YesNoOk

Nickelodeon All Star Brawl (Read 185089 times)

Started by walt, July 13, 2021, 07:39:39 pm
Share this topic:
Nickelodeon All Star Brawl
#1  July 13, 2021, 07:39:39 pm
  • SNK is life
https://www.ign.com/articles/nickelodeon-all-star-brawl-spongebob-rugrats-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-smash-bros

Yo, EVERYONE IS HERE (sorta)

Who will you main?

IGN Article said:
We don't have a full list of characters just yet, but we know that the game will feature:

Michelangelo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Leonardo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Nigel Thornberry (The Wild Thornberrys)
Powdered Toast Man (Ren & Stimpy)
SpongeBob SquarePants (SpongeBob SquarePants)
Sandy Cheeks (SpongeBob SquarePants)
Patrick Star (SpongeBob SquarePants)
Oblina (Aaahh!!! Real Monsters)
Lucy Loud (The Loud House)
Lincoln Loud (The Loud House)
Helga (Hey Arnold!)
Reptar (Rugrats)
Zim (Invader Zim)
Danny Phantom (Danny Phantom)
Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 07:56:13 pm by walt
Re: Nickelodeon All Star Brawl
#2  July 13, 2021, 07:40:37 pm
  • Original characters are my forte.
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/bane84/
Nigel Thornberry is SMASHING.
#3  July 13, 2021, 07:49:08 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Rollback netcode

Nigel Thornberry

The only two things any game ever needs
#4  July 13, 2021, 07:57:07 pm
  • SNK is life
I'm super curious to know what kind of moveset REPTAR will have, I bet he'll be a savage.

Any guesses to who could be the final boss? :beam:
#5  July 13, 2021, 08:09:08 pm
  • Original characters are my forte.
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/bane84/
#6  July 13, 2021, 09:42:47 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#7  July 13, 2021, 11:00:51 pm
Any characters of Jimmy Neutron be confirmed, i'll be sold over this game.
#8  July 13, 2021, 11:05:14 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Kinda freaking odd that there's zilch on the Avatar franchise in its reveal trailer.  I'd of course fully expect at bare minimum Aang to show as a character and more likely Korra in tow if not a full on 100% expectancy.  I'd assume it's not their most lucrative franchise because quality does not necessarily beget profits, but it is unquestionably their greatest.

Beyond that, surprised that it looks like there's some level of quality control to this cash-grab.  And Leonardo has moves from the TMNT arcade game?  In fact their design overall is more skewed to the 80's cartoon than the 3D one Nick's most know for, which is interesting.  I notice though with Danny Phantom an issue that came up when Cartoon Network tried their own Smash clone years ago.  Some 2D cartoon art styles do NOT transition to 3D well.

But then Powdered Toast Man is here of all things and doesn't look half-bad.  Which is a feat unto itself given Ren & Stimpy's freakish art design.  So what the hell.

Speaking of which, I nominate Mr. Horse to be included.

Edit: Ok, the stage after Nigel is shown is clearly an Avatar stage.  So there is that.  Surprised Aang's flight stick is a background detail, that means he likely would not have it as part of his movepool.
Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 11:19:22 pm by Long John Killer
#9  July 13, 2021, 11:33:31 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
Reptar... me intrigued...

One series who may not get repped: Doug, and that's due to being owned by Disney, even though it was first a Nicktoon. If Nickelodeon plans to bring Doug to this game (most likely one of his alter egos Quailman or Smash Adams), there is certainly going to be a ton of red tape and paperwork required. Don't know if that would mean featuring Disney characters as a compromise, but I am so down for my lifelong dream of a Nickelodeon/Disney crossover.
Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 11:39:25 pm by no1wammy
#10  July 13, 2021, 11:43:12 pm
    • USA
I kinda hope this game has Final Smash equivalents just so they can reference key moments of the show or memes.  So that Ren & Stimpy can destroy Australia every Final Smash.

Oh, who am I kidding, their Final Smash would be Happy Happy, Joy Joy.
#11  July 13, 2021, 11:52:24 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
If this game doesn't have Norbert and Daggett as an Ice Climbers-style duo, it's an automatic 0/10.  XJ9 would be nice, but The Angry Beavers are a must.  In all seriousness, the fact that this is being developed by the studio behind Slap City makes it seem like there's a chance this will actually play decently. 

Also, the placeholder boxart that was given to retailers for their preorder pages clearly shows the silhouettes of Ren and Stimpy, Korra, and Rocko.  Also possibly Aang, but it's harder to make out for sure.
#12  July 14, 2021, 12:00:33 am
    • USA
Korra sans Aang is a much weirder turnout than Aang without Korra.  Especially seeing Nick tried burying Korra for a time but is all in on promoting Last Airbender as of late.  The Avatar stage in the initial trailer doesn't appear to be Republic City, just an Earthbender location, so even if it's one stage per franchise the fact the stage aligns much more with Last Airbender than Legend of Korra would leave me expecting Aang still.

Also wait, now that I think of it, TMNT got both New York City and the Terrordrome.  So it's not even one stage per series.

To the all three of you out there that wanted to see Leonardo the Ninja Turtle murder Hey Arnold's Helga on Battlefield, this one's for you.
Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 12:11:19 am by Long John Killer
#13  July 14, 2021, 01:26:12 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Quailman or didn't happen.

Also its clear Mr. Thornberry is in just because of the meme.

Beyond that, surprised that it looks like there's some level of quality control to this cash-grab.

I don't know, characters only seem to have one expression. Its pretty visible on Patrick and Spongebob.
#14  July 14, 2021, 01:40:22 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
If this game doesn't have Norbert and Daggett as an Ice Climbers-style duo, it's an automatic 0/10.  XJ9 would be nice, but The Angry Beavers are a must.  In all seriousness, the fact that this is being developed by the studio behind Slap City makes it seem like there's a chance this will actually play decently. 

Also, the placeholder boxart that was given to retailers for their preorder pages clearly shows the silhouettes of Ren and Stimpy, Korra, and Rocko.  Also possibly Aang, but it's harder to make out for sure.
Norbert/Daggett and XJ-9 are pretty much a given. Dudley Puppy, Heffer, Otto Rocket, Arnold, Timmy Turner and one of the Winx are also very likely.
#15  July 14, 2021, 02:17:54 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Looking at the boxart again in a higher resolution, what I thought was Rocko might actually be CatDog.

If they really wanted to impress me they'd bring in something from KaBlam!, but I know I'm one of like twelve people total who remember that show.
#16  July 14, 2021, 02:32:03 am
    • USA
The thought occurred to me an advantage this Nick game has per roster picks is Nick has a long history of popular live-action shows as well as all their cartoons, and I was actually getting excited at the possibility of playing as Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Will Smith.  Until I was reminded Nick at Nite was just a bunch of reruns of shows syndicated elsewhere and Fresh Prince is a NBC program.

But hey, Drake and Josh is a Nick show.  And Kenan and Kel.  And are unlikely to show up because getting the cartoon cast down right is hard enough but shut up, it's fun to dream.

GOH

#17  July 14, 2021, 03:42:54 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Catdog immune to crossups, calling it now.
#18  July 14, 2021, 04:29:27 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I'd be down for using CatDog or Powdered Toast Man (As long as he can fly backwards).
#19  July 14, 2021, 05:20:13 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
I am, seriously, FLIPPING THE SHIT OUT just by thinking that there's now a legit chance that this girl might actually make it to a real fighting game...

OMG.

SERIOUSLY. :flipout:

This has the potential to be the best crossover event ever, and I'm not even joking.
Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 05:23:18 am by NDSilva
#20  July 14, 2021, 01:23:39 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ

Imagine an alternate universe where we actually got playable Alex Mack.

Also, I really hope XJ9 will become playable.

Oh, and before I go, here's a more popular analysis of the temporary boxart for Nick All-Star Brawl:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns