YesNoOk

2022 Character Updates (Read 1206959 times)

Started by PotS, January 15, 2022, 10:28:50 am
Share this topic:
Re: 2022 Character Updates
#461  September 17, 2022, 06:43:17 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Have you thought about creating any new character you want?
I've thought about it, but haven't gone ahead with anything. I'd probably make something in a different style. In fact it's funny that, while I started several chars in other styles (MvC, KOF...), I only ever finished custom characters. I guess they were good learning experiences.

Hopefully not, I'd hate to see an entirely new POTS char from POTS himself limited to Ikemen.
As a 1.1 holdout, I appreciate the legacy updates, PotS!
@Macaulyn97 Just be supportive, dude. Not trying to start anything or give you false hope here, but he might still reconsider if you ask nicer lol
I think it'd probably be for Ikemen, yeah. While I don't need any of the new features to live, it is the future and just more interesting to work with. Plus that way I get to bug test the engine and contribute just a little.

A few things of note for Bison:

-If you glide over down/down forward in any way, even just slightly, when trying to do P.Crusher, you'll get P.Impact instead almost every time. I would suggest a half circle forward motion that isn't as easy and lenient as what you have now. I'm sure Impact has more command priority over Crusher as well, which only exacerbates this issue.
This never happens to me because I normally charge with DB, but I can see where you're coming from. It's probably not a big deal though because they're both similar horizontal moves, so getting one instead of the other isn't commiting suicide.
Giving Psycho Crusher more priority would make Psycho Impact unavailable while he has charge. Ideally Impact would just have a different input but I think HCF fits nicely.

-This may not be an issue anymore, though I want to note it just in case: P.Impact's first hit doesn't(didn't) put p2 in hitstun long enough for the second hit to connect at times. P2 can block it, even if hit by the first uppercut portion.
I think what used to happen was the first hit would push P2 just barely outside of the second's range sometimes. I went ahead and tweaked it further after reading this.

Thanks for the input.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.

DW

#462  September 17, 2022, 07:18:20 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I charge with DB as well. I apologize as what I was suggesting, well the way it was worded, kinda implies that I'm asking you to change it(the command itself). That's not the case:

Code:
[Command]
name = "41236p"
command = ~B, $D, F, x
time = 18

What I'm suggesting is that the HCF input not be this easy to perform. Instead of just "$D", I personally define my HCF/B's like this:

Code:
[command]
name = "HCF"
command = ~B, DB, $D, F
time = 28

The "DB" addition makes it so that you still have to do the Quarter Back Down for it to register, while the final QCF portion of the HCF is simplified with the "$D".
#463  September 19, 2022, 06:13:52 pm
    • Portugal
I apologize as what I was suggesting, well the way it was worded, kinda implies that I'm asking you to change it(the command itself).
Oh, I kind of suggested that myself. And it'd have been a valid suggestion, anyway, so no worries.

I think making the input harder is a bit double-edged, and I kind of dislike the idea of changing how inputs work for a single move, as I think that should be universal. So while I think you're 100% right in saying this input conflict should be addressed, I'm kind of going with personal preference on this one. At least for the time being. I could make it a DP motion in the Ikemen version since that's now free, but it doesn't feel like a DP move to me (and then you have a conflict with Warp anyway).

Curiously, if I were to shorten his movelist I'd start by removing Psycho Impact, as it deviates the most from what Bison's design is. But that'd be no fun and I like that he has access to good punishes even without charge. While I used to think Capcom wasted the move as a guard cancel in CvS2, nowadays I think I see why they do things like that.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#464  December 02, 2022, 12:21:23 am
  • PANTERA: VULGAR DISPLAY OF POWER
  • business as usual
    • New Zealand
>I recently return to M.U.G.E.N
>So does one of my favorite MUGEN youtubers ProjectLG
>I come back here after passing the time with some emulated FF:Disiddia 012 (and waiting for the site to come back srs I was wondering what happened ngl)
>Find out the absolute O.G, father of Rare Akuma himself Phantom.Of.The.Server returns

I feel it in the air gents, the next M.U.G.E.N Renaissance is upon is

Either that or I'm just being overly dramatic, but holy hell in a handbasket welcome back, king  :hyo:
"I'm the only genius in the whole fucking business." - Director of the cinematic adaptation of Postal
#465  December 03, 2022, 02:45:38 am
    • Mexico
Just a few small observations:

1.- In Morrigan the command finishing shower is inverted in the move list.

2.- Have you considered adding the air grab of mvsc, sexual embrance?

3.- The same adding zampa of vampire savior?.

4.- The Nash target combo described in the move list, must mark 2 hits?, I can not chain the sequence.

Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 02:54:01 am by xerf84
#466  December 03, 2022, 10:10:07 am
    • Portugal
I feel it in the air gents, the next M.U.G.E.N Renaissance is upon is

Either that or I'm just being overly dramatic, but holy hell in a handbasket welcome back, king  :hyo:
Thanks. And the Mugen renaissance is known as Ikemen. ;P

Just a few small observations:

1.- In Morrigan the command finishing shower is inverted in the move list.
Oh. It had that command at one point so I probably unconsciously wrote it like that.

2.- Have you considered adding the air grab of mvsc, sexual embrance?
This one is under consideration. I might, for the sake of completion. She's already so strong in the air though.

3.- The same adding zampa of vampire savior?.
This one will probably be in the next update. You mean pursuit by the way. Zampa is the specific name of Lei-Lei's pursuit.

4.- The Nash target combo described in the move list, must mark 2 hits?, I can not chain the sequence.
No it's just so you can sneak in an overhead on the opponent, like Guile can do in new games. In one of the updates I gave target combos to several chars, but some will be more useful than others (I think Nakoruru's is particularly strong).

Thanks again for the feedback.
#467  December 03, 2022, 08:15:46 pm
  • "I'm Bal... I'm Veg...*Sigh* Just call me 'Claw'."
Since this topic is still active, I might as well let you know:

I found a small error on Cammy's sprites, most likely from CAPCOM:

Group 250, Frame 1

This area is painted over as if it is a part of the arm, when it is not. The outline is already noticeable.

The right image should be the correct appearance.

Again, this is a small detail. Still, this is one of my favorite chars, and I end up having to fix it each time there is an update. ;D
"Remember kids; Curiosity created MUGEN!"

Check Out Cammy-Delta-Red-Development HERE
Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 08:20:11 pm by Tiger-Boy
#468  December 04, 2022, 08:48:36 am
    • Portugal
Thanks. :) And can't believe I missed that one when I separated the gloves right next to it.
#469  December 15, 2022, 08:24:48 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Maybe it's only me. But the Dan download link doesn't seem working.
This is fate.
#470  December 16, 2022, 09:39:38 am
    • Portugal
I'm not sure why that happens sometimes, but it's fixed. Thanks for the heads up.