YesNoOk

KoF XV (Read 719845 times)

Started by Magma MK-II, December 06, 2018, 01:30:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XV
#1761  October 15, 2021, 10:20:09 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Do you guys remember Najd? Considering that Vanessa, Heidern and Blue Mary, that were DLCs for XIV, were been promoted to part of the base roster and story of XV, it would be actually kinda cool to see her getting this kind of attention as well - being the only real newcomer of the XIV's DLC cast.

And with that said, here are all my unshatterable expectations in regards the full base roster:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 02:55:09 am by NDSilva
#1762  October 16, 2021, 01:11:02 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Wow. Huh.

I can actually get behind both of those rosters.
#1763  October 16, 2021, 09:04:11 am
    • Netherlands
I still think Heidern is gonna team up with either Ash or K' to be honest. I think Ash and K' are gonna have weird teams this time around but I also wouldn't be suprised if Ash teamed up with the two new rival girls.

But in the trailer Ash, K'Dash and Isla have their own teams, and I get the feeling that the other new girl could be a boss or related to it.

Fair point, I also completely forgot that Kukri was in the game and I think he's more likely to team up with Ash. Dunno who the third member of their team would be though. Elizabeth? Shen Woo? Oswald?
#1764  October 16, 2021, 02:15:23 pm
najd is a fan character , dunno if they bought her rights to be a proper SNK character or she's just a one and done character.
#1765  October 16, 2021, 03:35:07 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
SNK fully owns her rights.
#1766  October 17, 2021, 06:24:24 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
#1767  October 17, 2021, 09:21:50 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
#1768  October 17, 2021, 12:36:36 pm
    • Germany
Mhhh watched the Heidern Trailer now, like it so far.

The only thing I disliked was that they recolored some of the red effects, probrably to make them not look like blood, I dislike it if characters get toned-down. =/

Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 12:39:56 pm by Lichtbringer
#1769  October 17, 2021, 01:08:40 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
By the way, here's my roster predictions: https://twitter.com/MagmaMKII/status/1449529139015340032

Kim and Angel are definitely not going to be in the base roster.
Those two are simply too popular NOT to make them DLC.

I'd wager Kukri to team up with Ash & Eliz and Isla's team to include Najd and the other new girl.
Kim and Angel will probably come in as separate DLC teams.

Most likely:
Kim + Jhun + Gang-Il [Team Korea]
&
Angel + Sylvie + some other NESTS fighter (i.e. Nameless) [NESTS Team]
#1770  October 17, 2021, 02:11:42 pm
    • Netherlands
Has Kim ever missed any KoF installement? Seems weird to include Luong over him but I guess hwatever happens, happens.
#1771  October 17, 2021, 03:53:21 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Has Kim ever missed any KoF installement? Seems weird to include Luong over him but I guess hwatever happens, happens.

He's one of very few characters who have a perfect attendance so far, along with Kyo, Benimaru, Terry, Ryo, Ralf, Clark, Athena and Yuri.
#1772  October 19, 2021, 11:22:23 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
#1773  October 19, 2021, 12:05:15 pm
that image said:
Heidern has always been there pushing the story along
lol he was relevant with Clone Zero in '00 and that's it. His role with Rugal was "you took my eye and killed my family", what has he actually done in the story ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1774  October 19, 2021, 12:23:48 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
that image said:
Heidern has always been there pushing the story along
lol he was relevant with Clone Zero in '00 and that's it. His role with Rugal was "you took my eye and killed my family", what has he actually done in the story ?
Raising and training Leona.

I don't like Heidern either
I swear there was something cool here!!
#1775  October 19, 2021, 03:44:47 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
what has he actually done in the story ?
Brought Leona to this world and to the pens and pencils of the fandom.

And I guessed dressed as a vampire in All Stars and would not stop showing up.
#1776  October 19, 2021, 03:45:47 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Heidern is the closest the series has to a Big Good, sure his role was small during the Orochi arc but from the Nests arc forward he has always worked behind the scenes investigating the tournament hosts and their plans, plus he's been behind the formations of at least three different teams (Ikari, Secret Agents and K').
#1777  October 19, 2021, 11:35:01 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Heidern runs an organization devoted to countering each new evil force that shows up, he's definitely a narrative device for KOF. Its just that KOF is very light on story so its easy to overlook
#1778  October 19, 2021, 11:46:42 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
Do you guys remember Najd? Considering that Vanessa, Heidern and Blue Mary, that were DLCs for XIV, were been promoted to part of the base roster and story of XV, it would be actually kinda cool to see her getting this kind of attention as well - being the only real newcomer of the XIV's DLC cast.

And with that said, here are all my unshatterable expectations in regards the full base roster:

"yep Kim" variation

I don’t see Kim in a canon team with Billy and Yamazaki at all, unless it ties in with a plot Geese ends up having. If Heidern has his own team, I’m thinking they’ll probably throw Kim in with him and Whip or Gang-Il, unless Kim’s part of one of the DLC teams. At this rate, Geese, Billy, Yamazaki, and Hein are all probably going to wind up as DLC, unless they show up in Ash’s or Isla’s teams.
#1779  October 27, 2021, 05:04:04 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
^Agreed. Billy and Yamazaki as part of the "Justice Team" doesn't make sense at all on it's own; it would need some crazy or goofy plot to justify Kim's interest in training the two, of all people, this time around.

But given the direction that XIV's plot is indicating to be going (the "Orochi Team" despite there being no sign of Orochi himself, Ash just existing at all...!), something like this for the South Town guys would honestly not be so much out of the scope of "ShAtTeRiNg AlL eXpEcTaTiOns UhUhUhuHuh!"

My preditction list was primarily inspired on how much resources SNK is likely planning to save for this game, until the release date at least - as you may possibly have noticed already, every new character predicted here is someone playable in KOF XIV, with the solo exception being Elisabeth. (...heck, imagine if they ditch even Elisabeth in favor of someone like, Oswald again lol)

I genuinely don't have high hopes in regards to SNK's decisions about this game in the future, given the information pieces that were given so far. But who truly knows...

By the way, here's my roster predictions: https://twitter.com/MagmaMKII/status/1449529139015340032

That's a really cool roster prediction right here! :) (hell yeah, Nelson returns! :sugoi:)
#1780  October 27, 2021, 11:17:45 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
Online beta coming up on Nov. 19 thru the 22 it comes with online play with rollback netcode.

Just announced on the PS State of Play
Comes with one brand new character Dolores and 7 other characters.

KoF XV system mechanics tutorial by Dune based on the TGS demo

Rember that what's in the demo might be different from the final version.
Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 11:42:02 pm by videoman