YesNoOk

New Samurai Spirits announced (Read 206984 times)

Started by Roman55, September 10, 2018, 12:58:40 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Samurai Spirits announced
#21  September 11, 2018, 11:10:31 pm
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
Ah so it is, thanks for showing me the better image Byakko. It's a lot clearer!  I do hope they add more of the cast, it would be good to see Kazuki or Sougetsu again. Does seem a little odd that Gen-An wasn't in that first line up, but hey...
#22  September 11, 2018, 11:53:57 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
Genan has not played a major role in the series since appearing in the first game.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 11:58:11 pm by no1wammy
#23  September 12, 2018, 12:57:53 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
iirc genan is mai's great grandfather, give a few generations.
#24  September 12, 2018, 06:49:52 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Oh man, i'm so happy! SamSho will back!! :D :D

Well, as it seems, will be the second prequel of the series since will be the direct sequel of SamSho V / Samurai Spirits Zero.
I hope this could be great, SamSho deserves a glorious comeback.
#25  September 12, 2018, 04:07:57 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
What do we know from the trailer:

* The game will be set in 1787, one year after SS5 and one year before the original game.
* Haohmaru, Jubei, Nakoruru, Earthquake and Galford are confirmed.
* That picture on the trailer shows almost the entire cast from the original game plus Genjuro, with the only missing characters being Gen-An, Wan-Fu and Amakusa.
* We'll have blood. Tons of blood.
* Those grayscale on red background cut-ins will probably be fatalities/finalizations.

My predictions:

* We'll be getting the entire cast from the original game.
* Either we'll be getting a new boss, or it'll be Amakusa again.
* Since Genjuro will definitely be in as well we'll probably be getting some of the newcomers from II, III and IV as well (they're pretty much fan favorites so there's no reason to not include them).
* I doubt we'll be getting any of the newcomers from Samurai Shodown V, though since the story seems to involve him directly Yoshitora may be coming back, but that's it.
* Also doubt any of the Tenkaichi newcomer's we'll be coming back, since this game wasn't canon.
* Maybe we could get some of the characters from the 64 games, though I highly doubt it.
#26  September 12, 2018, 05:14:30 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I am placing bets on whether or not iroha will make it.
#27  September 12, 2018, 05:53:21 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Cant wait to see how Sieger looks in 3d
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#28  September 12, 2018, 06:25:08 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
That's a HUGE speculation there.
#29  September 12, 2018, 09:14:22 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Like, speculating diago was the director, the director is still oda and it seems like it's being made by the same team as kof14 and heroines, his tweet is hard to read.
#30  September 13, 2018, 01:17:13 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
* We'll be getting the entire cast from the original game.
* Either we'll be getting a new boss, or it'll be Amakusa again.
* Since Genjuro will definitely be in as well we'll probably be getting some of the newcomers from II, III and IV as well (they're pretty much fan favorites so there's no reason to not include them).
* I doubt we'll be getting any of the newcomers from Samurai Shodown V, though since the story seems to involve him directly Yoshitora may be coming back, but that's it.
* Also doubt any of the Tenkaichi newcomer's we'll be coming back, since this game wasn't canon.
* Maybe we could get some of the characters from the 64 games, though I highly doubt it.

* Surely they'll be in. But specially i want to see Amakusa!
* These are my predictions about the characters (except Genjuro since he's already confirmed) > Amakusa, Genan, Wan-Fu, Sieger, Cham Cham, Gaira Caffeine, Rimururu, Basara, Kazuki, Sogetsu, Yoshitora and MAYBE Iroha instead she's from SamSho VI which is non-canon but Iroha is a fan favorite. I hope that Shiki will be in too, she's such a badass and a fan favorite aswell.

Don't think that Nicotine Caffeine and Rasetsumaru will be in. Yunfei, Yumeji and Mina are canonically dead so they won't be in for sure. And just forget Kusaregedo. :P
#31  September 13, 2018, 01:29:26 am
Shiki is a fan favorite but it always feels weird and disconnected when they just dump her in a game without going over the whole Asura storyline (i.e. almost all the games she ever showed up in), so I dunno, I feel she deserves to be kept off for a fleshed out sequel where she's actually part of the story.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 01:32:40 am by Byakko
#32  September 13, 2018, 10:18:25 am
Although Sen is universally reviled. I think one character might possibly make it. It may be Kim Hae Ryeong. Thanks to Kim Kaphwan (and to some extent, Kim Sue-il), he'll easily translate into 2D-style gameplay.

BTW, Yumeji is still alive (as a monk or something), based from Rasetsumaru's Ending.

Since the leaker got some things right, I think we'll get Shiki along the way (whether part of the initial roster or DLC, it remains to be seen).
I'm often busy with other things, so I rarely post.
New av = When SNK dropped Playmore...
#33  September 13, 2018, 11:45:40 am
hope they update charlotte's ugly ass armor and movesets .
#34  September 13, 2018, 11:48:19 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
What about some guest characters from The Last Blade!? :thinking:
Lasagna
#35  September 13, 2018, 11:52:40 am
that's actually a great idea. but that's a full hundred years.  but seeing nakoruru is in kof14 why not.
#36  September 13, 2018, 09:23:29 pm
  • For honor!
* We're likely getting the original cast save for Amakusa who has not been resurrected yet and Gen-An who is kinda a maybe because of his lack of popularity in japan.

* Genjuro, as usual, is the only character from 2 that's getting in the base game. Though Cham Cham is a very likely DLC candidate.

* Rimururu, Sogetsu, and Kazuki are safe bets as they're series staples. Shizumaru is a possiblity. It would be great now that the technology they have isn't as limited as it was back when they had to cut Shizumaru from 64 because his Umbrella was tricky for them to render.

* It is with a heavy heart I must say that my man Basara is not getting in. There doesn't seem to be a plot reason to include him and he's not exactly a very popular character in the series. My hopes are not even remotely up for him...

* I strongly doubt we're going to see anyone from 5, save maybe Rera as an alt costume or DLC. They're all either busy with more peaceful professions, dead, imprisoned, or in Rasetsumaru's case: is a severed head.

* Nobody introduced in 6 is likely to make it because the game is not canon.

* Nobody from 64 is making it in because Shiki is the only one anybody remembers and she would likely be too young to fight in this game's timeline. Nobody from Sen is going to be in either because Suzu is the only character the fans didn't hate and if she was in this game, she would be like, 4 years old or something. Those two could be DLC though, where it doesn't have to make sense. Just ask Rock.

So my prediction for the line-up is Haohmaru, Genjuro, Ukyo, Charlotte, Tam Tam, Wan Fu, Earthquake, Hanzo, Galford, Nakoruru, Rimururu, Jubei, Gen-An?, Gaira?, Kyoshiro, Kazuki, and Sogetsu. The rest of the cast is new characters.

Also, from gameplay observations I can see that Issens will be back meaning we're getting rage explosion and possibly concentration 1. Also, that stab move Nakoruru does hints to either the return of Zetsumei Ougis or the introduction of max supers. Characters get drenched in blood as the fight goes on so I don't doubt there's going to be death animations at the end of a fight regardless. The heavy hitstops on fierce slashes are back, now with instant replays (assuming that wasn't cool editing) which hints towards the return of classic Samurai Shodown gameplay.
Iroha stripped for me
Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 09:29:04 pm by Alpaca-San
#37  September 14, 2018, 06:10:08 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
I'm interested in seeing new characters too, they must have some.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#38  September 15, 2018, 08:39:09 pm
Canon or not canon, Iroha will most likely make it in considering how popular that character is. Pretty sure SNK can find a way to fit her into the timeline.
#39  September 15, 2018, 09:36:55 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
She not being canon makes it easier to fit her in, actually.
#40  September 15, 2018, 10:08:09 pm
Uh ? Iroha is not canon ? How is that ?
She's from... VI, right ? I never followed the Samsho timeline but Eventhubs says that's in 1799, with this game happening in 1787, that's... Well who cares she's a crane spirit right ? I don't remember her story particularly limiting the time frame in which she could possibly appear, it shouldn't be a problem to have her just be around already.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 10:11:35 pm by Byakko