YesNoOk

Project Versus - New JUMP Superstars Game (Read 84217 times)

Started by DatKofGuy, December 12, 2012, 09:45:40 am
Share this topic:
Re: Project Versus - New JUMP Superstars Game
#21  December 14, 2012, 09:53:49 am
Ryuk doesn't fight. Why would he even fight ? He's intangible and he can kill you instantly.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#22  December 15, 2012, 10:24:40 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
was just an idea.. but now IIRC... Light can fight.. he did have a physical fight against L when they were cuffed together.
#23  December 15, 2012, 12:43:51 pm
That's totally comparable to Dragon Ball Z, Hokuto no Ken or Naruto.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#24  December 15, 2012, 07:49:34 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
well if capcom could make a fighter out of phoenix wright...
#25  December 15, 2012, 09:35:04 pm
In a game that was over-the-top insane and designed around making silly characters being able to face gods and cosmic horrors regardless of actual power or even fighting abilities. In itself, I could see a regular fighting game trying to make Light fight, but in this case, JSS/JUS has a perfectly sound assist/support system that makes a lot more sense for non-fighting characters to appear anyway, and this makes it irrelevant to try and force someone like Light to take on Kenshiro or Goku in a physical fight.
(in other words, Jesus Christ drop it already until we get a clearer view of the game and the cast)
Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 09:42:21 pm by DKDC
#26  December 16, 2012, 12:29:50 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
#27  December 16, 2012, 01:26:06 am
But is this actually a JSS-type game, it doesn't look like it so I don't know if the assist thing is applicable. Now if it were a traditional type of JSS/JUS game then I'd agree and I'd be drooling over this alot more too
#28  December 16, 2012, 01:39:50 am
Yeah, I'm making a rather big assumption here. But it's their best bet to feature as many characters from different series without having them actually fight (it worked fine in the JSS/JUS games), and it would be pretty bad to miss on that, for a game that's supposed to celebrate their anniversary they can't really afford to ditch all of the non-fighting-oriented series.
I'm not saying it should be the same system (character panels with assigned value), but a system with assist or support of any kind would be the simplest way to have as many characters as possible.
Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 01:43:02 am by DKDC
#29  December 16, 2012, 02:25:32 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
They should have those two kids from Bakuman as an assist where they show up and write your opponents out of the game and you win.
#30  December 16, 2012, 12:23:27 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
In a game that was over-the-top insane and designed around making silly characters being able to face gods and cosmic horrors regardless of actual power or even fighting abilities. In itself, I could see a regular fighting game trying to make Light fight, but in this case, JSS/JUS has a perfectly sound assist/support system that makes a lot more sense for non-fighting characters to appear anyway, and this makes it irrelevant to try and force someone like Light to take on Kenshiro or Goku in a physical fight.
(in other words, Jesus Christ drop it already until we get a clearer view of the game and the cast)

lolol. chill out guy. why so serious...
#31  December 16, 2012, 02:17:35 pm
Because try to count the number of posts you've made about it and how long it took to discuss something so dumb.
#32  December 16, 2012, 03:10:33 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
sigh...
#33  December 16, 2012, 05:46:57 pm
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
feels like an Upgraded version Battle Stadium D.O.N
#34  December 16, 2012, 07:16:18 pm
  • My common sense is tingling!
    • USA
    • youtube.com/mapleps3
#35  December 16, 2012, 10:27:32 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I hope you're wrong.
Battle Stadium D.O.N. was terrible.
#36  December 17, 2012, 05:18:55 am
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
yea i wish im wrong

true Battle Stadium D.O.N is  terrible

i hope they make it better this time
#37  December 17, 2012, 11:26:21 am
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/17/first-project-versus-j-screenshots-show-goku-luffy-and-toriko/
Couple screenshots better than the earlier magazine scans.
Judging from what little we see of the Goku model (we barely see his face) and even Toriko (the very visible texture on his pants in the shot with Luffy), it actually reminds me more of the Dragon Ball Zenkai game that was only released on Japanese arcade so far, at least on the visual side. Anyone knows if that system was well received after all ? I thought it was slow to be updated because they didn't know if the system would work. (I don't remember how the beams are like in Zenkai so I can't compare that though)
Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 11:33:15 am by DKDC
#38  December 17, 2012, 04:34:35 pm
I hate Tenkaichi style games so this won't be my cup of tea if that's the case. But if it's a different kind of an arena fighter then I may be able to dig it
#39  December 17, 2012, 04:47:47 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/17/first-project-versus-j-screenshots-show-goku-luffy-and-toriko/
Couple screenshots better than the earlier magazine scans.
Judging from what little we see of the Goku model (we barely see his face) and even Toriko (the very visible texture on his pants in the shot with Luffy), it actually reminds me more of the Dragon Ball Zenkai game that was only released on Japanese arcade so far, at least on the visual side. Anyone knows if that system was well received after all ? I thought it was slow to be updated because they didn't know if the system would work. (I don't remember how the beams are like in Zenkai so I can't compare that though)

Weird Siliconera is missing the screenshot with Naruto
#40  December 17, 2012, 04:58:28 pm
I hate Tenkaichi style games so this won't be my cup of tea if that's the case. But if it's a different kind of an arena fighter then I may be able to dig it
Zenkai isn't Tenkaichi. Plus, it wouldn't have maps as large without flight (the map we see so far is much more closed), among other tweaks to adapt to the non-DBZ characters.