YesNoOk

MvC2 Hitboxes (Read 825 times)

Started by Tony DrewLo, June 09, 2012, 02:22:58 am
Share this topic:
MvC2 Hitboxes
#1  June 09, 2012, 02:22:58 am
    • USA
Not exactly sure where to post this, but is there a way to find hitboxes from MvC2?
Re: MvC2 Hitboxes
#2  June 09, 2012, 02:36:18 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Capcom most likely hasn't actually changed them since the older games, so you can get SOME of them from older games. Only the MvC2 specific characters are unfindable. FBA:RR will get you access to LUA scripts that run over the top and display hitboxes of CPS2 stuff. So that gets you darkstalkers, SF, and the Vs games so you can get ALMOST everyone.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#3  June 09, 2012, 02:39:58 am
    • USA
My reason for asking was for MvC2 specific characters. I know about the LUA scripts. Thanks for answering my question though.
#4  June 09, 2012, 02:43:14 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
So that gets you darkstalkers, SF, and the Vs games so you can get ALMOST everyone.
I know the SF characters had theirs modified (usually to make the attack hitboxes bigger) so for characters like Guile who only made a Versus appearance in MvC2 you'll have to adjust their original hitboxes.

I assume the same applies to the DS characters.
#5  June 09, 2012, 02:52:26 am
    • USA
I know the SF characters had theirs modified (usually to make the attack hitboxes bigger) so for characters like Guile who only made a Versus appearance in MvC2 you'll have to adjust their original hitboxes.

I assume the same applies to the DS characters.
Good to know, thanks.