YesNoOk

CvS Mario Sprites WIP (Read 34470 times)

Started by JoMillion, August 06, 2021, 05:57:09 am
Share this topic:
CvS Mario Sprites WIP
New #1  August 06, 2021, 05:57:09 am
    • USA
Hello, MFG! I've come to show you my WIP, a full set of CvS-styled sprites for Mario, as he appeared in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Spoiler: Completed Animations (click to see content)

His sprites are meant for a 6-button moveset, and I will try to either specify what normals from SSBB will be mapped to which MUGEN normal, or make original animations for them. I would appreciate any suggestions for potential original animations that I could create (for normals, specials, supers, winposes, etc.) I would also appreciate any feedback for the sprites and animations.
Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 05:37:06 pm by JoMillion
Re: CvS Mario Sprites WIP
#2  August 06, 2021, 06:51:23 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
These look REALLY good so far -- also, welcome to the site -- but my only issue is... the angle?

The sprites kinda look like Mario's been viewed from a partial bird's-eye angle, as opposed to "right out in front" like a typical CVS sprite.
#3  August 06, 2021, 07:39:32 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Thank you so much for trying to produce new custom Mario sprites, really like the warm shading and detail here. I hope these get plenty of use.

Moveset wise so he isn't just another Smash Mario, I would like to suggest use of more zany power ups for some attacks like the Hammer Suit from SMB3, Ice Flower, Double Cherry from 3D World, Builder Mario from Maker 2, or Rock Mario from Galaxy 2. Mario + Rabbids gives him plenty of arm cannons to use as well, and I would like to suggest the Mario & Luigi series as the bros, many special moves and items present a ton of possibility. Mario sports and Party games present a wide variety of possible winpose potential too.
#4  August 06, 2021, 07:51:18 am
    • USA
These look REALLY good so far -- also, welcome to the site -- but my only issue is... the angle?

The sprites kinda look like Mario's been viewed from a partial bird's-eye angle, as opposed to "right out in front" like a typical CVS sprite.
Thank you so much! I believe the angle is like that because the SSBB Mario for MUGEN that I used as a reference likely ripped the sprites from in-game screenshots using the "zoom" function Smash's training mode has, which has an angle similar to that. Because of how much I have done so far, I don't believe that I will change it, so I do apologize that the angle bothers you.

Thank you so much for trying to produce new custom Mario sprites, really like the warm shading and detail here. I hope these get plenty of use.

Moveset wise so he isn't just another Smash Mario, I would like to suggest use of more zany power ups for some attacks like the Hammer Suit from SMB3, Ice Flower, Double Cherry from 3D World, Builder Mario from Maker 2, or Rock Mario from Galaxy 2. Mario + Rabbids gives him plenty of arm cannons to use as well, and I would like to suggest the Mario & Luigi series as the bros, many special moves and items present a ton of possibility. Mario sports and Party games present a wide variety of possible winpose potential too.
Thank you, too! I like your suggestions and I am trying to plan out how I could work the appearances of Mario's powerups into the moveset. One particular instance of Mario in a fighting game I like that doesn't just copy his Smash moveset is his appearance in Bizarre Fighters, so I could take some inspiration from that.
Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 07:54:51 am by JoMillion
#5  August 06, 2021, 07:57:37 am
Mmm, Déjà vu. Good sprites though.
#6  August 06, 2021, 08:46:25 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I am very excited if you specifically point out Bizarre Fighters, it is my favorite custom take on Mario too.
#7  August 06, 2021, 06:46:46 pm
Those sprites remind me a lot of Cvsnb's Mario sprites he made a long time ago. :muh2:
#8  August 06, 2021, 07:39:33 pm
#9  August 06, 2021, 08:26:15 pm
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/

its not mine XD
#10  August 06, 2021, 08:57:04 pm
#11  August 06, 2021, 09:14:01 pm
    • USA

i cant control what the next person do. if he wanna make a cvs mario! that would be dope.
#12  August 06, 2021, 11:53:03 pm
    • USA
#13  August 08, 2021, 04:19:29 am
    • USA

Some of Mario's movement animations.
Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 03:20:38 am by JoMillion
#14  August 10, 2021, 06:34:34 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
Awesome
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#15  August 10, 2021, 08:36:37 am
    • USA
Quick question, once I get enough sprites made, would you guys be opposed to me releasing a palette template for Mario?
#16  August 14, 2021, 04:53:57 pm
    • USA
Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 03:45:32 pm by JoMillion
#17  August 14, 2021, 08:03:14 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

These animations are sick!! I love how all this looks!! Congratulations!

Quick question, once I get enough sprites made, would you guys be opposed to me releasing a palette template for Mario?

No one can oppose to it! Feel free to post a palete template, you'll surely receive a lot of help from people!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#18  August 14, 2021, 09:11:00 pm
    • USA

BEAUTIFUL!
#19  August 16, 2021, 11:35:24 pm
    • USA

It'll be a bit before I get all the necessary sprites ready for a template, so in the meantime I'll be posting some finished animations.
Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 03:59:12 am by JoMillion
#20  August 17, 2021, 04:16:22 pm
    • France
Nice CvS2 Mario Sprite