YesNoOk

Melty Blood Type Lumina has been announced!! Release date 9/30/2021!! (Read 633860 times)

Started by Sima Shi, March 25, 2021, 06:05:21 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Melty Blood Type Lumina has been announced!!
#21  March 27, 2021, 02:40:16 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Gonna miss the 2D pixel art. I'm only hoping they make a collection with the old games. I'd really love to play the Melty Blood Act Cadenza cause it has 4 player functionality.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#22  March 27, 2021, 10:28:55 am
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Gonna miss the 2D pixel art. I'm only hoping they make a collection with the old games. I'd really love to play the Melty Blood Act Cadenza cause it has 4 player functionality.

Look closely.
This upcoming game DOES have sprites.
This is fate.
#23  March 30, 2021, 05:34:30 pm
    • Argentina
The Sprite style looks diferent?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#24  March 30, 2021, 05:42:30 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
The sprite style resembles Under Night, does it not?
#25  March 30, 2021, 07:13:11 pm
    • Brazil
Oh, so its gonna be released this year? I hadn't noticed that. Anyway, looks fine enough, and the fact that its 2D means we'll see many conversions to MUGEN too. Shame they didn't show any new characters, I'd hate if the game was limited to the previous cast only.
#26  March 30, 2021, 07:20:49 pm
Tsukihime will be released this summer (and MB I imagine before the holidays maybe, but yes, this year), but apparently they said it'll only be the Near Side routes, although they'll give everyone stuff to do in those routes.
So, if this new MB doesn't spoil the Far Side characters that don't exist yet, and if they don't just reuse old characters, then it's quite likely they'll cut the roster hard. The website is proud to announce that "this new game features a cast of over 10 characters" sooooo yeah that sounds real bad for most of the cast, we're probably getting mostly the Near Side characters and just the heroines for the Far Side. I can't even tell if we'll get Kohaku and Hisui.
That said, you already know we'll get more updated versions whenever the Far Side comes out. And then more. And again.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 07:31:21 pm by Byakko
#27  March 30, 2021, 07:24:54 pm
    • USA
^

Never knock updated rosters and DLC. Honestly, they probably do have a plan in place and before you know it, we'll probably have the entire Current Code roster by the time everything finishes lol

Patiently awaiting both Lumina and Tsukiremake, I know I'll fall in love with both. <3

My only hope is Sion still returns as DLC in the future.
#28  March 30, 2021, 07:32:23 pm
Oh yeah, the old games were still in the era of getting 50 re-release with one or two more characters, the entire world of DLC was born since then...
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#29  March 30, 2021, 09:08:14 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
this game reminds me cross tag battle where every combo is so easy to make
#30  March 30, 2021, 11:07:57 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
The sprite style resembles Under Night, does it not?

UNIEL and Melty Blood were always developed by the same company (French Bread).

Tsukihime will be released this summer (and MB I imagine before the holidays maybe, but yes, this year), but apparently they said it'll only be the Near Side routes, although they'll give everyone stuff to do in those routes.
So, if this new MB doesn't spoil the Far Side characters that don't exist yet, and if they don't just reuse old characters, then it's quite likely they'll cut the roster hard. The website is proud to announce that "this new game features a cast of over 10 characters" sooooo yeah that sounds real bad for most of the cast, we're probably getting mostly the Near Side characters and just the heroines for the Far Side. I can't even tell if we'll get Kohaku and Hisui.
That said, you already know we'll get more updated versions whenever the Far Side comes out. And then more. And again.

When you come to realize that literally half of the original roster was only possible because of Tatari shenanigans (Nanaya, Red Arc, Vampire Sion, Nero, etc.), then you begin to accept the fact that there's only going to be only 10+ characters upon release. As far as I'm concerned as long as they're all unique characters and not some alt them I'll totally be fine with quality over quantity.

But for real though, this screams updated rereleases. I can't wait for Melty Blood Type Lumina Cadenza ReActress Again Version B2 Final Tuned Current Code....
#31  March 30, 2021, 11:28:47 pm
    • USA
#32  March 30, 2021, 11:36:28 pm
When you come to realize that literally half of the original roster was only possible because of Tatari shenanigans (Nanaya, Red Arc, Vampire Sion, Nero, etc.), then you begin to accept the fact that there's only going to be only 10+ characters upon release.
for the Melty Blood story of Wallachia, yes. But if this new game starts with the TsukiRemake story, Nanaya, Red Arc, Nero (maybe) can still show up depending on how Nasu reshuffles everything between the routes and how forms like Red Arc are presented.
I just hope that Tohno Shiki doesn't have crap moves and Nanaya get the crazy moves. I'm okay with making only one Shiki if he's worth something. And then later on, an "awakened" Nanaya can get different things.
Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 11:39:30 pm by Byakko
#33  March 31, 2021, 12:07:51 am
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
I'm sure that the movements will be definitely less fluid, as the original Melty Blood is a really smooth game. But still, give us Len and we'll be good.

(Don't forget that they made Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax's sprites or something. Same current style).
#34  March 31, 2021, 01:24:06 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Not a fan of HD sprites.  :sweatdrop:

Now that we have 3 games of the same style there's a lack of variety. I guess the good side of it is we possibly might get a triple crossover?
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#35  March 31, 2021, 08:24:30 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
for the Melty Blood story of Wallachia, yes. But if this new game starts with the TsukiRemake story, Nanaya, Red Arc, Nero (maybe) can still show up depending on how Nasu reshuffles everything between the routes and how forms like Red Arc are presented.
I just hope that Tohno Shiki doesn't have crap moves and Nanaya get the crazy moves. I'm okay with making only one Shiki if he's worth something. And then later on, an "awakened" Nanaya can get different things.

According to what I have read, Lumina takes place 10 days before the start of Remake and wants to explore "what if" scenarios of characters meeting each other before being introduced proper.

So I guess anything's possible. I mean this is Nasu we're talking about, the same person who considers everything in FGO to be canon even the events in between main story chapters.

Not a fan of HD sprites.  :sweatdrop:

Now that we have 3 games of the same style there's a lack of variety. I guess the good side of it is we possibly might get a triple crossover?

I'm not even surprised they're reusing assets from other games. I swear I heard DBFC hit sounds from the trailer.
#36  April 01, 2021, 09:25:52 am
so the moons aren't grooves anymore but somewhat a meter probably like a ultra meter from sf4.

wait did arcued had a super like that in the previous games? i remember all her supers are chains .... and rajaa's arcued had a super like that.
Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 10:28:33 pm by 地獄の花
#37  June 23, 2021, 01:51:50 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends

We have a release date!

Also Hisui and Kohaku confirmed
#38  June 23, 2021, 02:12:58 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
New trailer

#39  June 23, 2021, 03:36:19 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 04:42:08 pm by yaret
Re: Melty Blood Type Lumina has been announced!! Release date 9/30/2021!!
#40  July 19, 2021, 02:44:13 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
Shiki and Kouma gameplay