YesNoOk

KOF Projectile Slowdown (Read 403 times)

Started by ~*Ishida-Uryuu*~, May 17, 2009, 03:05:30 am
Share this topic:
KOF Projectile Slowdown
#1  May 17, 2009, 03:05:30 am
  • DAT SAX
Simple question, what's the easiest way to accomplish this effect? You know, how in KOF when you hit with a projectile, time slows for a second or two. Searching brought up nothing useful, but I swear it's been asked before.

Any help?  ???

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
Re: KOF Projectile Slowdown
#2  May 17, 2009, 03:44:02 am
Pause triggered by movehit%2 && movehit < time the slowdown lasts ? Or something similar. The hitdef itself can't do it, so you use a method external to it. Pause triggered when the projectile hits. Slowdown is a short pause that happens in a fixed cycle.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#3  May 17, 2009, 03:49:27 am
  • Master of Vicodin
Ironmugen's code is pretty much perfect. Uses the above concept, though I'm not sure if it's exactly the same value. Some of Vans' characters uses it aswell (my King too :P).
#4  May 17, 2009, 04:09:32 am
though I'm not sure if it's exactly the same value
The %2 ? Yeah, that's just an example. %2 for one pause (that lasts one tick) every two ticks, %3 for one every three ticks etc. Just need to play with the values.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.