YesNoOk

Ryu Build 1 (SF1) (Read 72304 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, August 27, 2015, 03:44:35 pm
Ryu Build 1 (SF1)
#1  August 27, 2015, 03:44:35 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
So the way this game will be built is becoming more streamlined and will be in increments. This should make it simpler for users that want to hop aboard to help out. Help me baby step my way back into coding. And should create 1st build content faster.

The theme of the 1st build of a character will be Street Fighter 1.
This build will play more like SF2. The movement, CLSN, and most universal mechanics will still come from CVS2. But the build for the character will be based or inspired by SF2:WW.
This means there will be only 3 special attacks per character in this mode. No supers. Command basics count as a special attack.
The throw system will be done by using M/H P/K and will be instantaneous 1 tick.
Possibly going to use SF2's juggle system if I can make heads or tails of how @Felineki: coded his juggle system.

Any suggestions are welcome.

I'm sure you don't need to be told this but Ryu's special attacks are
Hadoken
Shoryuken
Tatsumaki

current sff
current air

Spoiler: 1st original post useless stuff (click to see content)
Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 06:19:59 am by Just No Point
Re: Ryu Build 1 (SF1)
#2  August 27, 2015, 04:03:28 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Sounds like a plan. Maybe post a list of what has been CSed up till now is a good idea.
This is a generic forum signature.
#3  August 27, 2015, 04:08:02 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I just started so I just finished the stance and stand turn animation. I'm working on the walk cycles now. Then I'll do crouching. Jumps, and start basic attacks. Get to work on the boring get hit animations Black Hatter :P
#4  August 27, 2015, 04:28:13 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I just started so I just finished the stance and stand turn animation. I'm working on the walk cycles now. Then I'll do crouching. Jumps, and start basic attacks. Get to work on the boring get hit animations Black Hatter :P

LOL, I wish I could help, but I have my own color separation problems. I can't get a palette template to work the way I want it to, so pretty much.... you get where I'm going with this.

EDIT: OK, as of this post, I'll be doing the following for Ryu:

-Get hits.
-Dashing/Rolling frames.
-Various pose frames (Intro, Time Over, CKO, taunts)
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 04:53:30 pm by Black Hatter
#5  August 27, 2015, 05:06:36 pm
Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:09:42 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#6  August 27, 2015, 05:10:41 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yep. Eyes and hair are new separation. Thanks Alex!
#7  August 27, 2015, 05:11:43 pm
I may do some specials now. :)
#8  August 27, 2015, 05:15:48 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yes they are indexed correctly. The hair is a slightly different black if that's what you're asking about.
I'm using PS so it makes the palette upside down. I have to reverse it when I put them in Fighter Factory.

Also realized POTS had SFA stance. So SF1 and SFA builds will have this stance :)
#9  August 27, 2015, 05:18:03 pm
Sorry about that.
#10  August 27, 2015, 05:18:38 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Why apologizing?
#11  August 27, 2015, 05:22:14 pm
Because you have to waste time on something I should do in the first place but I can't do with my tools. I know it's very little, but... ok, let's forget about that, I'll continue with the separation.
#12  August 27, 2015, 05:25:54 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Don't worry about it. For your sprites all I have to do is not check "reverse palette" if your palette is not how mine are. FF makes it simple.
#13  August 27, 2015, 06:27:04 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#14  August 27, 2015, 06:35:16 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Is he using the same sff? POTS? I see he even didn't separate the lighting on the glove. Like Varo Hades. Not that it's a big deal it just seems odd that it's again being left out.
#15  August 27, 2015, 07:22:11 pm
  • Hola
    • Chile
    • yiazmatomegavictorys.wix.com/mugenvictorys
I used the same color separated sprites as varo_hades, which is why that pixel from the gloves is also missing. The only difference between his separation and the one that I'm using is that I added an extra color for eye separation (just like you are doing it). I also color separated a few more animations that weren't present in the original SFF.

I can send you the SFF of both of my Ryus (normal and evil) if you want to check them out (I said both because they aren't exactly the same).

Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 07:34:12 pm by Víctorys
#16  August 27, 2015, 07:39:17 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Ah. Are you aware POTS misses sprites and has improper axis?

And sure. Your work might save us time. We can all work together to make this more accurate. I hate missing sprites! Plus we have a lot of edits that can be added in too.

I also color separated a few more animations that weren't present in the original SFF.
I missed the answer to my question right here lol
#17  August 27, 2015, 07:41:55 pm
So, do we wait before continuing?
#18  August 27, 2015, 08:31:30 pm
  • Hola
    • Chile
    • yiazmatomegavictorys.wix.com/mugenvictorys
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zva9wa16x1i8ewm/TunaRice.rar
They're SSF2 files and they share the same CS palette that I included there. I'm sure that some frames from his CVS sprites may still be missing but you can use whatever you want from there. Ignore the sprites from his FX by the way.

Also, I can color separate from scratch any Ryu sprite that would need it, you can just send them to me if you want to.

#19  August 27, 2015, 08:33:35 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#20  August 27, 2015, 09:33:35 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Just looking through this you have much more finished and it appears that you have the missing frame I'd found in the stance. PLUS your axis is correct!

This is is perfect! It's missing some sprites from POTS's/VaroHades pack like I noticed you don't have the SFA stance animation. Do you want me to do the color separations for stuff like that?

Or are you wanting to CS anything I may need? I mean it won't be hard to make the small tweaks needed for just the eyes here :P So it's up to you.

Otherwise with your permission I'll begin building SF1 Ryu using this sff. May have to rearrange some things to fit what I'd done already with the old air, cns, etc but it's still MUCH faster than how I was going to do it!

You're awesome @Víctorys: