YesNoOk

Torrents (Read 25497 times)

Started by Python9109, October 20, 2007, 02:13:02 am
Share this topic:
Torrents
#1  October 20, 2007, 02:13:02 am
I've been finding some supposedly good pre-made mugen games, but their all in the form of torrents.  I don't have a problem downloading them or anything, I just don't know what to do with them =(.  Can anyone plz help?  I have no clue.
Re: Torrents
#2  October 20, 2007, 02:47:03 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#3  October 20, 2007, 02:51:27 am
  • Don't Piss me off - HAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!
I've been finding some supposedly good pre-made mugen games, but their all in the form of torrents.  I don't have a problem downloading them or anything, I just don't know what to do with them =(.  Can anyone plz help?  I have no clue.

maybe you should read the rules
Sloths. Unlike monkeys they are not like mankind. They are far greater.
#4  October 20, 2007, 02:58:47 am
I did..... what'd I do wrong?
#5  October 20, 2007, 03:14:07 am
i always thought that warez and torrents are pretty much the same thing. correct me if im wrong but they are both illegal and according to the rules you cannot talk about warez. If anything that im saying is wrong please correct me
#6  October 20, 2007, 03:18:19 am
We don't support torrent shits. Why don't you go to each individual author's site and download and set up the characters/stages yourself.
#7  October 20, 2007, 03:55:48 am
I've been doing that, but I didn't like the inconsistancy(spelling) and balance problems.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that torrent authors balanced things a bit.  Also, why is it illegal?  I'm not buying anything...
#8  October 20, 2007, 04:16:25 am
  • If only I had my rainbow star back -_-
    • www.myspace.com/honest_luke
I've been doing that, but I didn't like the inconsistancy(spelling) and balance problems.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that torrent authors balanced things a bit.  Also, why is it illegal?  I'm not buying anything...
So in other words, you are lazy? If you don't even know how to work torrents, you're not even worthy of being a successful leecher. Stop being a lazy fuck and download chars normally like everyone else.
It's true that if you own a PS3 then all arguments made by those who don't have one are invalid.
#9  October 20, 2007, 04:28:55 am
OMG, you need to calm down. 
#10  October 20, 2007, 05:12:03 am
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/

...torrents of 'pre=made' mugens are extremely inconsistant and unbalanced: all they are are collections of random characters

better off downloading the characters you want individually

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********
#11  October 20, 2007, 05:15:49 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
Not to mention that people who make those torrents always include the same crappy characters everyone knows and have.
#12  October 20, 2007, 05:33:49 am
  • I never really was on your side.
    • www.mugenguild.com/~davidgee
So in other words, you are lazy? If you don't even know how to work torrents, you're not even worthy of being a successful leecher.

Hahaha, way to encourage people to be interested in Mugen. The fact is that downloading lots of files from a bunch of shitty sites and then putting the files where they need to be is a lot of work. Downloading a torrent is not. And I'm certain that few people know what a torrent is. It's as if you think that not being an Internet addict makes someone deplorable.

Stop being a lazy fuck and download chars normally like everyone else.

Not to mention that people who make those torrents always include the same crappy characters everyone knows and have.

Wow, humanity sure has changed if they've all memorized what Mugen characters there are. o_O

As for the topic at hand... it's not clear what the problem is. I use uTorrent to download torrents. Then the files you downloaded are in the folder you specified. Are you saying that you don't know how to use Windows Explorer?
#13  October 20, 2007, 05:42:35 am
  • If only I had my rainbow star back -_-
    • www.myspace.com/honest_luke
So in other words, you are lazy? If you don't even know how to work torrents, you're not even worthy of being a successful leecher.

Hahaha, way to encourage people to be interested in Mugen. The fact is that downloading lots of files from a bunch of shitty sites and then putting the files where they need to be is a lot of work. Downloading a torrent is not. And I'm certain that few people know what a torrent is. It's as if you think that not being an Internet addict makes someone deplorable.

hehe  ;P

OMG, you need to calm down. 

That's what my therapist said, too. lol  jk  ::)
It's true that if you own a PS3 then all arguments made by those who don't have one are invalid.
#14  October 20, 2007, 06:28:56 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
sry, but it looks like the ones who need to read the rules are other guys...

:-\

this kinda makes me sad, like all effort is just going to waste.
#15  October 20, 2007, 08:01:21 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
He's not asking how to get them at least.

I'm going to be helpful just to make some people possibly ashamed of their actions.

What's going wrong that you don't know what to do next. Should be a case of unzip and double click the .exe file.

They do have a minor point. Nothing in what you download is going to be balanced. It's going to be a mishmash of the authors favourites, will probably contain all reu's stuff and a few uber powerful chappies. Then some more low down and balanced stuff, then some absolute crap that most of us hate.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#16  October 20, 2007, 10:43:41 am
  • Snake Eater
    • mgmod.com/mugen/
Actually torrenting isn't illegal unless your downloading illegal files like music etc freeware torrenting and freeware games are open game.
Interactive Stage W.I.P Click Below

--------------

I give my life not for honor but for you
#17  October 20, 2007, 11:39:01 am
  • Weed......must have more weed.
    • dizzychaos.deviantart.com/
Seem like there are plenty of people left that doesn't seem to be loving the new rule I guess.  :S
But hey, at least the guy that downloading the ware could find rare character that he can't normally get  ;D
Weeeeeeeeed!!! GIMME MAH GODDAMN WEED!!!
#18  October 20, 2007, 12:03:28 pm
this is really out of hand....
#19  October 20, 2007, 04:20:26 pm
Thx to all those who made helpful replies.  Knowing what I now know, torrents don't sound as appealing.  I'm donwloading one now in utorrent just to check it out.  Thx all, problem solved
#20  October 20, 2007, 08:53:27 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#21  October 21, 2007, 08:20:36 am
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
If you do bother with a torrent, a point of advice: keep a vanilla install of mugen handy, and test each character one by one. You're bound to get a lot of cheap edits, really broken characters, or stuff that'll just crash mugen outright with torrents, and at least testing the stuff out will save you having to post a lot of questions as to why the compilation you downloaded is crashing.

Plus keep in mind torrents usually have about 50-60% characters that are outdated as they've been circulating around unchanged for the past few years (heck, sometimes including the Kung Fu Man character). You'll want to look around and see which might've been updated...currently, not many databases still stand, though Infinity Mugen Team has an alright one built into their forums for the time being.

Also, some of the stuff in there is bound to be stolen works, which were taboo here until certain staff members (read: about 6 or 7 people) decided to turn the whole damn world upside down on this forum and allow them. Consequently, some stuff you might ask questions about only to be informed it's stolen, and thus the vast majority won't help you. Don't be surprised by that, just understand that people generally have somewhere they're coming from with that stuff, so roll with the punches.

If you want a lot of downloadable stuff without fuss, check the site in my profile/sig in the hosted sections.
Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 08:35:07 am by Kung_Fu_Man
#22  October 21, 2007, 09:16:25 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Surprisingly I agree with most of that previous post except:

Consequently, some stuff you might ask questions about only to be informed it's stolen, and thus the vast majority won't help you.

The members of Randomselect and Trinitymugen aren't the vast majority unless I'm missing something. ???
#23  October 21, 2007, 09:18:46 am
  • My college nickname was bi pod
Surprisingly I agree with most of that previous post except:

Consequently, some stuff you might ask questions about only to be informed it's stolen, and thus the vast majority won't help you.

The members of Randomselect and Trinitymugen aren't the vast majority unless I'm missing something. ???

You would be surprised how many people outside TM and RS are against torrents and stolen stuff. =)
Welcome to Alu's world !! :D

#24  October 21, 2007, 10:40:54 am
#25  October 21, 2007, 11:37:52 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
oh yeah, let me count them ^-^
#26  October 21, 2007, 12:04:10 pm
  • My college nickname was bi pod

Welcome to Alu's world !! :D

Re: oh yeah, let me count them ^-^
#27  October 21, 2007, 12:53:17 pm

People resisting change has never been surprising. They tend to equate action taken and change of something they're accustomed to with catastrophe or the end (see here). It could be that many of the voters thought they were voting for the original theme/layout of the forum over the new one lol.
#28  October 21, 2007, 12:55:01 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
Or a single person making multiple accounts and voting with all of them just to prove his point.
#29  October 22, 2007, 07:53:19 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
I was going to pull up the old "should Hashimoto jump" poll from a year ago, but the thread is gone now. It's a bleeding shame, it was the perfect example of that idea. There were like 22 votes for "Yes" accumulated in over several hours, but then in about half an hour, the "No" mysteriously tied.
#30  October 22, 2007, 09:19:34 pm
I don't recall that: actually I sarcastically told you to make a poll, you did, and it went in your favor for the most part.

I just still told said poll to go to hell anyway though :P You didn't quite understand I wasn't saying "let's go to the voters", I was saying "just fucking drop it." You couldn't get that hint.
Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 09:24:28 pm by Kung_Fu_Man
#31  October 22, 2007, 09:35:44 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Well to quote you (or maybe it was Rabite, I forget), "People can't read sarcasm on the internet." Also, as far as that first part was, it did go mostly in my favor, but then there were assloads of votes all at once and you're like "Looks like people are supporting the non-jumping!"

Also yeah, that bit reminded me of that part in Death Note where Light sends a mob after Near right after Near said that the 13 day rule is a lie.
Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 09:39:32 pm by Jango Presley
#32  October 22, 2007, 11:40:31 pm
"With ignorance and arrogance, success is assured."
~Mark Twain
Sig by TempesT
#33  October 22, 2007, 11:50:48 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
LOLOL PRESIDENT BUSH JOKE AM I FUNNY GUYZ!?

No, because the idea of the entire world getting turned upside down because a forum for a dying bug-ridden Fighting Game engine decided to slacken its rules is much more funny.

Anyways, I think the idea of making a torrent with open source, good characters is a good idea but....

Yeah same here, although rapidshare sendspace downloads are much more efficient.

Also, I can't believe I forgot to respond to alucard_X's post. That poll is about people who oppose slackening rules, not people who download torrents and warehousing. Or at least I hope so, because otherwise, the concept is like Americans getting angry that they won their freedom after the Revolutionary War.

EDIT: Actually, maybe more like minorities getting angry that the Civil Rights Movement was a success.
Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 11:57:43 pm by Jango Presley
#34  October 23, 2007, 12:32:19 am
"With ignorance and arrogance, success is assured."
~Mark Twain
Sig by TempesT
#35  October 23, 2007, 02:03:30 am
It was, localized to boot. And kinda obvious too.
#36  October 23, 2007, 02:55:48 am
    • Germany
Also, some of the stuff in there is bound to be stolen works, which were taboo here until certain staff members (read: about 6 or 7 people) decided to turn the whole damn world upside down on this forum and allow them.

Your "whole damn world", dude.

It could be that many of the voters thought they were voting for the original theme/layout of the forum over the new one lol.

Haha, yeah, it was days until some people realized there was a change in policy to begin with :lugoi:
#37  October 23, 2007, 07:14:58 pm
  • Citizen Came
  • wtf is this hoktou shit
#38  October 23, 2007, 08:15:38 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA

Oh you mean like "to everyone's chagrin" and "left the building a long time ago" and...

By the way, if you're always saying stuff about how Guild "went to hell" or "turned the world upside down," why do you even bother to visit? It's not like you're going to get people to listen to your cause by talking like that.

The fact that µTorrent has a easter egg bonus game makes it superior to all other downloaders :3

What?! Okay, when I get home that's the first thing I'm looking for.
#39  October 24, 2007, 02:32:13 am
#40  October 24, 2007, 02:46:39 am
  • heh i create stages...
    • www.freewebs.com/nlck09

Oh you mean like "to everyone's chagrin" and "left the building a long time ago" and...

By the way, if you're always saying stuff about how Guild "went to hell" or "turned the world upside down," why do you even bother to visit? It's not like you're going to get people to listen to your cause by talking like that.

The fact that µTorrent has a easter egg bonus game makes it superior to all other downloaders :3

What?! Okay, when I get home that's the first thing I'm looking for.

hmmm i gotta find that lol.

L

#41  October 24, 2007, 05:00:51 pm
Torrents are not illegal unless used that way. You can download torrents of tons of free downloads.
Like mods for Half-Life 2, Battlefield 2. Yes it true people use torrents for illegal reason, but that doesn't mean every single torrent on the web is illegal. Regarding MUGEN, I would think it is. I'm still not too sure if WinMugen is illegal or not.

#42  October 24, 2007, 05:45:58 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
winmugen is illegal.
#43  October 24, 2007, 05:52:40 pm
game over
#44  October 24, 2007, 05:59:22 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Heh, what else is new?
#45  October 24, 2007, 08:13:35 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
your mom
#46  October 28, 2007, 03:11:06 am
  • Don't care if it's a sword or an egg, put it down!
    • www.youtube.com/profile?user=CandoraAuthes
Ohhhhhhh burn
The Answer to the Ultimate Question:

For rare M.U.G.E.N. characters, click here.
#47  October 28, 2007, 06:57:05 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/