YesNoOk

Laggy Matches (Read 1542 times)

Started by Tanky Blobbit, February 26, 2020, 08:34:03 pm
Share this topic:
Laggy Matches
#1  February 26, 2020, 08:34:03 pm
  • Rabbit + Fantasy Blob = Blobbit with very high DEF
    • USA
I've had this issue for awhile but i'm kinda getting annoyed by it recently.

I use moku's characters like Applejack and Rarity for example. With Rarity by herself against other characters, the game is smooth for the most part. But if I use more than one of moku's characters on screen, the game will become a nearly unplayable fast moving slideshow, especially when I record with fraps.
Re: Laggy Matches
#2  February 27, 2020, 09:42:23 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Don't know what is causing the lag, but I can say fraps is very laggy, I really recommend using another software to record. I use OBS and works great.
Edit: Oh, and I remember a friend of mine having lag issues with my characters, exactly like you said, only happening if there were 2 of my characters against each other. He fixed it by changing his screenpack. Try using the characters in a fresh (empty) copy of MUGEN and see if the lag persists.
Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 09:47:35 am by DeathScythe
#3  February 27, 2020, 07:59:21 pm
    • USA
I'm using The Climax Sacrifice SP and it's one of the fastest loading screenpacks I've used. So I emptied it to just the main 6. And it sorta works, it'll cap down to 25 fps and still do a 6 second stutter every 13 seconds.

And I just tried OBS, I don't know what settings to use. Every time I tinker with it and hit record, it comes out with bad audio sync and worst fps than fraps even though when recording with obs the framerate LOOKS fine.  The funny thing is fraps file sizes are huge when recording, but it's frame rates are at least trying to stay consistent. On my end at least. I have a really low end pc. Like it has a hard time trying run games in the unity engine.
#4  February 27, 2020, 08:30:14 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 It also could be a flaw in the character's coding itself. Commonly, calling out too many helpers and explods that don't go away and just linger for the rest of the game will do horrible stuff to the gameplay speed.

Another cause is running too many apps in the background.
#5  February 27, 2020, 09:04:24 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Its most likely your PC being unable to handle the helper/explods.
#6  February 27, 2020, 09:36:23 pm
    • USA
I guess it's the helper/explods thing cuz I make sure mugen is the only thing running when I start it. (With the exception of recording software of course). I lack the knowledge to know how they work so I can make small edits.