YesNoOk

Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbone)(PS4)(PC) (Read 994598 times)

Started by Moon Girard, June 09, 2017, 04:33:13 pm
Share this topic:
Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbone)(PS4)(PC)
#1  June 09, 2017, 04:33:13 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
http://gematsu.com/2017/06/arc-system-works-developed-dragon-ball-fighters-announced-ps4-xbox-one-pc
Bandai Namco has announced Dragon Ball Fighters, a new 2.5D fighting game for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC developed by Arc System Works and due out worldwide in early 2018.

The game uses a three-versus-three team battle system, allowing players to determine the compatibility between characters and form a team of fighters. It will incorporate the “ultra high speed battles” and “flashy special moves” that the Dragon Ball series is known for.

According to producer Tomoko Hiroki, while Dragon Ball titles of recent years have been 3D, they chose 2.5D this time because there were some things that can only be done in that style. While it looks like 2D animation at first glance, it has a broader range of expression as they can shift camera angles and incorporate a lot of unique production not possible in 2D alone.

It should be noted that the press release for this announcement is dated June 12, meaning that Bandai Namco accidentally shared this information ahead of its official reveal. A backup of the press release is available here. The official Japanese website will be available here when the game is officially announced.

Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 12:57:01 am by Fubs
Re: Dragon Ball Fighters (Xbone)(PS4)(PC)
#2  June 09, 2017, 04:46:50 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Using that GG tech I see

I might actually play this one
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#3  June 09, 2017, 05:00:22 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#4  June 09, 2017, 05:15:50 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
The chars don't look overly shiny like they were dipped in baby oil. I will keep my eyes on this one.
#5  June 09, 2017, 05:35:12 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
>ArcSys making a DBZ game
Jesus fuck yes
I just hope they dont give it the Persona Arena treatment and casualize it as fuck
#6  June 09, 2017, 05:41:08 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
They're going to do exactly just that to lure in the DBZ kids.

Now the question is, are we seeing the next HnK/SBX or will DBZ finally have an actually balanced fighter?
Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 09:25:25 pm by Darkflare
#7  June 09, 2017, 06:45:37 pm
    • Peru
#8  June 09, 2017, 08:13:52 pm
  • SNK is life
lmFFFao why would anybody expect balance out of a Dragon Ball game
#9  June 09, 2017, 08:29:11 pm
Because there's a decent chance it's a Guilty Gear game.
but why would anybody expect balance out of a Guilty Gear game
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#10  June 09, 2017, 09:10:46 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Whatever happened to that Ultimax Arcade update thing

lui

#11  June 09, 2017, 11:37:43 pm
    • USA
ooooooooooooh fuck yes
#12  June 09, 2017, 11:50:25 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
So...DBZ MvC, with Injustice's clashing system, by the Guilty Gear team.

I'm down with that.  The preview pictures are your Z series usual suspects, nothing about Super there, but I'm willing to bet they're not going to skip it.  Though I wonder how far ahead into Super they'll be willing to reach for characters.  The universal tournament arc would be over by 2018, yeah?  Cabba, Caulifla and Kale would be fun additions.  Despite, you know, Saiyan overload in the roster.  Kale at least would get them out of needing the old movies, since people are going to want Broly.

Also fun to get sneak peaks at possible English voice actors for parts not coming up in the English dub for some time, like Xenoverse 2 provided.
#13  June 09, 2017, 11:54:45 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Did Hyper DBZ made Bandai Namco realize they're now competing with the fans?
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#14  June 10, 2017, 12:05:12 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Actually, I seem to recall after the first HDBZ trailer that took off and was trending for a bit, interviews with Namco about their next game (Was it Xenoverse 1 or 2?  I forget) brought it up and they've responded they've been taking note of it, but had no other response beyond that.  I guess while the Xenoverse games were complete fan service titles, they didn't get the reception they wanted.

Now that I think of it, it would be really amusing to see if their characters have any similar moves to the ones the Z2 team gave theirs, especially as they took their own inspiration from other previous DBZ games as well as numerous other fighters.  Plus Z2 spoiled me, I can't play 2D DBZ and not imagine their Gokus movesets.

lui

#15  June 10, 2017, 12:07:57 am
    • USA
there was an interview where Namco actually did comment on hdbz's rising popularity stating that they're glad that people appreciate the idea of a 2d dragonball fighting game
#16  June 10, 2017, 12:41:03 am
  • SNK is life
LINK OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN
#17  June 10, 2017, 12:53:38 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
I just googled it and use a translator.

http://www.podcast48.com/interview/japan-expo-15-interview-de-masayuki-hirano-dragon-ball-z-xenoverse.html

Récemment une initiative de fans a créé de toute pièce Hyper Dragon Ball Z, un prototype 2D. Pensez-vous que ce style de jeu a encore un avenir ?

Personnellement j’adore les jeux de baston en 2D, mais pour retranscrire tout ce que nous voulions dans Xenoverse il fallait absolument que ce monde ainsi que les personnages soient en 3D.

Recently an initiative of fans created from any room Hyper Dragon Ball Z, a prototype 2D. Do you think that this style of play still has a future?

Personally I love 2D fighting games, but to retranscribe everything we wanted in Xenoverse it was absolutely necessary that this world as well as the characters were in 3D.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#18  June 10, 2017, 01:33:53 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
wow my dreams come true with this.! we''ll have a good DBZ game finally on PC and console I hope they make the game with the same love Guilty gear, now they have the power.!! to make a true game of DBZ.
Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 06:18:03 am by yaret
#19  June 10, 2017, 02:17:02 am
  • Here every now and then...
    • USA
    • zboyx8@live.com
My body is so ready!!!! Wondering how the combo system is gonna be. Hopefully it isn't mash 1 button to win like Extreme Butoden.
#20  June 10, 2017, 05:19:34 am
  • Scion of the Flames
  • it aint over when you lose its over when you quit
    • Australia
    • DBZxprodigy1994@gmail.com
I really hope it plays at least a little like Guilty Gear REV 2 that game is hype as fuck I wonder how transformations will be handled tho...and I hope they add the movie villains would love to play as Janemba or Broly