YesNoOk

Ikemen GO (Read 1221824 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO
#1541  April 03, 2020, 04:28:33 am
    • Canada
I've been messing around with Ikemen for a bit and it seems very cool. Is Zoom functional in it though? because I watched the how ikemen part on zoom and went into the options.lua and I set it to true and absolutI us3ely nothing changed. I tested out stages that would zoom in 1.1b and nothing happened

I was looking for this too. It was removed from the options in the default screenpack (I believe should be implimented again at some point). You can find the zoom settings in the config.json file.
#1542  April 05, 2020, 11:30:29 pm
    • USA
How would I add a normal MUGEN screenpack to Ikemen?
#1543  April 08, 2020, 05:27:23 am
How i did it(used add004 btw), make a folder with all the screenpack files in the data folder, then went to Config.json in the save folder, opened it with notepad+ and went to "motif" and linked it to my screenpack system file.

Also i have a few Basic questions mostly about music i need to ask if anyone would be willing to help me. If this was said before i apologize im new here.

1. So how exactly do you set music to loop points in the select file and not the stage file? I tried; stages/kfm.def,music=sound/Spaceport.mp3 bgmloopstart=158950  bgmloopend= 935353 and music wont play, then i tried putting a comma to separate the music and the looppoints, and the music plays but no loop, WHich is confusing because it says in the def that the looppoints can follow, separated by spaces, but if i separate the song file from the looppoints by putting spaces the song refuses to play, only if a comma separates them.
So how exactly do i set up the loop points in the select.def?

2. Also how do i do multiple music files for one stage?

3. Could i get a possible explanation of how to use stage attached chars and maps? i tried looking around and im not seeing much.

4. This is out of curiosity mostly, but with this stage attached char would i be able to add Sound effects to stages? Like say forest ambiance on a stage without sacrificing music? if so could i have an explanation of how to do so? I'd love to implement this but have no idea if it can and how.

Thank you! and loving Ikemen so far. Really excited to see its growth in the future. You guys are doing a spendid job.
#1544  April 09, 2020, 07:45:56 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
So about 1.
I do not know, maybe K4thos could give light on this.

Currently there is no way to do multiple music files for one stage (I think)

Ikemen GO has docs there will be a map explanation.
https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen_GO/wiki

Short version.
To set up a map:
Code:
[State 125]
type = MapSet
trigger1 = 1
map = "Test"
value = 42

To read a map:
Code:
[State 125]
type = RoundTimeSet
trigger1 = map(Test) = 42
value = 99

Yes. a stage attached char works just like a stage sound included. So technically you can also play sounds.
I'll make a tutorial about it.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#1545  April 09, 2020, 08:25:53 am
Id love to experiment more with maps since limited variables often bother me, and variable heavy characters barley had any left lol. Thank you! I look forward To seeing the tutorial for stage attached char as i have a lot of ideas for ambiance that i scraped years ago due to having to sacrifice music to do so. And ill use the normal stages music function till im more informed about the music situation. Appreciate the assistance! maybe K4thos can inform me more on the music?
Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 08:30:48 am by Artemithis
#1546  April 09, 2020, 12:16:25 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Currently there is no way to do multiple music files for one stage (I think)

Not via the stage's .def, but you can do it via select.def in the [ExtraStages] section by specifying a music parameter (or multiple) as part of the stage declaration.
Code:
stages/mybg.def, music=sound/song.mp3, music=sound/song2.mp3

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#1547  April 09, 2020, 04:41:45 pm
Oh thanks! Say i wanted two songs on one stage and have there own unique loop points so they loop properly what would i add to loop both of these songs?
#1548  April 09, 2020, 06:14:27 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
So after some test the BGM loops on select.def are made like this.
Code:
music=<song> bgmVolume bgmLoopStart bgmLoopEnd
A example:
Code:
stages/stage0.def, music=sound/song.mp3 100 213 321

Remider:
bgmVolume = 100 is 100% (Deafult) volume.
255 makes so the music haves 255% of volume, in most cases 255% volume is very very loud.
#1549  April 09, 2020, 10:38:17 pm
Thanks man your a lifesaver. was seriously starting to frustrate me lol. Now I will wait for an attached stage tutorial. Spent literal days trying to figure out the music loop. lol
#1550  April 10, 2020, 04:54:11 am
    • USA
Oh yeah, I forgot we have looping music settings...... but I'm sooo lazy doing on all the music...... oh well, I will just have to do it when I feel like it
#1551  April 12, 2020, 06:39:17 pm
    • Mexico
I see there is an option to make the portraits move on the VS screen, but I have a problem.
With the following data, the portrait will move 200 px on the +X axis (Right) for p1.
P1.c1.slide.speed = 50, 0
P1.c1.slide.dist = 200, 0

For p2 I set the speed in negative so that it moves in -X, but the portrait never stops.
P2.c1.slide.speed = -50, 0
P2.c1.slide.dist = 200, 0

When the portrait moves to the left, it does not respect the limit distance, how would this be done?
Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 10:06:22 pm by Krosx
#1552  April 14, 2020, 08:15:52 pm
    • Russia
    • farengeit-mugen.blogspot.com
Is it possible to add in ikemen MaxPowerMode? In mugen 1.1, it was enabled by pressing Ctrl+Shift+F3 or entering "maxpowermode" in the mugen console. Sometimes this is necessary for debugging (especially if you can run this mode from the command line - for example, "ikemen_go -p1 kfm -p2 kfm -maxpowermode").
#1553  April 15, 2020, 10:14:57 am
  • I do things...I guess.
    • Mexico
This is an idea kind of based on the "extra/alternate slots for characters" stuff, but would it be possible to add some sort of "palette/skin selection" feature?

Like, you pick a character and then the screenpack shows something like "Palette < 01 >" with maybe a colored square(s) next to the number and a preview animation of the palette. The colors of the squares would obviously have to be assigned by the user (unless there's a code that picks by default 2 colors from a character's palette, I dunno).

As for the "skin" part, it wouldn't necessarily be an actual skin feature (as that would be incompatible with various characters), but instead it would choose a different def file assigned to the character assigned to the slot, to give a "faux" skin feature. It could be renamed to anything like "Mode", "Style", "Skin" depending on what configuration the user does with the screenpack.

Something like what SFV does:

Also, quick button mapping settings on the character select screen would be useful idea, as people has different settings for their controls and its a hassle to exit the versus mode, go to the settings, select button settings, bla bla bla.
Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 10:24:08 am by RaitoADV
#1554  April 23, 2020, 07:54:21 am
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
Just tried IKEMEN GO recently. I know that previous ikemen versions allow you to take out team modes but in ikemen go, the method on how to do so seems different. Is there a way for me to take out some of the team modes for ikemen go? I want to take out simul mode at least
#1555  April 23, 2020, 09:59:55 am
    • USA
I  dont know why, but some State -2 stuff, such as WinKO and etc are completely ignored in Ikemen Go. Stuff like this:

Code:
[State -2, HyperComboFinish]
type = PlaySnd
triggerall = roundstate >= 2
trigger1 = WinKo && !var(32)
trigger1 = stateno != 3201
value = 9000,0
ignorehitpause = 1

[State 9020, PlaySnd]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 = fvar(9)=12
value = 9000,4
ignorehitpause = 1

[State -2, HyperComboFinish]
type = Pause
trigger1 = stateno != 3201
time = 17
ignorehitpause = 1

[State -2,KO]
type = Varadd
trigger1 = roundstate = 3
ignorehitpause = 1
var(32) = 1

I dont know why but any help would be appreciated. I'm pretty sure this all worked normally in Mugen 1.0
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#1556  April 26, 2020, 03:52:24 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
I don't have 1.1 chars, so I just downloaded one for testing and man ... Does the lifebar portrait share the color palette? Naisu!! :gouki:
It would be great if this were possible on the versus and win screen, but if it is complicated to implement, at least on the win screen. For fullgames this would be a great addition.
Keep rocking.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1557  April 27, 2020, 10:05:59 pm
    • USA
Wait. How do I add004 lifebars to Ikemen GO?
#1558  April 28, 2020, 11:06:53 am
  • Known as Frax elsewhere
    • UK
"A warrior knows that an angel and a demon contend the hand that wields the sword. Says the demon : 《You shall fall. You will not find the right moment. You are scared.》 Says the angel : 《You shall fall. You will not find the right moment. You are scared.》The warrior is surprised. They both said the same thing. Then the demon continues : 《Let me help you.》 And the angel says : 《I will help you》. Now, the warrior perceives the difference. The words are the same, but the allies are different. Thus he chooses the hand of his angel.
- Paulo Coelho, "Manual do guerreiro da luz"
#1559  April 29, 2020, 05:19:19 am
    • Mexico
Just tried IKEMEN GO recently. I know that previous ikemen versions allow you to take out team modes but in ikemen go, the method on how to do so seems different. Is there a way for me to take out some of the team modes for ikemen go? I want to take out simul mode at least

To disable those modes in the selection screen menu, just go to "System.def" and in the "[Select Info]" section leave blank the part corresponding to the name of the mode you want to disable, something like this:

Teammenu.itemname.single = "SINGLE"
Teammenu.itemname.simul =
Teammenu.itemname.tag = "TAG"
Teammenu.itemname.turns = "TURNS"
Teammenu.itemname.ratio = "RATIO"

Simul is disable.
Leaving it blank should be enough for it not to appear in the menu, thats how i do it.
#1560  April 30, 2020, 05:49:24 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia