YesNoOk

Melty Blood Type Lumina has been announced!! Release date 9/30/2021!! (Read 633655 times)

Started by Sima Shi, March 25, 2021, 06:05:21 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Melty Blood Type Lumina has been announced!! Release date 9/30/2021!!
#61  August 03, 2021, 06:08:25 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
A good thing to consider when you're inevitably disappointed that your fave Melty character isn't included is that this game is less about Melty being revived and more about Type Moon's push this year to see if Tsukihime is still a viable franchise that can make them any money
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#62  August 03, 2021, 06:13:15 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
To respond to both -- all fair reasons, and honestly I didn't actually consider this being Type-MOON's push for viability. Fair point.

Honestly I do see how I sound a bit spoiled so I'm sorry for coming off as confrontational. I'm still not super interested in Maids but, yeah. Sorry for coming off like a buffoon, wasn't ultimately my intent. I also wasn't trying to make it about "I want my fave characters", really it's not about that. But I digress, I suppose any of that will sound entitled, so I'll hold my tongue.

Thanks for the discussion though, it at least helps me understand a bit better than I thought I did. Kudos.
#63  August 04, 2021, 06:35:47 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
I don't mind the maid duo being in the game and I'm well aware their inclusion doesn't bar anyone else from appearing. What I'm disappointed in is that French Bread are already adding in alts of already existing characters before the roster even hit double digits with an announced roster of around 10 at launch which I'm trying to emphasize.

Then again I should be expecting this since It's Melty Blood after all with half of their roster from Actress Again literally being alts, just not this early.
#64  August 04, 2021, 09:41:07 am
I'm just counting the roster to be "around 9".
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#65  August 05, 2021, 04:04:15 am
    • Brazil
Here they are:

#66  August 05, 2021, 04:46:27 am
    • USA
I'd like to rescind my earlier disappointment. Maids now look more interesting to me than they have before. I'm glad they made sure to make them really fun to make up for the fact that it's two existing characters stapled together. Not that they never did that before, but now to ME at least they look very compelling.

EDIT: I also wanna add that the website hasn't updated to add in Maids (which I didn't think they would anyways) so I think this doubles as the gameplay showing of Kohaku and Hisui alone and together. Which is fine, honestly.

So I think... next trailer we see, will definitely be a new character, since now all the revealed characters have been covered in one way or another.
Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 04:59:00 am by 087-B
#67  August 10, 2021, 05:01:31 pm
    • USA

Hisui stand-alone trailer… guess I was wrong. We’ll probably get Kohaku’s in the next 2-3 days given the pattern of two trailers per week that Type-Moon is doing. Which is fine I suppose.

She looks pretty fun, I think she’s even faster here than she is in MBAACC. She still has setplay but they also present her as a bit more rush down? I like it.
#68  August 24, 2021, 02:09:01 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
Miyako Arima

Me Kohaku

Miyako is probably the most visually pleasing character to me so far despite her generic play style. Her animations are pretty smooth.
#69  August 24, 2021, 02:13:40 pm
  • Examu Advocate
    • USA
Apparently there are 4 characters left to be revealed according to the recent Type-Moon Times, so that brings the roster to... 13?
#70  August 24, 2021, 03:25:02 pm
... They didn't cut Miyako ? Her excuse was specifically that Wallachia made her strong enough to have any relevance. What does she have if this is set before Wallachia and before Tsukihime ? At this point I don't even know if they'll cut Nero, who is one of MB's most iconic characters, despite TM avoiding any mention of him like they want us to think he's not in the remake at all. (so far I was under the assumption that Nero might get cut under the excuse that this is a prequel)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#71  August 24, 2021, 04:59:35 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
If we're going by that logic then the only characters that remain would be Shiki, Ciel, Arcueid, and Akiha. The rest of the characters were only possible due to Wallachia's influence be it their fighting style (Miyako, Hisui, Kohaku) or existence (Kouma).
#72  August 24, 2021, 05:32:17 pm
Hisui and Kohaku are joke characters, their whole movelist is comedy, so I don't count them ; and Kouma exists outside of Wallachia. I did originally expect him to be cut if the roster was downgraded to 10 characters but there's nothing that prevents the real Kouma from being included, especially if they want to give some more spotlight to his appearances in Shiki's life, like including the short story with Kiri and the flashbacks with Kouma in the mansion.
Miyako is taken more seriously than the maids here, the only way she appears in the story for MB is if her martial art skills are real and not an illusion. That or they go the other way, make a joke out of her like the maids, and have people in-story treat her as a kid. But that trailer doesn't seem to be going that way.

I'd expect Aoko before Len, if Kouma is the real one and not a Wallachia/Len dream. Nero and Roa are obvious bad guys, but I don't know how they'll go for it if the remake introduces new or revamped villains.
||
V
Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 05:45:49 pm by Byakko
#73  August 24, 2021, 05:38:13 pm
    • USA
^
 |
EDIT: Oops I forgot about Aoko. Nevermind then, yeah. Aoko, Satsuki, Nero, Roa. My final four picks. If not Roa then maybe SHIKI, idk. I find it hard to imagine new characters in this one tbh.
--
Since Kouma is making an appearance, it makes me wonder if Len will be featured on the roster... my picks for final four characters are Satsuki, Nero, Roa, and Len. Just playing it safe tbh. (I feel like I've probably already mentioned this before. If I have, apologies.)

Also MIYAKO HYPE! H-Miyako became one of my sleeper picks during my recent Melty sessions and I've fallen in love with the character so I'm actually super glad she's back! VEry wonderful thing to wake up to and I know who I will be maining once the game drops. <3
Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 05:47:57 pm by 087-B
#74  August 24, 2021, 06:11:13 pm
Roa is in a weird position if they keep pretending that Lumina is only a prequel to the remake and doesn't include the events of the remake proper. Roa can't already show up if the Remake hasn't happened yet, and they can't have the original Roa to avoid "spoiling" the remake. SHIKI would be the obvious replacement, except the remake is only the Near Side, we're not getting the Far Side yet, so I'm not counting on anything from the Far Side (Satsuki being an exception because I'm assuming she'll definitely show up in the remake).
Then again they could have SHIKI shortly before he turns into Roa I guess. Or maybe SHIKI just as he turns into Roa.
So yeah. There's a lot of presumptions that should be obvious, but the claims that Lumina is a prequel and the remake will only have the Near Side throw a wrench in all of them. Even Nero is in limbo as long as Type-Moon is ignoring him in everything they've shown about remake so far and trying to make us believe he's getting replaced by that new white haired sword guy as "the ancestor hunting for Arcueid". (but since they're obviously reusing all the previous characters like Kouma and Miyako, at this point Nero will definitely show up in Lumina, he's too big to skip it)

edit - I just skimmed through one of the new videos on the TM Youtube account and there's piece of art for the remake with Ciel's redesigned executor outfit : https://youtu.be/2FGTo99Ca0A?t=1289
Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 06:38:54 pm by Byakko
#75  August 25, 2021, 07:37:53 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#76  September 02, 2021, 03:45:40 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
New character

Glad we have a new face to make up for the lack of melty blood characters
#77  September 10, 2021, 05:21:54 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
Roa

#78  September 10, 2021, 09:24:31 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Just noticed there's clashing now.

Also Michael Roa now looking like a Kpop star.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#79  September 10, 2021, 03:19:01 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Great.! we have finally a stage that isn't a real world in the background
Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 03:41:44 pm by yaret
#80  September 11, 2021, 09:47:02 am
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
Akiha and Arcuied Gameplay