YesNoOk

How to make Chars use default Mugen Hitsparks? (Read 10026 times)

Started by argyone, March 29, 2022, 04:02:12 pm
Share this topic:
How to make Chars use default Mugen Hitsparks?
#1  March 29, 2022, 04:02:12 pm
  • AfroSamurai
  • Nothing personal. It’s just revenge.
    • Germany
So ive downloaded the Pots Hitsparks for default Mugen and i wondered i there is a simple solution to make all characters just use the default system hitsparks (in this case the freshly downloaded pots ones) without editing the characters.

Is there an Option to tell all characters to ignore custom ones and just use the system-ones ?

Thx :)
Re: How to make Chars use default Mugen Hitsparks?
#2  March 29, 2022, 04:47:56 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
As far as I know, you can't press a magic button that would automatically make all the characters you have use the same effect sprites found in your fightfx file.
Usually, removing the "s" in the hitspark value in your hitdef would make the character use fightfx's effects.
Re: How to make Chars use default Mugen Hitsparks?
#3  March 30, 2022, 05:01:16 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
The "simplest" way to do it would be to open a cns file in a text editor, use the 'Find' or 'Find & Replace' tool (shortcuts normally are Ctrl + F and Ctrl + H, respectfully), look for every line with "sparkno = s###" and then replace it's value with one of the default anims, like "sparkno = 3" for example. Or in cases where the custom spark is coded as a explod, change de value of this explod while putting a "f" right before the number, like "anim = f10" (this one doesn't work with helpers, though).

Then do the same for every other cns file. Yeah, that's the most reliable way of doing it, from what I know...