YesNoOk

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Remaster (Read 15185 times)

Started by rgveda99, September 22, 2021, 04:06:48 am
Share this topic:
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Remaster
#1  September 22, 2021, 04:06:48 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Looks like the #FREEMVC2 worked.

https://sea.ign.com/marvel-vs-capcom-2/176741/news/marvel-vs-capcom-2-remaster-discussions-have-reportedly-begun

Digital Eclipse wants to revive Marvel vs. Capcom 2 with a remaster, and the studio head says discussions about the project have begun. In an interview with GamerHubTV on YouTube, Digital Eclipse's Mike Mika said both Disney and Capcom have been approached about the idea.

"We’ve begun some discussions on that right now and we’re trying to see how far we can go. But ultimately, at the end of the day, it’s really not up to us," Mika said. "So all we can really do is just make the best case possible and try to make it easy for them, and see if they’re interested.”

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-vs-capcom-2-remaster-discussions-between-disney-and-capcom-have-started/
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes may be remastered, or at the very least re-released on modern hardware, in the future.

During a recent interview with GamerHubTV, studio head of Digital Eclipse, a development team responsible for several recent ports of classic Disney and Capcom games, said that talks were underway regarding Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Mike Mika, speaking to the recent #FREEMVC2 online movement, said, "The reaction to [#FREEMVC2] was incredible. I know that both Disney and Capcom have seen that loud and clear and we’ve begun some discussions on that right now."
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
Re: Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Remaster
#2  September 22, 2021, 10:11:17 am
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it

For "remastered" I hope it means a MVC2 totally recreated from scratch and not a simple porting.

But above all an MVC2 totally rethought in terms of plot and character roster, but with the original gameplay.

If the making hasn't started yet, I'd like to suggest to them the roster this MVC2 remaster should have.
Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 10:14:32 am by Gladiacloud
#3  September 22, 2021, 10:12:31 am
    • Brazil
I don't think this os worth having a topic on it's own. They literally said it's only being talked about, as likely as it is, we shouldn't act as if we have any confirmation.
#4  September 22, 2021, 10:29:54 am
So, if they remastered the game, that means it'll be all the same, only a few new features and a rollback netcode.

But who's idea was to have to Wolverines in MVC2? They could have made Jubilee or Beast in the Marvel side, maybe it was until the time consuming came and they put Wolverine with a different boneclaw in the last minute. At least, in Smash Bros Melee were different characters in their alt like doctor or even a younger version of themselves.
#5  September 22, 2021, 10:40:00 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
So, if they remastered the game, that means it'll be all the same, only a few new features and a rollback netcode.

But who's idea was to have to Wolverines in MVC2? They could have made Jubilee or Beast in the Marvel side, maybe it was until the time consuming came and they put Wolverine with a different boneclaw in the last minute.

^This. Also get rid of Roll and Dan with 2 other Darkstalkers.

If they remaster it I hope its a Super Turbo edition of MVC2. To be honest I don't think we're getting that.

I just hope it offers the option of  borders just like Arcana Heart 3.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#6  September 22, 2021, 11:58:14 am
    • Netherlands
For "remastered" I hope it means a MVC2 totally recreated from scratch and not a simple porting.

But above all an MVC2 totally rethought in terms of plot and character roster, but with the original gameplay.

If the making hasn't started yet, I'd like to suggest to them the roster this MVC2 remaster should have.

That would be a "remake".
"Remastered" is usually an hd port with a few filters and bells and whistles.
MAYBE a better netcode if lucky.
Don't expect any more tbh
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#7  September 22, 2021, 02:05:48 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I really hope they go the Third Strike Online route and incorporate more than just shiny filters and borders like having remixed tracks, more single player content like trials, maybe rebalanced roster while having the option to toggle between versions ala HD Remix although this part is wishful thinking.
#8  September 22, 2021, 02:16:39 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
If MvC2 gets rereleased in some way, you're going to have the same game as the PS3/360 version with the addition of borders for the authentic screen size and MAYBE the community created Ratio system as an extra mode...with rollback netcode.

I would be very surprised if they did anything beyond that.
They're not going to touch a two decade old game more than they need to, so no new features, no new stages or characters and no rebalancing. In fact, never expect their old games to get rebalanced due to HD Remix alienating old fans with their rebalancing.
#9  September 22, 2021, 04:06:33 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
If MvC2 gets rereleased in some way, you're going to have the same game as the PS3/360
The same screen from 2000 hehe please not.! in something else, I dont see this game ever release again due to its characters they are so many so a dream match come true nowaday is no possible anymore because of DLCs
Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 03:22:13 am by yaret
#10  September 22, 2021, 05:42:41 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
I’d like to present a video essay on why major changes to the game are not as likely as everyone seems to think lol

#11  September 23, 2021, 12:24:06 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Did people actually think this would result in any more than a port?
#12  September 23, 2021, 01:36:07 pm
    • Puerto Rico
I've seen people ask to add more characters to MvC2.

People can get very delusional at times.
#13  September 23, 2021, 04:11:20 pm
    • Brazil
I wouldn't say it's impossible for them to add, say, Morrilith, Shadow or Shadow Lady, who are clones, but I wouldn't exactly expect it. The only thing I'd really want them to do is make unlocking characters more convenient. In the PS2 version, not only was farming "money" annoying as hell, but the shop only displayed a few characters, and you had to reset it for others to appear. Either make unlocking it easier or just get them all unlocked from the start.
#14  September 23, 2021, 05:42:28 pm
    • Puerto Rico
PS3/360 version had everyone unlocked with their extra colors. Likely they'll do the same on release.
#15  September 23, 2021, 05:46:46 pm
    • USA
Honestly the number one thing I want the most is a Steam release. Maybe a Switch release if lucky but I’m not putting my eggs in that basket. If this does end up happening I would like a Steam release since I don’t own a PS or XBox of any sort.
#16  September 23, 2021, 05:53:20 pm
    • Brazil
PS3/360 version had everyone unlocked with their extra colors. Likely they'll do the same on release.
Perfect.

Honestly the number one thing I want the most is a Steam release. Maybe a Switch release if lucky but I’m not putting my eggs in that basket. If this does end up happening I would like a Steam release since I don’t own a PS or XBox of any sort.
I don't see why they wouldn't do both, these aren't small markets, not to mention we're talking about a port/remaster, so it should be relatively easy to do it.
#17  September 23, 2021, 06:51:01 pm
    • Mexico

Pretty much every fighting game released this generation barring SFV, Tekken, KOF XIV (was definitely planned alongside an Xbox port but neither saw the light of day), KOF XV (probably waiting for later port), USFIV (likely laziness) MvC3 (likely the same case) and MvCI (commercial failure) has been released on Switch, and frankly, the fact that they still release them shows that there's a market for fighters on the system.

Plus, MvC2 is a Dreamcast title, it wouldn't make any sense to not port it to Switch at all.
#18  September 23, 2021, 09:30:54 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
087-B said:
Maybe a Switch release if lucky but I’m not putting my eggs in that basket.

Nemuresu said:
Plus, MvC2 is a Dreamcast title, it wouldn't make any sense to not port it to Switch at all.

For the longest time, I have wanted to see Nintendo get a piece of the Marvel vs. Capcom action. For 25 years, not a single installment has ever been on the 64, Gamecube, Wii or Switch. It could be due to suggestive content owing to the appearances of Morrigan and Felicia (on a related tangent, Darkstalkers is also another Nintendo no-show). Maybe it's the control layout: my sister owns a Switch, and when I tested the controls whose buttons are smaller than the controllers of the past, they felt more in line with exploring-type games a la Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon - they weren't created for fighting games in mind. The last one is a stretch, and it may have to do with Nintendo's preference in letting Smash be the primary fighting game, but then it would fly in the face of other fighting games that currently are on Switch such as Dragon Ball FighterZ, SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy and Fighting EX Layer. Whatever the issue is, Nintendo has never been willing to have this or any other MVC game in its consoles.

There may be only one thing that could change that: a Nintendo guest character. Case study: Soul Calibur II, where the Gamecube edition featured Link from The Legend Of Zelda. It is also the only Soul Calibur game to ever be featured on a Nintendo console; Soul Calibur VI is not even on Switch. There was a spinoff released for the Wii, SoulCalibur Legends, but that's an action-adventure hack-and-slash game. Other consoles would have their own exclusive guest characters for II, Spawn for XBOX, and Tekken's Heihachi for Playstation. What if the only way MVC gets on Nintendo is to get a Nintendo rep? Keep in mind, when the Nintendo version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance was being made, Activision requested for Samus and Link to appear as guest characters - they even had models finished - but they screwed up because Samus and Link were developed on Playstation dev kits. Would it been as a Capcom request, or as a Nintendo demand - that's one worry. The other is the design - it would have to match the old CPS2 pixel artstyle, which to add, if MVC2 does extremely well, and the demand for new characters in that style were to increase, oh boy.

I have a feeling if either Nintendo gets involved, or fan demand is at an all time, pretty soon, Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age Of Heroes could mean "Special Edition."
#19  September 24, 2021, 01:01:20 am
    • Brazil
Won't happen, do not delude yourself. They won't make a guest character in a port of an old game just so Nintendo can feel special. Console-exclusive characters have stopped in fighting games a long time ago, because it's more work for less profit and the characters end up banned in professional tournaments because people don't have access to all of them.
#20  September 24, 2021, 01:04:30 am
    • Mexico
Also to bring up, several Darkstalkers characters appear in Project X Zone, 3DS games. And the censorship thing flies in the face of SNK Heroines.

Really, the only thing preventing MvC2 from releasing on Switch is laziness. Nothing more, nothing else.
#21  September 24, 2021, 02:37:08 am
    • Puerto Rico
#22  September 24, 2021, 02:46:42 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Not to mention there's zero chance that the port won't just be a slapped on arcade rom like the past Digital Eclipse releases done for Capcom. Meaning none of the features from past versions such as the recent PS3/360 versions.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#23  September 24, 2021, 02:52:24 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Yeah, but hear me out.

MCU skins at a large detriment cost to them to redesign for a minimal market return.
#24  September 24, 2021, 06:05:24 am
    • Brazil
Not to mention there's zero chance that the port won't just be a slapped on arcade rom like the past Digital Eclipse releases done for Capcom. Meaning none of the features from past versions such as the recent PS3/360 versions.
I think you're going a little too far on this. Like, yes, we've seen disappointing remasters before, but I don't think they would be stupid enough to get an old ROM instead of the PS3/360 upgraded versions. Hell, I don't think its too much to expect quality of life changes or even simple stuff like a bigger soundtrack (which this game really needs, because the OST sucks), which should be relatively easy to implement. But expecting fully sprited new characters or stuff like that? Pure delusion. The most that could happen when it comes to new characters is clones, because they can reuse existing sprites and moves (Morrilith, for example, shares a lot of stuff with normal Morrigan), but even then, like I said before, I wouldn't expect even that.
#25  September 24, 2021, 07:14:33 pm
    • www.youtube.com/user/anderson505
I do prefer cvs2 remaster
#26  September 24, 2021, 07:22:34 pm
    • USA
#27  September 24, 2021, 09:53:51 pm
  • Every journey has it's final day, don't rush.
    • USA
New characters aren't needed for an MVC2 remaster. The closest thing to this is just making your own MVC2 Mugen. xD

What I would like to see in the remaster aside from the obvious rollback netcode is a trial mode and if they can make a remixed soundtrack with the option to go with the original soundtrack.
#28  September 24, 2021, 11:50:42 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Like, yes, we've seen disappointing remasters before, but I don't think they would be stupid enough to get an old ROM instead of the PS3/360 upgraded versions.
It's what they did with the SF Anniversary Collection and SamSho collection. I pretty much fully expect it.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 08:29:50 pm by Roman55
#29  September 26, 2021, 06:35:55 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Just port it to the Switch and call it a day and I'll be happy. Well half happy since my ZR button is dead.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#30  September 29, 2021, 06:34:58 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
A PC release with rollback netcode is pretty much all they need to revive the game. I'd be happy with that. None of this "console first, PC way later" nonsense, at least.