ice this week at least.

Aaaannd, I'm going to start Boogerman and Bad Mr. Frosty with the sprite modification, also you'll know about that during april ;) thanks to all who voted in the poll BTW

#179  April 01, 2019, 04:30:00 pm
  • YOU WILL BE UPGRADED
  • YOU WILL BE LIKE US
Congrats for the release bro, can't wait to see Ice and Frosty to be done (I can help you with the laatter if you want)
#180  April 01, 2019, 07:59:11 pm
    • Chile
Good to see you in the forum bro, try to look up the Help forums so you can learn more about MUGEN ;)

By the way, I made a surprise release today, take a look!! :D (yes, it's related to CF, that's why I posted here)